The CF Homepage

How often do you check the Caste Football homepage?

• Never

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rarely

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Periodically

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Often

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The homepage gets steady traffic, but there's rarely anything new there for browsers to read. One of the main objectives of the rebuild was to get the homepage more active with original material and reader comments, but it hasn't worked out that way so far. Finding time to write is a common problem; I know it is with me, but that can also be a handy excuse.

At any rate, I'm curious to know how often forum posters check the homepage, so here we go with another poll.

Last edited:

backrow

Hall of Famer
i usually go straight to forums from favorites bar. i only visit a homepage when i am logging in from a new computer/browser. when i see something interesting i do read it then.

davidholly

Mentor
Maybe the homepage can also be a hub to outside articles relevant to caste football's purpose.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
i usually go straight to forums from favorites bar. i only visit a homepage when i am logging in from a new computer/browser. when i see something interesting i do read it then.

Me too. Of course that is because there is not new stuff often. It's a pleasent surprise when there is a new article though.

Anak

Mentor
If there were more news articles and blurbs it would be more well read. I often go to google and put in a keyboard like say "Wes Welker" when he was considering sitting out training camp and then click the news links, there's usually not many pages with updated information on a story. You would just have to make sure not to bury the more premium articles under a barrage of blurbs.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer

same here. about the only other time i visit it is when someone comments in a thread that a new article has been posted.

Highlander

Mentor
Article content is always the hardest thing to create. There are so many stories out there that could be made into informative front page articles, it's ridiculous. Finding the time to do it, however, is another story itself.

Personally, I would remove the comments section for the front page and just have it be only the article with a link at the end that goes to the main discussion board that includes the same article.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Article content is always the hardest thing to create. There are so many stories out there that could be made into informative front page articles, it's ridiculous. Finding the time to do it, however, is another story itself.

Personally, I would remove the comments section for the front page and just have it be only the article with a link at the end that goes to the main discussion board that includes the same article.

Good points. A lot of posts could also serve as blurbs on the right hand column of the front page, but it's easier said than done.

I don't want to remove comments from the homepage, at least not yet. I'd like to see the front page get a lot more material first and see if more comments are written as a result. The Pele article has 74 comments (and still growing), but you might be right that it's better to direct comments to the board.

frederic38

Hall of Famer
The Pele article has 74 comments (and still growing), but you might be right that it's better to direct comments to the board.

i like the idea of having articles like that because people that wouldn't post on the forum comment these articles, so it's a place where we can see what the rest, the "normal" people, think about what we say
i would like to write one but i don't write english well enough, even in french it would be hard
i wrote this article in french for example about how diego forlan is underrated: http://www.sportvox.fr/article.php3?id_article=30963
it's a translation of that post here: http://www.castefootball.us/forums/...-talent-FORLAN?p=252294&viewfull=1#post252294