Straight gal benched for not being gay

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
this country has truly become Rome in its latest days...
smiley5.gif
smiley7.gif

'Hetero' girl benched 'for not being lesbian' (the link contains a pic of the good looking ball player, and the bull dyke coach)
'Hetero' gal benched 'for not being lesbian'
Star basketball player says female coach wrongly revoked scholarship
By Joe Kovacs
© 2009 WorldNetDaily

A former star basketball player is now suing Central Michigan University, claiming the school's basketball coach benched her and revoked her scholarship because she wore too much make-up and was not a lesbian.

Brooke Heike has filed a federal lawsuit against the college and its women's basketball coach, Sue Guevara, alleging discrimination by Guevara caused her emotional distress, physical injury and eventual loss of her athletic scholarship.

According to the Detroit News, Heike claims, "Throughout the 2007-08 season, defendant Guevara continued to subject plaintiff to unwelcome harassment and discrimination because of plaintiff's heterosexual preference and refusal to abandon her heterosexual preference and adopt a homosexual preference."

The paper says Heike, a 6-foot-2 forward, helped take Romeo High School to its league championship in her senior year after joining a team that went 1-17 when she was a freshman. She was named most valuable player and was recruited by the University of Michigan and other schools before accepting a scholarship from CMU.

The lawsuit claims that while Guevara was head coach at U-M, certain players who left the team cited Guevara's invasion of their personal lives, "such as being upset because they wore make-up or tight clothing or otherwise acted in a feminine way."

"CMU is familiar with the allegations, which are being made without merit," university spokesman Steve Smith told the Detroit News. "CMU will vigorously defend its position in court."

According to the Associated Press, Coach Guevara told an appeals committee last June, "I didn't feel that she (Heike) did anything to improve herself after being told over and over what she needed to do."

Heike reportedly played in 11 games as a freshman but only six in her sophomore season under Guevara.

The lawsuit claims that while Guevara was head coach at U-M, certain players who left the team cited Guevara's invasion of their personal lives, "such as being upset because they wore make-up or tight clothing or otherwise acted in a feminine way."

"CMU is familiar with the allegations, which are being made without merit," university spokesman Steve Smith told the Detroit News. "CMU will vigorously defend its position in court."

According to the Associated Press, Coach Guevara told an appeals committee last June, "I didn't feel that she (Heike) did anything to improve herself after being told over and over what she needed to do."

Heike reportedly played in 11 games as a freshman but only six in her sophomore season under Guevara.

"I had faith in CMU. I liked CMU. I wanted to give it everything I could," Heike told Guevara during the meeting on her appeal. "I wasn't going to give up. You gave up on me."

Heike has been attending community college since leaving campus, her lawyer, Cindy Rhodes Victor, told AP.

"She was so traumatized by the experience," Victor said.

At first I thought this article came out nearly two months too soon but I'm not surprised that a scenario like this ensued. Women's basketball, like softball, will always be a dike's game.

Steve Smith. Hmmmm; I wonder if this is the same Steve Smith who quarterbacked the Wolverines from 1981-83.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Alotta carpet munchers in volleyball as well. The thinks that irks me is...if a straight (especially White male) coach benched a player for being a sodomite, this would be page 1 via the "mainstream" media & the coach would be railroaded to the n'th degree!
smiley7.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
DixieDestroyer said:
Alotta carpet munchers in volleyball as well. The thinks that irks me is...if a straight (especially White male) coach benched a player for being a sodomite, this would be page 1 via the "mainstream" media & the coach would be railroaded to the n'th degree!
smiley7.gif

That's exactly what happened to Rene Portland of Penn State:

[url]http://www.castefootball.us/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3004&a mp;PN=7[/url]

This coach is a disgrace to her profession. She should be fired. Her job is to win games not cuddle with her players. If she needs a bedmate, you to a dyke bar.

I know personally two girls who played for Guevara -- and then quit -- at U-of-M under similar circumstances. They didn't go public, you'd be lynched in Ann Arbor.

Lesbian hazing is rampant in many women's college athletic programs, and I've seen it kill dreams of many good kids not just at U-M, but all over the country, in all sports.

As an aside, when Nancy Lieberman was coaching the Shock, she benched the one-time face of the franchise, Korie Hlede, for a not-so-talented point guard. Well, not so talented on the court, at least -- she was living with Coach Lieberman at the time, not so coincidentally.

foreverfree

Mentor
DixieDestroyer said:
Alotta carpet munchers in volleyball as well.
smiley7.gif

Hardwood volleyball, beach volleyball, or both?

Also, why are lesbos called "carpet munchers"? I've never gotten the connection.

JohnEdited by: foreverfree

foreverfree said:
Hardwood volleyball, beach volleyball, or both?

Also, why are lesbos called "carpet munchers"? I've never gotten the connection.

John

forevertree, I think he meant more in the case of indoor vollyball, but I don't believe it's as rampant as girls basketball or softball.

Explaining "carpet muncher" would probably be a bit too graphic to explain here.

I'll give you the link to the Urban Dictionary definition. WARNING: Don't click the link if you are offended by written words describing potentially offensive things!

[url]http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=carpet+munche r[/url]