The "How can we compete?" Thread.....

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
This is just one of the interesting things I'm posting. Post your examples.

ncf_lewis_300.jpg

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3422417

Sooners coaches project him as a middle linebacker who appears to be ideal for OU's aggressive defense, much like predecessors Rufus Alexander and Curtis Lofton.

No past White MLB's?

"He made some real positive comments about him to the team," Been said. "Even though he's played only eight-man football, Coach Stoops told his guys that he immediately could tell Ronnell was a football player. And that's what he's after for his program."

Six-man football was constructed in 1934 by Stephen Epler, a Nebraska high school coach who conceived a version of the game for schools that didn't have the enrollment to muster 11-man teams. Its popularity peaked shortly after World War II, when hundreds of small communities fielded teams.

Remnants and derivations of the game remain today, including the eight-man team on which Lewis played -- and others in Nebraska and New Mexico. Many six-man football teams exist across Texas.

Basically, I was looking at an "analysis" of a White player on ESPN and the above picture and story (it was one of the stories on the bottom of the page) caught my eye. I thought, what about all the Whites that play in competitive leagues? What about all the Whites that play in rural communities? Why aren't they "the real deal?" It goes to what is often discussed on this site.

Not to mention, the above picture is Marxist. Like there are no small blacks in that league? ESPN is trying to give a "certain" (false) impression.

"How can them White boyz compete with the 'real' football players?" Well, ESPN, it happens all the time. Why don't you grow a pair and write about it....

I don't expect to see that kind of picture with the races reversed. What do CF members think?

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Jewell is an interesting prospect. He is a tall and lean lineman. He has a great frame and should be able to get into a college weight program and add serious bulk. He also looks on film to have a good wing span and will use it to his advantage. Despite being tall and rangy he displays the ability to play with good leverage. Has an adequate get-off, but displays the ability to bend at the knees, shoot his hands, get under a blocker?s pads, and stand him up. He is leverage disadvantaged and needs to watch his pad level, but does a good job of being able to hold his ground. Displays the ability to be active with his hands and shed. When he can get to half-a-man displays the ability to move laterally along the line of scrimmage. He is a solid tackler. Runs well for a big guy, has a good motor, and takes good angles in pursuit. He has adequate short-area change-of-direction skills, but displays good balance. As a pass rusher he is a straight ahead guy. He can create some push to collapse the pocket some and with his build he can be a tough target to throw over when he gets his hands up. He stays active with his hands and while there is not a lot of shake to him he will throw a swim and get his hips turned to work past a blocker. Kind rushes a passer a little like Frankenstein just coming straight ahead working to move past whatever gets in his way. Jewell has a good upside as he continues to physically develop. Intriguing defensive tackle prospect, but could also have some upside as an offensive tackle and that versatility and upside should make him a good steal for some program.

[url]http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/player?rec ruitId=59119&season=2009&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f %2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer %3frecruitId%3d59119%26season%3d2009 [/url]

WOW!!

This was the "analysis" that I was reading.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
This is "Frankenstein"

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=77380

Now I know why this young man was put down the way he was by the "antis." Look at his "athletic" face which displays strong features! They couldn't pull the "choir boy" or "water boy" crap so they settled for the hip garbage.

I would like to see this athlete play DT, DE or TE at the next level.... NOT Offensive Line!

Bronk

Mentor
Y'all might have heard of Jack Pardee Texas A&M, LA Rams, Chicago Bears, Washington Redskins and later a coach in the WFL, NFL, USFL and CFL. He was a six-man football player in high school at Cristoval, Texas.

I went to college at West Texas State in the panhandle -- a hotbed of sixer ball -- and saw my first six-man game down in Hermaleigh, TX. There is some damn good athletes at that level but nobody looks at them and being mostly farm and ranch kids, they often have too many economic difficulties to walk-on.