Spitzer caught with his pants down!

white is right

Hall of Famer
Well the NY governor is obviously for the legalization of prostitution....
smiley36.gif
smiley2.gif
Here is the NY Times story...LBANY  Gov. Eliot Spitzer was a client of a high-end prostitution ring broken up last week by federal authorities, according to law enforcement officials, a development that threatened to end his career and turned the state's political world upside down.
Skip to next paragraph
Multimedia
Milestones in an Ambitious CareerInteractive Feature
Milestones in an Ambitious Career
Related
Spitzer Allegations Send Wave of Shock (March 11, 2008)
Affidavit: Client 9 and Room 871 (March 11, 2008)
Back Story With The Times's Sewell Chan (mp3)
Text: Complaint | Press Release
4 Charged With Running Online Prostitution Ring (March 7)
Comment Post a Comment: What Is the Fallout for Spitzer?
Blogrunner: Reactions From Around the Web

Mr. Spitzer's involvement with the prostitution operation came to light in court papers filed last week, the officials said, as federal prosecutors charged four people with operating the service, Emperor's Club V.I.P. Mr. Spitzer was caught on a federal wiretap discussing payments and arranging to meet a prostitute in a Washington hotel room last month. The affidavit, which did not identify Mr. Spitzer by name, indicated that he had used the prostitution service before, although it was not clear how often.

Mr. Spitzer, 48, appeared briefly with his wife at his Manhattan office to apologize, but did not specifically address any involvement with the ring. He said he needed to repair his relationship with his family and decide what was best for the state, but he declined to take questions, leaving after barely a minute.

"I have acted in a way that violates my obligations to my family and violates my, or any, sense of right and wrong," the governor said. "I apologize first and most importantly to my family. I apologize to the public to whom I promised better."

"I have disappointed and failed to live up to the standard I expected of myself. I must now dedicate some time to regain the trust of my family."

The governor, a Democrat in his first term, then returned to his Fifth Avenue apartment and remained there on Monday night, receiving counsel from his advisers and weighing a possible resignation, an aide said.

The New York Times began investigating Mr. Spitzer's possible involvement with a prostitution ring on Friday, the day after the prosecutors arrested the four people on charges of helping run the Emperor's Club. After inquiries from The Times over the weekend and on Monday, the governor canceled his public schedule. An hour after The Times published a report on its Web site saying Mr. Spitzer had been linked to the ring, the governor made his statement.

The news was met with disbelief and shock in Albany, a capital accustomed to scandal. Some legislative assistants said they were too stunned to speak, and lawmakers gathered around television sets in hushed offices, trying to make sense of what had happened.

"We're at a total standstill," said Keith L. T. Wright, a Democratic assemblyman from Harlem. "Everybody is stunned. Everybody is absolutely stunned."

Mr. Spitzer has not been charged with a crime. But one law enforcement official who has been briefed on the case said that Mr. Spitzer's lawyers would probably meet soon with federal prosecutors to discuss any possible legal exposure. The official said the discussions were likely to focus not on prostitution, but on how it was paid for: Whether the payments from Mr. Spitzer to the service were made in a way to conceal their purpose and source. That could amount to a crime called structuring, which carries a penalty of up to five years in prison.

Yusill Scribner, a spokeswoman for the United States attorney's office in Manhattan, declined to comment.

If Mr. Spitzer were to resign, Lt. Gov. David A. Paterson would serve out the remainder of his term. Mr. Paterson, who is legally blind, would become the first black governor of New York. State Senator Joseph L. Bruno, the state's top Republican, would assume the duties of the lieutenant governor.

By 10:30 on Monday morning, it was clear in Albany that something was wrong. Mr. Spitzer's office abruptly canceled a speech to a family planning conference, about a half-hour before he was scheduled to ascend the podium. The governor also canceled a private meeting with Cardinal Edward M. Egan, at first sending word that Mr. Paterson would stand in for him, and then abandoning the session altogether.

The governor learned that he had been implicated in the prostitution inquiry when a federal official contacted his office on Friday, according to the person briefed on the case. On Saturday night, he attended the Gridiron Club annual dinner, a political roast put on by Washington journalists, and appeared ebullient, according to people in attendance.

The governor informed his top aides on Sunday night and Monday morning of his involvement.

Mr. Spitzer's family and his top assistants debated Monday morning at Mr. Spitzer's apartment about whether he should step down, a person who spoke to the governor said. Silda Wall Spitzer, who was among them, told her husband that he should not resign in haste; as did Lloyd Constantine, a senior adviser and a longtime friend of the governor. But most of his others saw no way for him to survive.

Dietrich L. Snell, a lawyer who has represented Mr. Spitzer in the past, did not return telephone and e-mail messages Monday.

According to prosecutors, the Emperor's Club provided women to clients in London, Paris, Miami and other cities, and charged them between $1,000 and $5,500 an hour.The affidavit details a Feb. 13 encounter between a prostitute named Kristen and a man described as "Client 9," whom law enforcement officials identified as Mr. Spitzer. Mr. Spitzer traveled to Washington that evening, according to a person told of his travel arrangements, and stayed at the Mayflower Hotel.
Skip to next paragraph
Multimedia
Milestones in an Ambitious CareerInteractive Feature
Milestones in an Ambitious Career
Related
Spitzer Allegations Send Wave of Shock (March 11, 2008)
Affidavit: Client 9 and Room 871 (March 11, 2008)
Back Story With The Times's Sewell Chan (mp3)
4 Charged With Running Online Prostitution Ring (March 7)
Comment Post a Comment: What Is the Fallout for Spitzer?
Blogrunner: Reactions From Around the Web

He testified before Congress about the bond insurance crisis the following morning. Among the open questions is where Mr. Spitzer's security detail was while the prostitute was inside the hotel.

The affidavit says that he met with the woman in Room 871 but does not identify the hotel. Room 871 at the Mayflower that evening was registered under the name George Fox.

One of the law enforcement officials said that several people running the prostitution ring knew Mr. Spitzer by the name of George Fox, though a few of the prostitutes came to realize he was the governor of New York.

Mr. Fox is a friend and a donor to Mr. Spitzer. Asked in a telephone interview on Monday whether he accompanied Mr. Spitzer to Washington on Feb. 13 and 14, Mr. Fox responded: "Why would you think that? I did not."

Told that Room 871 at the Mayflower Hotel had been registered in Mr. Fox's name with Mr. Spitzer's Fifth Avenue address, Mr. Fox said, "That is the first I have heard of it. Until I speak to the governor further, I have no comment."

In a wiretapped conversation after the encounter, the prostitute, Kristen, called her booker to inform her that the session had gone well, and that she did not find the client "difficult," as other prostitutes apparently had, according to the affidavit.

The booker responds that he, in an apparent reference to Client 9, sometimes asks the women "to do things that, like, you might not think were safe."

Mr. Spitzer called Sheldon Silver, the Assembly speaker, on Monday afternoon after his statement, but his aides did not share details of the conversation. Mr. Paterson was said to be keeping a low profile, awaiting the governor's decision.

About 6 p.m., Richard Baum, the governor's top aide, met with Mr. Spitzer's staff but made no mention of a resignation and urged his colleagues to keep their heads down and continue as best they could with the day-to-day work of state government.

Albany for months has been roiled by bitter fighting and accusations of dirty tricks. The Albany County district attorney is set to issue the results of his investigation into Mr. Spitzer's first scandal, his aides' involvement in an effort to tarnish Mr. Bruno.

Mr. Spitzer was elected in a landslide in 2006, capitalizing on his popularity he won as the "Sheriff of Wall Street" during eight years as attorney general. With a reputation for personal probity and independence, he pledged to bring higher ethical standards to the statehouse.

After promising change in Albany from "Day 1," Mr. Spitzer was quickly plunged into political turmoil, and much of his legislative agenda was sidelined. He gained a reputation for being intemperate and alienated even some members of his own party.

In recent weeks, however, Mr. Spitzer seemed to have rebounded, with his party poised to perhaps gain control of the state Senate for the first time in four decades.

The revelation about Emperor's Club and the attendant disruption in Albany comes at a particularly bad time: The state faces a $4.4 billion deficit and is weeks away from its deadline to complete a new budget.

"Every year you say you've seen it all, but you haven't," said Matthew Mataraso, a lobbyist who started his career at the Capitol in 1962 as a lawyer for a Republican assemblyman. "It's a shame. It's awful. This is why people lose faith in government. But I guess it shows that he's human like everybody else."

Anthony Casale, a lobbyist and a former assemblyman who came to the Capitol on Monday for the scheduled Assembly session, was in disbelief. "Literally, if ever a situation finds anybody in politics speechless, it's something like this," he said.

Republicans were quick to pounce, with the state party and a top lawmaker calling for him to resign.

"The governor who was going to bring ethics back to New York State, if he was involved in something like this," said James N. Tedisco, the Republican minority leader of the Assembly, "he's got to leave. I don't think there's any question about that."

Mr. Bruno said, "I think it's very, very unfortunate and I feel very badly for the governor's wife, for his children." He added, "The important thing for the people of New York State is that people in office do the right thing," he added.

Mr. Spitzer's fellow Democrats were muted in their response.

Mr. Silver, the Assembly speaker, issued a terse two-sentence statement: "The allegations against the Governor are before the public. I have nothing to add at this time."

When he was attorney general, Mr. Spitzer's signature issue was pursuing Wall Street misdeeds. But he also oversaw the prosecution of at least two prostitution rings by the state's organized crime task force, which reports to the attorney general.

In one such case in 2004, Mr. Spitzer spoke with revulsion and anger after announcing the arrest of 16 people for operating a high-end prostitution ring out of Staten Island.

"This was a sophisticated and lucrative operation with a multitiered management structure," Mr. Spitzer said at the time. "It was, however, nothing more than a prostitution ring."
« Danny Hakim reported from Albany and William K. Rashbaum from New York City..... I guess the prostitution ring didn't give the governor a freebie....
smiley2.gif
smiley5.gif

Menelik

Mentor

white is right

Hall of Famer
Well Spitzer resigned today. Does anybody think the Lt. Governor needed the next few days to get his mistress to call the right number? After all Mr Magoo now has a new extension...
smiley2.gif
smiley5.gif
Edited by: white is right

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Funny how little the media and democrat leaders aren't criticizing him for this immoral act. If he was a republican, he'd be the hypocrite of the year. In many ways though, the democrats are also hypocrites. Some of the language being thrown around by democrats about Obama this year illustrates that.

Tom Iron

Mentor
The difference between Eliot Spitzer and a NJ politician is that Spitzer paid for the prostitutes out of his own pocket and a NJ politician would have stolen the taxpayers money to pay.

Tom Iron...

white is right

Hall of Famer
The co star of this Greek tragedy is now known. How long until Mr. Guccione or Flynt make a 6 figure offer for her to pose for their publications....
smiley11.gif
Here is the AP story...NEW YORK - New details emerged Wednesday about the call girl at the center of the prostitution scandal engulfing New York's governor, with a newspaper report identifying her as a 22-year-old aspiring musician from Manhattan.

The New York Times reported that the real name of the prostitute â€â€￾ identified as "Kristen" in court papers alleging that Gov. Eliot Spitzer paid more than $4,000 for her services â€â€￾ is Ashley Alexandra Dupre.

Don D. Buchwald, a New York lawyer, confirmed that he represents Ashley Alexandra Dupre, the same woman in the Times story. "That's as far as I can go," he said.
Story continues below ↓advertisement

A man who answered the phone at the home of the woman's mother in New Jersey and identified himself as Dupre's brother, Kyle, told the AP he did not know why Dupre would agree to be interviewed about the scandal.

"I've talked to my sister every five minutes since this happened, and I'm not going to comment on it," he said. "She's just trying to get through this."

Her MySpace world
Dupre's MySpace pages provided a window into her life as she went from a broken home in New Jersey to a music career in the city.

In an Aug. 30 blog posting on MySpace, she wrote: "The past few months have been a roller coaster with so called friends, lovers, and family ... but its something you have to deal with and confront in order to move on ..."

"What destroys me, strengthens me" is the slogan next to a Dupre photograph. The photos showed her at various places, including in a bikini on a boat in a tropical locale. The number of hits to the page soared by the thousands after the story broke.

Dupre described her favorite musical artists as Etta James, Aretha Franklin, Celine Dion, Christina Aguilera and Frank Sinatra, among many others.

Image: Ashley Alexandra Dupré
MySpace.com
Ashley Alexandra Dupré photo from MySpace.com
Her Web site boasted a recording of a song, "What We Want." "I know what you want, you got what I want. I know what you need. Can you handle me?" she sang.

She briefly spoke to the Times about the Spitzer scandal. Law enforcement officials identified the governor as a "Client 9" who had a Feb. 13 tryst with "Kristen" and paid her $4,300, according to court papers.

'It's complicated'
"I just don't want to be thought of as a monster," Dupre told the Times. "This has been a very difficult time. It's complicated."

She told the newspaper she had slept very little since the allegations against Spitzer were revealed.

Dupre told the Times she worried about paying her rent in a ninth-floor Manhattan apartment after her boyfriend recently left her. She said she was considering moving back in with her family in New Jersey.

She declined to comment when asked by the Times when she first met Spitzer and how many times they had been together.

Dupre apparently appeared in federal court Monday as a witness in the case against four people accused of operating the Emperors Club VIP prostitution ring.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press.

Tom Iron

Mentor
I just knew there was a Jersey connection in this idiotic mess. I just didn't know what it was. Now I know. It's the girl. Should've known.

Tom Iron...

whiteCB

Master
I mean sex is legal and selling is legal. So why isn't selling sex legal? I just never got that. I think Holland has the best approach to this kind of thing. I don't know maybe I'm wrong. I just see this type of thing(same with drug use) as a victim less crime. Actually I shouldn't say victim less because this hurts the wife more than anything.Edited by: whiteCB

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Have you seen the girl? Very hot! It should be a crime NOT to have sex with her if you've got the money.
smiley36.gif

white is right

Hall of Famer
I'm all for starting the Weathermen II so that all Caste Football members can have a run at the Emperors Club II. Who wants to be the wheel man for our Chase Manhattan robbery.....
smiley36.gif

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Practically speaking, since everything Spitzer has is the result of his bilking of the tax payers I would rather have my tax money going for this, then affirmative action, welfare, or Israel!

0312084kristen9.jpg

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
DixieDestroyer said:
Interesting take on this story from paleo-Conservative/Constitutionalist Baptist pastor Dr.Chuck Baldwin...

http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin435.htm

Excellent article, I hope everyone here takes the time to read. Here are a few quotes:

Mark it down, folks: you and I are constantly being watched, listened to, monitored, taped, and stalked by our own government. So, do any of us really believe that we still live in a free country?....

...But since when did patriotism come to mean the acceptance of a total surveillance society? When did patriotism come to mean the love of Big Government or infatuation with Big Brother? When did patriotism come to mean the sacrifice of liberty in the name of security? When did patriotism come to mean the surrender of constitutional government and personal freedoms? When did patriotism come to mean submission to tyrannical bureaucracies?...

...What does sadden me is the manner in which our once-great land of independence and freedom is being turned into a globalist-dominated oligarchy, ruled by the iron fist of corrupt elitists.

The Hock

Master
I never understood well-off, successful people paying for sex, till I heard someone say that they're being paid not just for the sex, but also to go away afterward.

Unfortunately for the Hon. Mr. Spitzer, this one will never go away. Edited by: The Hock

whiteCB

Master
The Hock said:
I never understood well-off, successful people paying for sex, till I heard someone say that they're being paid not just for the sex, but also to go away afterward.

Unfortunately for the Hon. Mr. Spitzer, this one will never go away.

HAHA! That's a good one. Though if you're a governor isn't that title alone good enough to at least get a hand job by the front desk secretary? Bill Clinton realized this and he knew how to take advantages of his position in power. If I was Spitzer I would just be like "baby why don't we go in my office and have a little state of the union session. i'll introduce you to my real leutenient governor" lol

white is right

Hall of Famer
I just saw an interview with her brother and he looked like a homie that was missing a Kangol cap twisted to the side. She must come from a wonderful family.......
smiley11.gif

LabMan

Mentor
Have we all seen Jaxvids comments on this story?as well as many others,this guy is gifted,glad you are on our side man!

Tom Iron

Mentor
Now the people of the state of the whole state of NY are
going to get a dose of what it was like when Dinkins was mayor of NYC. This guy Paterson is going to be exactly the same as Dinkins, the only difference being, Paterson's blind.

Tom Iron...

guest301

Hall of Famer
Paterson and his wife just admitted to past marital affairs in the NY Daily News hours after his inaguration. Does it get any funnier
smiley36.gif
or sadder? There goes all this talk about him being a standup honorable guy.

white is right

Hall of Famer
See I was right he had a gomat.....
smiley36.gif
smiley2.gif
They might as well let the concubine/gomat/hooker be a part of the swearing in ceremony for governor of NY.....
smiley36.gif
smiley5.gif
smiley11.gif

Tom Iron

Mentor
The interesting thing about this poor slob, Paterson is that his Governorship is already doomed. He has no chance of success. The reason I say that is the because of the "fast one" he tried to pull on everybody by taking the Oath of office first and then coming out with the admission that he and his "wife" were playing games on each other (two real pips). As if anybody is fooled. Oh yeah, he came out with it like a man - Malarkey. He came out with it because somebody was sniffing around and he thought the only thing to do was beat them to the punch.

Doesn't matter though. He won't succeed. He'll screw up and the people he appoints will screw up. This jerk has as much chance of reelection as my cat, and my cat isn't holding any office at this time.

It's unbelieveable how the blacks always screw up. You'd think they'd do something right just by the law of averages, by accident, but not in their case.

Tom Iron...

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Tom Iron said:
It's unbelieveable how the blacks always screw up. You'd think they'd do something right just by the law of averages, by accident, but not in their case.

I know what you're saying, but I find it kind of ironic to lament blacks screwing up when this thread is about a white governor banging a prostitute and leaving a paper trail.
smiley36.gif