are possibly looking to make Kevin Curtis the number 1
or 2 receiver.Mike Furrey was just signed to a extension
and will be back for 2005.Mike is expected to play alot
more at receiver and returning kicks.He is a speed
burner just like Curtis.They have Archeletta on defense
who is as exciting as any guy in the league.Now they
have resigned a white running back by the name of Dusty
McGrorty who is a college record breaker.With Marshall
Faulk being really old,who knows what may happen soon.
Here is a link about McGrorty.Go Rams!

http://www.mcgrorty.com/dusty_mcgrorty_sou.htm

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Rams may part ways with Isaac Bruce and Marshall Faulk, but their biggest concern is on defense. They were one of many NFL teams last season with an atrocious defense, one of those ones where most of the starters had little interest in making tackles. Other than Archeluta the starters were usually all black, which is unusual for the Rams under Mike Martz. We'll have to see how they go about strengthening their defense, whether there'll be at least a small infusion of "overachieving" whites or whether they stick with the almost all-black route.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Your right about their defense being horrible.They need
some linebackers like Urlacher,Brushci,& Morgan.They did
try to get Sehorn a year ago but he failed his physical.
That was suprising as Jason is a workout fanatic.Faulk
has already been demoted to 2nd string at running back.
I think Bruce is gone for financial reasons.If nothing
else,they will be fun to watch as they can score points
like the Colts.Kevin Curtis needs to go over 1000 yards
this season.

G

This site is crazy! I thought I was the only one that noticed how certain teams seemed to have pretty even, meritocratic systems, and others were seemingly downright Afrocentric...

IMO, STL will continue to be "just good"until they solve their defensive problems...I see they've signed over-acheiving Dexter COAKLEY and the ho-hum Chris CLAIBORNE...this does not bode well for the NFL's only Indian player, Brandon Chillar...hey what ever happened to Jeremy LLOYD, anyway? The D-line has sorely missed the energy that WISTROM brought to the field on every play.ARCHULETA will continue tear up at SS; I'd like to see him haul in some more balls, though, he's had a tendency to be a bit of a stone-hand with the INTs. The very heady Rich COADY will continue to experience the snub at safety, what with ARCHULETA already in there (seemingly only one non-black starter @ DB permitted in the NFL...remember when BUF had Kurt SCHULZ and Matt STEVENS in the same defensive backfield; of course they had to break that up and sent the extremely athletically gifted STEVENS, who played CB at Appalachian State [small school, naturally] to WAS.)...COADY's not super athletic anyway, but he's as smart as they come, and will always see action in critical plays where Martz's defense needs cool heads on goal-line stands...I like the way his profile on the Rams' official site says "Versatile safety with ability to play both strong and free safety spots..."...this is basically double-speak for "has an IQ over 90, watches alot of game film, and actually studies playbooks instead of waiting for the SS/MLB to tell him what to do..."

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Coady signed with Atlanta today. The Falcons already have a white safety, Kevin McCadamout ofVirginia Tech, who will be going into his fourth season in the NFL. He plays some in nickel situations, and of course on special teams. With two white safeties on the same team, it is now a near certainty that either Coady or McCadam won't make the Falcons' regular season roster for '05, with McCadam the more likely to be sacrificed to the caste system.

G

I've noticed that MORA's got a real grudge against MCCADAM for some reason....he seems to be a little dense upstairs, from what I've seen; makes mistakes in his angles and positioning...

It seems like some players are permitted to have lower-than-average intelligence, as long as they make up for this in other areas, but when a stud like MCCADAM (who's probably second only to ARCHULETA in terms of pure athleticism among non-black players [i'd put both these guys ahead of POLAMALU, although only just barely] at the safety spot) shows that he'll take a little longer to pick up NFL fundamentals, the powers-that-be become impatient fast.

I'd have to agree that COADY will likely stick in ATL...COADY's among the most fundamentally sound and smart Safeties in the NFL today...he'll have the falcons' defensive playbook memorized inside-out before the start of camp...MCCADAM will likely get the bounce by the end of camp...maybe he'll step up and prove himself valuable to some other needy team.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
The Rams signed Wes Welker. Smart move by the Rams. They desperately need offensive help.

Now Nick Foles has a good target to pass to.

PHillisFan

Master
It's about time some team came to their senses. Welker is an upgrade to their receiving core without a doubt. Right now Gurley is 90% of their offense.
Teams will start stacking the box soon and Foles needs guys who can get open and make plays. $hithawlks are right on their trail in the division.