Steve Molitor

Westside

Hall of Famer
This Friday is a good fight between 122 pounders, Steve Molitor who is a Canadian White vs Celestino Caballero, the estblished star at this weight. He is blk/hispanic mix.

Some are say it should be a lower weight Leonard vs Hearns showdown.Showtime will televise it. If Molitor can win, he will estblish a foothold for white fighters below the middleweight along with Ricky Hatton. We'll see.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Molitor's very underrated and is often lost in the mix at 122. Barring a lucky punch by Caballero I fully expect Molitor to win and become a unified champ.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Will this fight be televised? I normally hate watching fights with guys this light but would like to see this fight.

Blue Devils

Mentor
whiteathlete33 said:
Will this fight be televised? I normally hate watching fights with guys this light but would like to see this fight.
This Friday on Shobox I believe.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
It would be nice to see Molitor unify the two titles - he just needs to be careful not to get caught with a direct punch.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Blue Devils said:
Molitor's very underrated and is often lost in the mix at 122. Barring a lucky punch by Caballero I fully expect Molitor to win and become a unified champ.
Don't know if I overrated Molitor or underrated Caballero either way Molitor was stopped in the 4th
smiley5.gif
Edited by: Blue Devils

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Molitor couldn't deal with Caballero's long reach and awkward style.

Steve likes to fight on the outside using his slick southpaw speed and skills, hitting without being hit back. But he's not a tough Ricky Hatton type who deals with long-armed opponents by rough inside fighting.

This was a bad match-up for Molitor. Someone who's more of a tough guy than a boxer, like Israel Vasquez, would have a better chance against the freakishly long, tall Caballero.

Maple Leaf

Mentor
JD1986 said:
Molitor couldn't deal with Caballero's long reach and awkward style.

Steve likes to fight on the outside using his slick southpaw speed and skills, hitting without being hit back. But he's not a tough Ricky Hatton type who deals with long-armed opponents by rough inside fighting.

This was a bad match-up for Molitor. Someone who's more of a tough guy than a boxer, like Israel Vasquez, would have a better chance against the freakishly long, tall Caballero.

I did not get a chance to watch this fight but your analysis sounds pretty good. I do not think Molitor has ever had to fight an inside fight so I wonder why he was matched up with Caballero?

white is right

Hall of Famer
I saw this fight live and his style isn't suited for an aggressive JC Chavez style of fighting. He doesn't hit hard enough for that style. I wonder if he had a cold or was drawn from making weight. As his corner told he was tight/flat after the first round. The funniest thing about the fight was seeing Roberto Duran wobble around the ring and look like a Saturday morning cartoon character...
smiley36.gif
Edited by: white is right

Blue Devils

Mentor
Steve will face South African Takalani Ndlovu 30-5(18) this Saturday for the vacant IBF Super Bantamweight title. Molitor stopped Ndlovu in 2007.