The Decline of the Anglos

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
The decline of the Anglos, by Patrick J. Buchanan.

I'd like to add some pithy or witty comment as a follow up to this article, but I don't think there is anything left to be said.

Solomon Kane

Mentor
Yeah, very depressing stats--I didn't know that California and Texas were already minority-white states. I had some vague idea we were a slight majority.

Pat's last point about the root of the problem being a God-denying, future-denying, live for personal gratification mentality, is spot on. Babies are seen as a burden and nothing more.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I don't think this doom and gloom scenario is quite true. Many of the Hispanic immigrants will assimilate and the language issue will be less of an issue. I don't think many Chicanos that can trace their ancestry to the pre 1845 era speak much if any Spanish. The racial issue is another aspect though as the Mexicans that immigrate today aren't white at all.Edited by: white is right

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Pat's a true American hero and a real (paleo) Conservative (unlike the many fakes...Hush Bimbo, Pawn Vanity, etc.). I always enjoy his articles and insight these days.

Charlie

Guru
There are five half-white/half-Mexican NFL players that I know of. Twenty years ago they would considered white, though a bit exotic, like someone with part-Indian ancestry.

But now it's all about highlighting differences and treating Hispanics as another race.

Ask A Mexican.com has an factoid about how immigration has changed. It used to be primarily from the whitest part of Mexico. Mexicans were certainly ethnic, but taking the route to being simply Americans. They married whites, listened to country music and oldies, were allied with whites when fighting blacks. Even now 45% of Mexican-Americans consider themselves white per Census results.

But the pull to be non-white is powerful. There is no advantage to being white. People aren't stupid, they're going to go with the best offer. The 'Mind of Mencia' 'comic' is half-German, half-Hispanic. No mystery as to which way he's going to go.

Part of some master plan? Who knows? It's not good for America, that's for sure.

As far as Spanish is concerned 'White Is Right' may want to check out the 'Why L.A. Sucks' blog and its account of jury duty. Mexicans who revert to an affected accent even though they've probably been in L.A. their entire lives. Kind of the way blacks speak an affected Ebonics to prove just how black they are.

It's not a language issue, it's an identity issue. Croats and Serbs probably put on affected accents too before the breakup.