Star Trek actor gets married!

white is right

Hall of Famer
I guess this puts a new twist on"Boldly going where no man has gone before"
smiley11.gif
Here is the wire story..."Star Trek" actor Takei marries boyfriend in L.A.

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Former "Star Trek" crew member George Takei married his longtime boyfriend on Sunday in a Los Angeles ceremony that paid homage to the actor's Japanese heritage.

Takei, 71, tied the knot with his business manager, Brad Altman, 54, as some of his "Star Trek" castmates looked on, including best man Walter Koenig ("Chekhov") and matron of honor Nichelle Nichols ("Uhura"). Takei played Mr. Sulu in the 1960s sci-fi series and in subsequent movies.

Nearly 200 people attended the Buddhist ceremony at the Japanese American National Museum in downtown Los Angeles. The couple wore matching tuxedos -- white jackets and shirts, with black trousers and bow ties.

The event came three months after California followed Massachusetts' lead and allowed same-sex weddings. Last month, comedian Ellen DeGeneres married Australian actress Portia de Rossi in Beverly Hills.

Takei, who was interned along with his family and 120,000 other Japanese-Americans during World War Two, is a longtime human rights activist. After the California Supreme Court struck down a ban on same-sex marriage in May, Takei and Altman were among the first gay couples to get a marriage license. They have been together more than 21 years.

(Reporting by Dean Goodman; Editing by Peter Cooney)

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Takei

"In October 2005, Takei revealed in an issue of Frontiers magazine that he is gay and has been in a committed relationship with his partner, Brad Altman, for the last eighteen years. He said, "It's not really coming out, which suggests opening a door and stepping through. It's more like a long, long walk through what began as a narrow corridor that starts to widen."

Keep widening your frontiers, George!
smiley36.gif

guest301

Hall of Famer
What a Qoute! You couldn't have had a easier set up line, Van Slyke.
smiley36.gif

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I liked the Sulu chararcter he played in the original Star Trek. He wrote an autobiography a few years ago that I read and he never mentioned one date or relationship with a woman in it. I realized he was gay then but am surprised he didn't say one word about it in the story of his life.

Now whenever I see him or hear him talk he speaks in the exagerated lisp common of flaming homosexuals. Why didn't Sulu speak like that? If it was so easy for him to talk like an average person why has he chosen to adapt obvious gay speech patterns? The whole thing is sickening and I wish Capt. Kirk would kick his ass!!!

guest301

Hall of Famer
Captain Kirk would have left a out of the closet Sulu on that desolate planet he left Khan on. Khan was a real manly man, Sulu wouldn't have lasted a week.
smiley2.gif

white is right

Hall of Famer
jaxvid said:
I liked the Sulu chararcter he played in the original Star Trek. He wrote an autobiography a few years ago that I read and he never mentioned one date or relationship with a woman in it. I realized he was gay then but am surprised he didn't say one word about it in the story of his life.

Now whenever I see him or hear him talk he speaks in the exagerated lisp common of flaming homosexuals. Why didn't Sulu speak like that? If it was so easy for him to talk like an average person why has he chosen to adapt obvious gay speech patterns? The whole thing is sickening and I wish Capt. Kirk would kick his ass!!!
I blame his overt queerness on a space fever he picked up on the planet Uranus....
smiley2.gif
Edited by: white is right

Kaptain

Master
white is right said:
jaxvid said:

I blame his overt queerness on a space fever he picked up on the planet Uranus....
smiley2.gif

Is that the episode where they visit the brown star?

there is one scene in the original series where Sulu puts his arm around a guy and says."Lets go down to the gym wher we can have some fun!" Now that he is out of the closet, that has a whole different meaning.