The Battle of the Network Stars

Shadowlight

Master
The second episode is on ABC tonight and Mike Greenberg (good grief) is one of the hosts. I tried to sit through the show last week and it was pretty awful. The original show aired from 1976-1988 and Howard Cosell was the host for most of that period and it was a hoot. Back then they would fill the teams up with cute up and coming female stars and they would compete in all sorts of skimpy outfits like short shorts and bathing suits. It was quite an EYE OPENING experience but the new edition has dialed way back on the female skin exposure etc. and just does not even approach the fun and hijinks of the old days. In fact ESPN Classics not that long ago was airing the original series and it brought back memories. And to me if I was to point out an example of the most perfect looking female who takes your breath away it would be Iowa born blonde haired beauty Randi Oakes from Chips. And she was athletic to boot and had a winning and competitive personality. She went on to help out with hosting later on. Some women are almost too beautiful to describe and she fits that category.
https://img1.etsystatic.com/075/0/8529775/il_570xN.810585805_i9xf.jpg

Last edited:

Shadowlight

Master
There is a scene in WKRP Cincinnati where the gang is in the bosses office and Arthur asks the hot Loni Anderson secretary character to do a series of some simple work related tasks which she promptly refuses because that according to her was not part of her work requirement. As she prepares to leave the room she asks is there anything else and the boss replies no so she says thank you and then Arthur the boss says no I want to THANK YOU. Ha.

Really good show and I was just a kid when I would watch it. I have no idea why it never took off in syndication.
My second favorite sit-com episode ever is when Johnny Fever becomes a host of a disco/dance show and eventually the fame turns him into another personality entirely that nobody likes at WKRP. The show was called " Gotta Dance ". It takes Lonnie Anderson to talk to the alter ego " Riptide " where Johnny finally snaps out of it. He shows up at the next show and starts to tell the kids disco sucks and gets them dancing to rock eventually. He had sold his soul for fame and Jennifer ( Anderson ) snaps hime out of it and the final line as he is talking to the camera of the show after realizing who he had become finishes the show with " Well kids, sometimes you gotta dance." Awesome show.
If you ever want to see the funniest most poignant show watch " Cheers " episode 13 season 1 called " Endless Slumper". If you have ever had a problem with alcohol watch this one if you are a fan of the show. Just riveting.

Shadowlight

Master
It would be nice to see WKRP back in syndication. Another show from the 70's I would like to see come back is Taxi. The original Bob Newhart Show was one of the smartest comedies of all time and featured the sexy Suzanne Pleshette. Another underrated little show was Alice. Very working class.

It would be nice to see WKRP back in syndication. Another show from the 70's I would like to see come back is Taxi. The original Bob Newhart Show was one of the smartest comedies of all time and featured the sexy Suzanne Pleshette. Another underrated little show was Alice. Very working class.

I have never seen Taxi but I know it launched a lot of careers like Devito, Danza , Lloyd and Hirsch ( yeah I know he is a Tribe member ) and as much as I hate Independence Day the movie he had some good moments in it.
I was always hoping Christopher Lloyd would show up in the year 1955 in a yellow cab rather than a Delorian. :)

Heretic

Master
The second episode is on ABC tonight and Mike Greenberg (good grief) is one of the hosts. I tried to sit through the show last week and it was pretty awful. The original show aired from 1976-1988 and Howard Cosell was the host for most of that period and it was a hoot. Back then they would fill the teams up with cute up and coming female stars and they would compete in all sorts of skimpy outfits like short shorts and bathing suits. It was quite an EYE OPENING experience but the new edition has dialed way back on the female skin exposure etc. and just does not even approach the fun and hijinks of the old days. In fact ESPN Classics not that long ago was airing the original series and it brought back memories. And to me if I was to point out an example of the most perfect looking female who takes your breath away it would be Iowa born blonde haired beauty Randi Oakes from Chips. And she was athletic to boot and had a winning and competitive personality. She went on to help out with hosting later on. Some women are almost too beautiful to describe and she fits that category.
https://img1.etsystatic.com/075/0/8529775/il_570xN.810585805_i9xf.jpg
I remember watching that as a kid. It was fun and I enjoyed it quite a bit. I'm surprised the original one aired up until 1988 (as I pretty much stopped watching network TV shows (outside of sports) after 1983). But, I guess that's about the time that PC culture started going into hyper-drive, so natural beauties with authentic, fun and feminine personalities like Randi Oakes had to start making way for the Rosie O'Donnell's of the world and who would want to watch that? Good lord, I can't imagine watching a modern version of it. I'll stick to the Youtube vids of the old ones.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
I remember watching that as a kid. It was fun and I enjoyed it quite a bit. I'm surprised the original one aired up until 1988 (as I pretty much stopped watching network TV shows (outside of sports) after 1983). But, I guess that's about the time that PC culture started going into hyper-drive, so natural beauties with authentic, fun and feminine personalities like Randi Oakes had to start making way for the Rosie O'Donnell's of the world and who would want to watch that? Good lord, I can't imagine watching a modern version of it. I'll stick to the Youtube vids of the old ones.

As a kid, I had a crush on Randi Oakes (along with Catherine Bach/"Daisy Duke, Cheryl Ladd & Lisa Whelchel from "Facts of Life"). ;)

Shadowlight

Master

Heretic

Master
Sounds like we have the same taste in women Dixie. I used to catch some beef because I thought Cheryl Ladd was hotter than Farrah Fawcett and Jaclyn Smith. And those two were top notch don't get me wrong but Cheryl Ladd was super duper hot. And talk about SCALDING hot Catherine Bach. Cosell couldn't contain himself when she was on. Can't say that I blame him.
http://dukesofhazzard.wikia.com/wiki/File:11.3-Daisy.jpg
http://seniorcitylocal.com/celebrating-seniors-cheryl-ladd-turns-65/
Ha! Yeah, Cheryl Ladd was a real beauty. Perfection. Sweet smile. She could also pull-off the "girl next door" look that Farrah Fawcett could not (which I liked). I had her kimono poster in my bedroom when I was a kid. My brother had the now classic Farrah Fawcett "nipple" poster in his. Ha!

Loved it when "The Six Million Dollar Man" (Lee Majors) married the lead girl of "Charlie's Angels" (Farrah Fawcett). I event bought the book of them together via the book club from my grade school. Wish I still had it. Wonderful times from a wonderful era.

iu

I loved the "Dukes of Hazard" as well and wished that I could get with "Daisy", all alone. Ha! Fun show, especially the first season when Bo and Luke were driving around the countryside in their General Lee Dodge Challenger bl0wing things up with their dynamite-attached arrows and then playing their Dixie-anthem horn! Ha! The PTB put the kabash on that after the first season because of new concerns about the "escalating violence" in prime time TV shows. Boss Hogg and Roscoe P. Coltrane were classic buffoonish nemesis'. I always laughed at Hogg's meals that could feed a small army!

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Think it was Chateau Heartiste that a year or so ago published a video from the late '60s of a group of White American girls on a dance show. They were so relaxed and their abundant natural beauty and sexiness shown from the inside out, in sharp contrast to what feminism and the decline of society has done to women since, with so much plastic beauty on the outside covering up the emptiness within.

The decline of femininity is tragic beyond words, the strongest and most successful weapon of the communist and globalist criminals and the one most responsible for finishing off the White race if we don't recover. However, I'm impressed and encouraged by the rise of the alt-right; it ain't over till it's over. The pushback is coming from a lot of directions now and is having an effect.