• Kole Heckendorf UFA Packers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matt Simon UFA Saints

• Vinny Perretta UFA Vikings

• Eric Morris (Tryout ) Bears

• Dicky Lyons- Unsigned (Recovering Nicely From Knee Injury)

• Andy Brodell (Released by Packers-Failed Physical)

• Total voters

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
These are the guys who I think are the top undrafted white WRs. Feel free to put in a write in vote for a guy like Tyler Grisham of the Steelers, or an unsigned small school player like Charly Martin.

I am kicking myself for forgetting to mention Darren Mougey (he's a UFA with the Falcons) in my pre-draft rankings. Mougey could have been a very solid late round pick for an NFL team. Mougey has throwing skills too- and could be a potential wildcat QB!Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

StarWars

Mentor
In history the best undrafted white wide receiver is Wes Welker. That is why Eric Morris should have been drafted. He is the same person. Is Dicky Lyons Jr. still in college?

Anyway, I chose Peterman because Dwid's highlight video of him was amazing. I'm sure they are all very good though.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Damn- I totally forgot to include Dicky in this poll. No one signed him yet- even though his recovery has come along nicely from his serious knee injury- I wish I could go back and edit this! Damn.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Well, I edited the poll to include Dicky Lyons Jr. I took out Tyler Grisham to fit Lyons in. Grisham only ran a 4.65/4.67 40 yard dash at 5'10 184 lbs at his Pro Day. But the truly disappointing part was his 1.6 flat 10 yard clip. I think he only completed 8 bench presses as well, although his short shuttle was pretty good and his 3-cone was solid. I don't know if Grisham has enough quickness or strength "to get playing time" in the NFL in the slot.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Does anyone know anything about Matt Simon? Im going to try and go to a few of the Saints training camps to check him out. We are a little thin at wide receiver now.

Colston has never returned back to form after the thumb injury, Lance Moore just had shoulder surgery, Devery is a one trick pony and cant be relied on, Meachem still cant learn the playbook and where to line up, and Adrian Arrington had turf toe last year and was a 7th round draft pick.

I was hoping we would pick up someone like Morris, Peterman, Swift, or even Lyons because hes a hometown guy, but we picked up Matt Simon who I am not familiar with. Edited by: dwid

dwid

Hall of Famer
I feel like I jinxed Brodell in the highlight I made of him with the music I chose. His football career is probably dust in the wind now. I originally had a Tom Petty song wont back down and they wouldnt let me use it, it fit better and i never got around to finding a better song.

whiteCB

Master
I chose Nate Swift due to his great size 6'4 and good speed (mid 4.5s). He also owns the records at Nebraska for most catches and receiving yardage. All of that adds up to being the best UFA white WR.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I forgot to tell you guys, I voted for Eric Peterman based on dwid's eye popping highlight video of him. He's like Wes Welker making guys miss. He's like a scat back playing WR. Eric runs routes almost as good as Wes, and cuts on a dime almost as well as Welker, but he's a bit bigger and he is faster running a 4.45 40 compared to Welker's 4.61 time.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
whiteCB said:
I chose Nate Swift due to his great size 6'4 and good speed (mid 4.5s). He also owns the records at Nebraska for most catches and receiving yardage. All of that adds up to being the best UFA white WR.

My scouting report: Swift actually ran a 4.67- 40 according to the NFL network. His short shuttle number (4.25) was very solid though and he is tall and physical and plays faster than he times. Reminds a bit- of maybe a slightly poorer version of Malcolm Kelly or a rich man's Adarius Bowman. Todd Blythe might be a solid comparison too. In a fair world Swift should be able to climb up a team's depth chart to be at least a 3rd WR if not a starter at some point in his career.

BTW: Also impressive to note- that Swift's short shuttle time being .42 faster than his 40 time was tied for 1st for favorable difference. This means he loses virtually no speed when he cuts. His 6.78 3-cone was impressive too.