The Lee Park Golf Association or LPGA

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It's been discussed at times in this thread, which is the best source that I'm aware of.

DWF Upside

Mentor
This entire thread baffles me. I thought the whole point of this site was to bring to light the uneven playing field of the white athlete? If Asian ladies want to be completely robotic psychopaths in preparing for and dominating than more power to them. Getting your tour card and winning opens has nothing whatsoever to do with (((favoritism))) in sports like football.

They aren't even cheating like many of those in academia. In particular, Indians and Chinese take cheating to a whole new level. These Korean broads are just winning through hard work.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It's the golf forum, and one of the interesting phenomena in golf over the past 20 years has been the Asian domination of women's golf. The same situation exists to a lesser extent in women's tennis with no White girls able to dominate for any stretch of time for the past 20 years. White women dominated golf and tennis for generations and it's sad to see what's happened and it's certainly worthy of notice and discussion.

This thread has 77 posts so obviously it's been of interest going back some years. I follow golf, including women's golf, so why wouldn't I be interested in the wholesale demographic shift in the sport that's taken place? The "whole point of this site" is to root for White athletes, whether they face an uneven playing field or not. I'm baffled that you're baffled and could care less if you're interested in this topic or not. What we don't need is somebody telling other posters what they should be posting about.

NWsoccerfan

Mentor
I used to go golfing occasionally on the weekends with a buddy and the courses always had a lot of Koreans there. Sometimes 50% plus. The driving ranges are the same way too. I asked a Korean guy at my workplace about it once and he said golf is very much a big deal to Koreans.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Lexi Thompson squandered the lead in the PGA championship down the stretch today, the second major this year that has happened thanks to her developing a real mental block when it comes to short putts from two to five feet out. She missed several of those today and they weren't even close.

Lexi's one of my favorites on the LPGA Tour, attractive with an All-American girl look to her. She first played in a major at the age of 12 and was expected to be a superstar but has fallen short of that status as her one and only major came back in 2014, though she is often in contention.

The event was won by Ingee Chun of Korea. Besides her and Lexi Thompson the rest of those at the top of the leaderboard were Lee, Thitikul, Hataoka, Green (how'd she sneak in there?), Kim, Kim, Choi, Vu and Ji. The White girls are still being schooled big-time by Asian players.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
If you think the Asian and general non-White domination of women's golf is going to decrease any time soon, think again. This is the current leaderboard at the 2023 NCAA Women's Golf Championship, in other words these are U.S. girls, or at least they're competing for U.S. universities as I don't know if all of them were born here or not. Judging by the names, two or possibly three appear to be White.

1684795195648.png

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
If you think the Asian and general non-White domination of women's golf is going to decrease any time soon, think again. This is the current leaderboard at the 2023 NCAA Women's Golf Championship, in other words these are U.S. girls, or at least they're competing for U.S. universities as I don't know if all of them were born here or not.

View attachment 3905

Golf has become a very popular choice for parents to get their kids into as they get pushed out of sports like basketball and football in favor of blacks (Field Hockey, Lacrosse also come to mind). Add to that the above listed women have the magical diversity angle (non-black of course) added to their applications it's no surprise.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
If you think the Asian and general non-White domination of women's golf is going to decrease any time soon, think again. This is the current leaderboard at the 2023 NCAA Women's Golf Championship, in other words these are U.S. girls, or at least they're competing for U.S. universities as I don't know if all of them were born here or not. Judging by the names, two or possibly three appear to be White.

View attachment 3905
I decided to check if it was so dire.

Lopez Ortega is White, born in Spain.
Hinson-Tolchard is White.
Lindblad is White.
Heath is White.
Arwefjall is White, born in Sweden.
Gomez could be considered a “White hispanic” from California, depending on who you ask.

So 5 or 6, around half. Not great but not terrible considering the country’s demographic decline.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I decided to check if it was so dire.

Lopez Ortega is White, born in Spain.
Hinson-Tolchard is White.
Lindblad is White.
Heath is White.
Arwefjall is White, born in Sweden.
Gomez could be considered a “White hispanic” from California, depending on who you ask.

So 5 or 6, around half. Not great but not terrible considering the country’s demographic decline.
It's not quite as non-White as I thought, but still disturbing. A purely demographic analysis (the country is half-non-White and the field reflects that) doesn't do justice to what's taking place. If the men's college golf championship was half non-White it would bother me a lot. Same with hockey, tennis, or baseball.

Golf was always a "White" sport, both male and female. Asian females now dominate the LPGA, but many of them are Asian born. If the girls at the highest collegiate level are now only roughly half White, that portends an ever increasing disappearance of White golfers from the LPGA Tour.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
It's not quite as non-White as I thought, but still disturbing. A purely demographic analysis (the country is half-non-White and the field reflects that) doesn't do justice to what's taking place. If the men's college golf championship was half non-White it would bother me a lot. Same with hockey, tennis, or baseball.

Golf was always a "White" sport, both male and female. Asian females now dominate the LPGA, but many of them are Asian born. If the girls at the highest collegiate level are now only roughly half White, that portends an ever increasing disappearance of White golfers from the LPGA Tour.
Yes, I see your point and agree. If Whites women are to fend off the Asian onslaught, they need to be the super majority of top US golfers.

Flint

Mentor
I think it’s a shortage of lesbian golfers. Traditionally womens golf has been a big lure for gay woman. Lady pro golf tournaments have always been big events for the lesbian communities.

Consider the explosion of womens sports due to Title IX and I think the more glamorous team sports such as basketball and softball have pulled away a lot of dykes that otherwise would be playing golf and you have the current shortage of good women golfers.

Not to mention the many masculine girls convinced to try and become men that take themselves out of the sports world entirely.