tarvarius

Kaptain

Master
How bout those fifty yards passing last night! That was Michael Vick like stats!

4 teams with playoff potential made a conscious choice this year to piss away their season rather than to commit the ultimate taboo of benching their black starting quarterback.

Team #1: Tennessee Titans

Some may say the Titans actually benched a bad white QB (collins) in favor of the next great black experiment (Vince Young) at QB. But we here at caste football know the reverse is what actually happened. The team has won 4 in a row and are now have a 7-7 record. Never mind that nearly ever victory was the frequent combination of great defense and almost non-existent production from the black QB. Regardless, 7-7 won't get them in. As we all know, the season was lost before it even started.

After a couple of years of pitiful production from McNair combined with glimpses of greatness from back-up Billy Volek, the Titans finally decided to let the shot-armed QB go. But, you see, black QB's are quarterbacks for life. Telling them when it's time to go is a caste system phoba. They answer to no master. The race-baiting had begun in Tennessee. The Titans found themselves in a precarious situation. What should they do with all this racial disrepect talk? Start the "white as can be" QB - Billy Volek? Nope. Can't happen. What would they do if they actually won a lot of games and Volek was a star? How could that be explained away? What would they do with the Vince Young: the next Michael Vick, or next Kordell, or next Duante - or whatever? A brother just cannot be fired and replaced by a white with another brother sitting behind him on the bench. Best to call the season off and call a temp service to get Collins off the couch. No question Volek was not going to be allowed to start because of his lack of pigmentation and that alone.

Where would Tennessee be now if they had some kind of production out of the QB position? 10-5? 11-4? Maybe.

Team #2: Short and sweet. Atlanta Falcons. The defense has carried them for years now. Even Atlanta fans are booing Vick off the field and calling for Schuab, who has rarely disappointed when given a chance. Just how long will the Michael Vick experiment last? He is approaching Kordell Stewart like project time. 7-7 is their record. I doubt they make it.

Team #3: The Miami Dolphins. They're 6-8 now. They practically forfieted their first four games by starting Duante Culpepper. Joey Harrington came in and nearly salvaged the season with great production and a 6-4 record. It will be interesting to see who they start next year. Despite Culpepper have three pathetic seasons in a row, many still consider him the starter for next season. Will Saban sacrifice another season in the name of caste correctness?

Team #4: A late entry: The Minnesota Vikings. Poor Viking fans. Just when they had finally purged themselves of the Duante Culpepper experiment - here comes Tarvarius. Yep, the same guy they drafted this spring whose name didn't appear on the top 100 list of draftable quarterbacks. Not too many real Vikings named Duante or Tarvarius.

At 6-7 the Vikings had a realistic chance of making the playoffs behind quarterback Brad Johnson. Johnson has been solid but unspectacular. Pretty much the same QB that won the super bowl with Tampa Bay. But with the greasy fingered recieving core in Minnesota, it's hard to be spectacular anyway. Troy Williamson - had 6 drops in one game - could that be right? Anyhow, as with any black QB a media blitz was slowly mounting for Tarvarius to be crowned the new king. In the second half of last weeks game, with the game in still in the balance, Brad Johnson was replaced by Tarvarius Jackson. Johnson had been very productive this year in the fourth quarter. But, with Tarvarius at the helm a comeback was impossible. They fell to 6-8.

Fast forward to last night. The Packers and Vikings were both 6-8 and still had playoffs hopes; as 8-8 might do the trick in the NFC. The Vikings had already called it a season a week ago though. Tarvarius started and ended up with a whooping 50 yards passing. The Packers won 9-7 and kept their playoff hopes alive. The Vikings offense scored exactly Zero points. The only points scored by the Vikings was by their defense on an interception return.

There it is. 4 teams that forfieted their season because they were either to scared too bench a black QB or too afraid to keep him on the bench. I think the competition committee should look into it. Has the NFL become an exhibition sport? It's not about winning anymore - that's for sure. Edited by: Kaptain Poop

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Nice post, Poop. Great summary of the situation.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
great work, Kaptain. keep it up.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Nicely done Kaptain. Couldn't agree more with your analysis.

GWTJ

Mentor
One of the Fantasy Football websites I look at had this article on Jackson. Poor guy, to be so talented and have such ineptitude around you.

This article looks to me like the harbinger of the future. With no black QB ever being blamed for anything. Anyway, here it is.

Jackson doesn't get much help in debut as Vikings QB

By JON KRAWCZYNSKI - AP Sports Writer

2006-12-22 18:33

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) -Tarvaris Jackson said he was surprised by how calm he felt before making his first career start on Thursday night.

Unfortunately for the Minnesota Vikings' new quarterback, his teammates and coaches looked like rookies in a 9-7 loss to the Green Bay Packers.

Jackson completed 10 of 20 passes for just 50 yards, no touchdowns and one interception on a soggy night at Lambeau Field. Much like his predecessor Brad Johnson, those numbers were skewed by dropped passes, penalties and questionable play-calling, all of which combined to spoil a memorable night.

``I know the numbers are what they are, but he had as good an eye coming to the sideline as anyone on that offensive football team,'' coach Brad Childress said Friday.

The Vikings (6-9) produced just three first downs and 104 yards of total offense against the Packers, with their lone score coming on an interception return by Fred Smoot.

While Johnson, who was booed off the field in the third quarter of last week's loss to the Jets, has received much of the blame for the unit's season of struggles, the home fans may have a new target when the Vikings finish the season on Dec. 31 against St. Louis.

Considered an offensive guru when he was hired away from Philadelphia, Childress' offense has failed to generate the big plays Vikings fans are used to seeing. All too often, the quarterbacks are throwing passes to receivers well short of the first down marker.

The results on Thursday night were the worst of the season - nine three-and-outs in 12 possessions.

``Obviously it wasn't good enough,'' Childress said. ``That's our offense, that's my offense, and I take it personally when it doesn't go as it is supposed to go.''

It rarely has gone well in Childress' first season, and the coach said Friday that fans can expect changes to the personnel before next season. He also said it has been an adjustment going from sitting in the booth as offensive coordinator with the Eagles to being on the field and overseeing every aspect of the game, in addition to calling plays, with the Vikings.

``I know it's a (high-powered) offense when it is executed properly and it's been done with all different levels of people and personnel, but I'm not shaken,'' Childress said. ``It's a system. It's a multiple system that you can run it just as easily as you can throw it, and we need to become better at it. That's my job.''

Whether Jackson succeeds in this offense may ultimately decide Childress' fate in Minnesota. The Vikings traded up into the second round to take Jackson, a raw talent out of Division I-AA Alabama State, who Childress said would blossom once he got some coaching.

Johnson, in his first public comments since losing his job to the rookie, said he was impressed by Jackson's poise under the bright lights.

``I thought under those circumstances, playing at Lambeau, national TV game, conditions, I thought he handled things well,'' Johnson said. ``Just the preparation of the week and you go through your bumps and bruises and you learn from them. But I thought composure-wise I thought he handled things well. It's a total team game, good and bad.''

How well Jackson plays in the season finale against the Rams could have a substantial influence on what the Vikings do at quarterback next year. Johnson almost certainly won't be back, and Childress will have to decide if he can trust Jackson with the No. 1 job.

Jackson knows he's auditioning for next year.

``To get these games under my belt, to see what it's exactly like, let coaches see what I'm like during the game, and let my teammates see, it's very important going into the offseason to see the things we need to work on and improve on,'' he said.

Bart

Hall of Famer
What a joke of an article. Everybody in the stadium was at fault except for Tarvirus.

Kaptain

Master
Just noticed that the Miami Dolphins are indeed looking to groom Duante for the starting spot next year. Harrington has played outstanding most of the season, but his team has quit the last couple of weeks. Now Saban has benched Harrington at halftime in favor of Cleo Lemon. No question Cleo is not being groomed for next year as everyone knows he has absolutely no hope of ever developing into a starting QB. The reason for the move is to preemptively end all QB controversy talk for next season by benching Harrington the first time he has any trouble. Caste mission accomplished.

hedgehog

Mentor
Another sports writer has a homo-erotic experience. This topic is getting frequent enough to be its own thread. (written in July 06)

By Jim Souhan, Star Tribune

Montgomery, Ala. -- Coaches say rookies should be sponges, the better to absorb information, but at the moment Tarvaris Jackson looks more like a wet towel. It's 98 degrees in the only patch of shade near Lanier High's football field, and the sweat pooling on Jackson's cantaloupe shoulders is threatening to form its own ecosystem. In the Deep South, it's not the heat, it's not the humidity -- it's the spontaneous combustion that gets you. As you swelter, you imagine trees bursting into flame and clocks melting as in a Dali landscape, yet there is Jackson, the Vikings' rookie quarterback, voluntarily running sprints, pulling a weighted sled and -- get this -- wearing long, black athletic leggings while the rest of the citizenry sips sweet tea and seeks shelter.

http://www.startribune.com/510/story/567590.html

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
G O O D LORD! What is with these writers? Wannabe novelists stuck writing sports articles for dinky metro newspapers? And just wtf are cantaloupe shoulders anyway? Does that mean his shoulders are yellow and covered with rough ridges? I wonder just how long the guy sat around trying to pick out the right food..

"Melon shoulders... no, no that's racist! Um.. honeydew shoulders... grapefruit shoulders... muskmelon.. no that seems like an insult, like he stinks... cantaloupe shoulders... Yes! That's it, cantaloupe shoulders! I'm gonna win the Pulitzer one of these days!" [claps hands and giggles]

And who talks about football and a 'Dali landscape' in the same article? That's a clue right there that boy ain't right. Edited by: White Shogun

Hockaday

Guru
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
You funny Shogun
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif