Some intriguing Week 11 QB match-ups

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
There's a good amount of young blood at QB in the NFL.

Here's the match-ups:

Matt Ryan/Jay Cutler

Both are likely to have good games against the opposing defenses.

Drew Brees/Tyler Thigpen

I don't think this is a guaranteed win for NO. Drew will try to get his team to 5-5.

Joe Flacco/Eli Manning

Baltimore's O-line will probably fail miserably. The Giants' may not score many points either. Should be interesting to see what Eli and the Giants' offense can do.

Brady Quinn/Trent Edwards (Monday game)

I think Trent will lead his team to a win. The Buffalo D should be pretty strong.

Philip Rivers/Ben Roethlisberger

The media vampires will be "hating" on the QB of the losing team. The San Diego D has been pretty weak. I think Ben will do quite well. Personally, I really hope Philip does well. He will probably throw the ball 40-times.

For whatever reason, I don't see San Diego winning this game.

This about covers the young guns. Matt Ryan for Pro Bowl!

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Season QB (passing) stats after the completion of Week 11:

Drew Brees -- 3,251 yards, 18 TD 11 Int

Kurt Warner -- 3,155 yards, 20 TD 7 Int

Jay Cutler -- 2,832 yards, 19 TD 11 Int

Peyton Manning -- 2,568 yards, 17 TD 9 Int

806 yards away from 45,000 career passing yards!
smiley32.gif

Philip Rivers -- 2,513 yards, 21 TD 10 Int

Chad Pennington -- 2,374 yards, 8 TD 5 Int

Brett Favre -- 2,237 yards, 18 TD 12 Int

He's 1,108 yards away from 65,000 career passing yards. He now has 460 career passing TD's!

Matt Cassel -- 2,200 yards, 10 TD 7 Int

Matt Ryan -- 2,159 yards, 11 TD 6 Int

Just like last year, we are witnessing prolific dominance. I'll make sure I enjoy this.

The velocity on Cassel's game-tying TD pass was almost supernatural. Just incredible velocity and an incredible spiral, and he threw the ball while on the run. The behind-the-ball camera captured the velocity, and the path of the ball, beautifully.

smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

Edited by: Deadlift

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Cassel's throw was perfectly placed as well. He had about a one-inch margin of error or else Moss would have been out of bounds and the ball would have gone over on downs with a second or two left. Talk about a clutch throw.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
That's why I think, for the most part, the games aren't fixed.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Yeah there's no way they could have fixed that catch against the helmet in the Super Bowl last year.

It's an interesting scenario b/c there are a few blacks that can at least "measure up" as NFL QBs, yet there are definitely more black QBs than there should be if it wasn't artificially inflated. It shouldn't be that hard to notice.

Yet there are several white RBs doing well in college that could certainly "measure up" as NFL runners who deserve PT, yet there are zero allowed to carry the ball. Peyton Hillis, this week, only was allowed to run the ball because of injury and he did an adequete job with little practice under his feet. He had two tough nosed TDs. But the DWFs are still too stupid to pick up on this artificial creation called the caste system.
smiley5.gif
Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
I think something fishy is going on. Philip Rivers only had 26 pass attempts. I thought he was surrounded by "supermen" like Antonio Gates?!

The San Diego coaches played to lose.

Jason Campbell threw 34 times.

McDrab threw a ton.

Kurt Warner, Peyton and Drew Brees had excellent games. Putting "a leash" on Rivers' is just stupid and a big reason why SD only scored 10.

Not surprisingly on "Mike and Mike" -- the little turd "Greeny" ripped on Philip Rivers. But when they talked about the Washington/Dallas game, he didn't rip on Campbell. Is anyone in the MSM ripping on McDrab??

Also, going back to the Pitt game, Pittsburgh won but they didn't give Big Ben any praise. Typical.

If San Diego had won, they would rip on Ben and not give Rivers' praise.

smiley18.gif
smiley18.gif

NOTE: The QB stats will be updated.

DWFan

Mentor
I wish I could understand just what the media's problem with Rivers is. It goes beyond just being a white athlete. Does anybody have any insight into why they are this vicious about him?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Deadlift said:
That's why I think, for the most part, the games aren't fixed.

I agree, since it's beyond difficult to turn someone like Michael Vick or Kordell Stewart into a Super Bowl winning quarterback, though it wouldn't surprise me if there is tweaking and wholesale fixes. I've always thought that the huge amount of money bet on games is a more likely motivation to mess with the outcome of games. Thelast playof the Steelers-Chargers game yesterday is bound to raise suspicions, as it affected the game's line. I was watching and there was no way Tomlinson threw a forward pass, as the replay booth ruled:

Nullified TD a big deal to sports books, bettors

http://www.lvrj.com/sports/34571674.html

Edited by: Don Wassall

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
I was wrong about the Buffalo game. Congrats to Brady Quinn and Joe Thomas.

Hopefully the Pats will beat the Fins this week. The Titans' are also more White-friendly than the Jets. Go Titans!

It's time for the Pats to assert themselves in their division.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Deadlift said:
I was wrong about the Buffalo game. Congrats to Brady Quinn and Joe Thomas.
was

Hopefully the Pats will beat the Fins this week. The Titans' are also more White-friendly than the Jets. Go Titans!

It's time for the Pats to assert themselves in their division.

i think the pats win this one, bellicheck is not going to let the phins win another one on him like they did, they embarrased him last game with the wildcat, im sure hes got some brilliant plan to beat them, but i at least hope the two stars in the game will be welker and greg camarilloEdited by: dwid