Steve Jobs Dead at 56

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Whats amazing about Steve Jobs was that he was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer 7 years ago. 96 % of people usually die of it one year after diagnosis. I have a lot of respect for that but this is the guy who came up with the idea for the iphone where millions of people walk around like zombies glued to their phone in ignorant bliss of other people around them.

Hey Football Dad. You should personally apologize to Michael Oher. He is clearly one of top 8 or 900 best tackles in the league.:biggrin:

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Here is Ron Paul's article on the passing of Jobs:

Steve Jobs: American Hero

It should not be of surprise to many that beginning a career as a political pundit and columnist is not immediately lucrative. A few years ago, one of my side jobs to supplement my income was to give reviews of local bars around my hometown of Charleston, South Carolina for the local newspaper. Many complained that I never wrote anything negative about these various watering holes. This was true.
As the son of an entrepreneur who built his business from scratch, I simply did not have it in me to harm these small business owners in any way. If I went to a rotten bar, I simply didn’t write about it. I’ve always respected and admired those with the guts and determination to strike out on their own and make their own destiny. I’ve also seen firsthand the risk involved in starting one’s own business, with many losing their life’s savings to pursue their dreams.
Partly because of my father, and because it is objectively true—I have always considered those who dare to market themselves, their products and their ideas champions of American freedom. They really are heroes.
The late Steve Jobs was an American hero. He might not get much right, but perhaps President Obama put Jobs’ legacy into perspective best: “The world has lost a visionary. And there may be no greater tribute to Steve’s success than the fact that much of the world learned of his passing on a device he invented.”
The Apple mastermind revolutionized millions of people’s daily lives in so many countless ways, that it really is mind boggling to try to comprehend and appreciate his monumental accomplishments.
I know the kindest and most flattering compliment someone can pay me is that my writing changed their mind about something. Well, Steve Jobs changed the world—and it is a better world for it.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Jobs had a huge impact on all generations, in particular the younger genereation. Nearly every kid has an Ipod or Iphone. Yesterday on my Facebook there were 32 Steve Jobs related posts.. RIP Steve Jobs.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Of course, no one would expect a super-genius like Michael "Blindside" Oher to know who Steve Jobs was:

michael_oher_was_unaware_of_who_this_steve_jobs_fellow_was.png

via Twitter for iPhone! Hilarious but not surprising! :biggrin: I'm sure "loyal" New Miss Conformist fans will find some way to excuse this blatant show of ignorance by their superhero/living legend. It has to be the White man's fault that Oher isn't culturally aware of someone like Jobs. Yeah, it must be the White family who took him in who failed him in this case. Hey Tuohy, you are the one to blame!

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Someone should tell Oher, Jobs was the guy who created the software the ghost writer used to write your autobiography.

Highlander

Mentor