Society’s effects on the white pysche

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Based on my own experiences, I'd have to lean more towards bigunreal's take on cops. While I know there are a few good ones out there (a couple are friends of the family) , I have rarely had any interactions with cops likethem out in the real world,but ratherthe jerks who abuse power and break laws while supposedly keeping everyone else in line. Double standards sicken me and one of the most common is that between officers and the general populace. Ioften wonder what would happen if someone tried a citizens arrest on some of these "above the law" cops. Too many of these jerks get off on majoring on the minors and minoring on the majors, if you get my meaning.

foreverfree

Mentor
bigunreal said:
Putting the bag on the roof was a time saving measure.

No. It was a sign of laziness, carelessness, or both.
Opening the trunk and reopening it would have defeated the purpose. The pickup site was so close, and right on the way out, that it was simply convenient for most residents, including me, to put in on the roof of your car and just drop it off on the way out of the development.
Are you saying that you saw others drive to the dump with bags on their roofs, unlashed thereto? Did you see any bags fall off? Did yours ever fall off? Must have lived in a rather free spirited region, bigunreal.

Every other week on my county's curbside recycling pickup day, I take a couple of precious seconds to open the trunk, place my recycling tub as far in the trunk as it will fit, drive the 50 yards to my driveway's mouth, take about 10 valuable seconds to shut off the car, get out, walk around to the trunk, remove the tub, place it on the grassy curb (I live in a rural area, though not on a farm), get back in the car, and drive off to my (fwiw) first shift job.

At any rate, it was nothing for any law enforcement officer to concern himself with.

I agree with *that* (as long as the bag didn't fall off and pose a hazard to traffic [I assume you lived in a suburban subdivision]). But the adjectives in my first paragraph still stand and you know it. Well chosen handle, yours. HAND.

John

Edited by: foreverfree

bigunreal

Mentor
Let me clarify the infamous trash bag incident. I lived in a townhouse at the time, and the dropoff for trash was no more than 100 yards away, a few seconds slow drive past a row of townhouses within our development. At no time would I, or anyone else, have been out in a street where real traffic was. My bag never fell down or off, and I never saw anyone else's fall, either.

Even if I was driving down a crowded thoroughfare, the cop had absolutely no business jumping out of his squad car and yelling at me in a belligerant tone. I was actually concerned he was going to draw his weapon! As Col. Reb put it so well, these guys are almost all experts at going after minor infractions, and clueless about major crime. Barney Fife was hilarious on t.v., but that type is no fun in real life.

Btw, I used to work nights at a hospital years ago, and we all used to laugh at the cops that came in nightly for their free coffee and food. Our county had four squad cars assigned to the entire area at night, and very, very often three of them would be parked outside our cafeteria for hours at a time. They really enjoyed boasting to the jock-sniffing security guards. One of those security guards was a close friend of mine, and he confided in me about a drug bust he witnessed outside of the hospital (I was off that night). According to him, the cops confiscated a good portion of the drugs, laughingly explaining to him that this was standard procedure, and offered a token amount to him. They told him, "we make a nice profit on the side from this." He declined, being a bit more principled.

I doubt very seriously that this was unsual behavior on the part of those cops. Keeping in mind that I lived (and still do) in one of the richest counties in the United States, I can only assume that this kind of unethical stuff would be even more widespread in urban areas where drug usage is plentiful.

bigunreal, I absolutley agree that there are plenty of wayward cops out there. I think having a police force is important, it's just that their priorities are out of whack. As forevertree pointed out, they can always make miniscule things like driving with a bag on the car seem as if they are of grave importance. Some cops are very reasonable. One time I made a right on red, because I didn't notice the "no turn on red" sign. The cop was right there and, due to past experience, I thought I was getting a citation for sure. Actually, the cop didn't even move his car, I pulled into a parking lot, got out and he just said "yeah that's a no turn on red, pay attention to the sign," and i was on my way.

Then again, one time I stopped at a stop sign less than a block from my apartment. I pulled into my apartment parking lot, was halfway to my door when the cop's cruiser came screeching in and slammed on his brakes with the lights on and his cop horn blaring. People in my complex thought some crazed criminal was running from the cops. He ordered me to stop. He simply said I failed to stop at the sign and mandated that I return to my car, show him my driver's license, vehicle registration, and proof of insurance. He didn't say another word, just ordered that I sign the citation, and left. When I looked at the citation, it had violations for failure to stop at a stop sign, failure to signal a right hand turn, failure for driver to be properly secured by safety belt while operating a moter vehicle, and failure to demonstrate proof of auto insurance on a registered vehicle. The funny thing was that I not guilty of any of those thigns, and the cop did not explain any of the other violations he noted, other than "driver nearly caused collision in heavy traffic," when there was no other traffic on the road at the time. They wanted me to plead guilty and pay over $300 in fines. Instead, I went to court. The prosecuter still encouraged me to plead guilty, and they would drop the insurance violation since I actually did demonstrate proof of insurance, and would drop the failure to signal. I said I'm innocent, and will prove myself as such. I plead my case before the judge, and showed pictures from where the cop claimed to be when he noticed the infractions. I brought in two witnesses who showed that the officer did not come into the complex until 30 seconds after I did, and with the situation of buildings they could not determine the violations. The judge said that the state did not meet the burdon of proof, and since I had no previous infractions he ruled me not-guilty on all counts. Man did those cops feel stupid, but I guess they get paid for going to court so I guess it was no loss for them, but it made me feel good to beat thos a** holes in court.

bigunreal

Mentor
Electric Slide,

I can definitely empathize with you. Here's another experience from my "criminal" past. I was stopped by a cop car, as I was driving along the median road in the apartment development where I lived at the time (this was circa 1978). I had no idea what I'd done, but had been to a party and had several drinks. This was right at the beginning of the crusade against drunk drivers, but I really had no awareness that I'd committed any crime. Anyhow, he asked me to step out of the car, and had me in handcuffs before I knew what hit me. I kept asking him what I'd done, but he just ignored me (forget what they say about Miranda rights- this clown never read me mine).

Eventually, he told me I was driving straight, but my right wheels had ventured slightly over into the other lane, and he'd pulled me over on suspicion of drunk driving. To make a long story short, because I hadn't urinated in a while, my bac ended up being just over the legal limit. If I knew then what I know now, I'd have peed my pants in the cop car, ala Bobby Brown. Mothers Against Drunk Drivers had just been born, and they threw the book at me. I had to go to two different sets of classes, and I couldn't afford auto insurance for two years (had to pay the unisured motorists fee). Remember, I was within my apartment complex, only a right turn away from my building, when this jerk stopped me. I kept telling him "I live right there, why can't I just walk home?" He ignored me, because he wanted the brownie points for a DWI.

Other quick horror tales. My brother was charged with reckless driving for going FIVE miles an hour. He was backed up in traffic on the interstate, and the cop said his wheels were too far over on the shoulder. The judge could not believe the cop actually showed up in court (usually they don't, and the judge will lower the charges). Another time, a friend of mine got a ticket for going 56 on the interstate (speed limit is 55). I could go on and on, but you get the point. The bottom line is, most of these power mad cops get off on causing tremendous hardship and aggravation to decent, taxpaying citizens. In no way, shape or form am I inclined towards criminal behavior, yet I've had nasty encounters with the law nonetheless.

Finally, a cousin of mine was shot and killed by a black cop about 25 years ago. He had apparently left his keys locked in his car, and the cop's squad car couldn't get out of the parking lot because it was blocking him. According to witnesses, he became increasingly impatient and beligerant with my cousin when he couldn't get the car door open with a coat hanger. I think my cousin probably mouthed off to him, and the cop simply pulled out his gun and shot him dead on the spot, in front of all those witnesses. This received no coverage on television, and a few scant stories in the press. The cop was suspended for a while, but I don't know what happened afterwards. My guess is he was eventually "cleared," following one of those worthless internal investigations. This clown killed my cousin, for nothing more than being a typical young forgetful kid who caused him a momentary bit of inconvenience. Okay, that's enough ranting.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I too can relate to your experiences Electric Slide and bigunreal. Big, just like you said "In no way, shape or form am I inclined towards criminal behavior, yet I've had nasty encounters with the law nonetheless."Most of mybadexperiences with cops were about power intoxicated men who had no regard for the "service" aspect of their job or respecting the good people who pay their salaries, or who wanted to aggravate me or ruin my day.My worst experience was at the hands ofnegro cops, male and female, and a conspiracy by some othernegroes several years ago. All kinds of lies and illegalities were committed by the trash, not to mention their attempt to ruin my life. Thankfully, the one white captain on the police force noticed the lies and exposed them, and a local white lawyer who knew the racial score helped me out and I was exonerated of everything in court without having to spend a furtune. Of course, nothing was done to the lying negro cops who falsely arrested me, although a year or two later one of them was fired for another illegal act. The white captain was fired about 3 years later as well. Can't have an honestwhite man on the force in a 70% negro town.
smiley7.gif
smiley11.gif

Tom Iron

Mentor
Good morning Gentlemen,

I do agree with most of you on how many of our officers are't up to the job they're performing as police officers. I also agree that many times they cause a great deal of the problems they cite citizens with.

However, we must try to get along with them as best we can, because when everything shuts down in this country and the minorities go stark raving mad, they'll for the most part be on our side (not the minority cccops of course). The clock is ticking and that day is coming when the showdown with minorities will be at hand. So let's remember that and act accordingly.

Tom Iron...

dwid

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Black criminals already pretty much rove free to prey on whites.  It's only because they tend to take out their impulses in their immediate neighborhood rather than traveling into non-black areas that the situation isn't much worse.

I don't think whites who "choose to use drugs" should be imprisoned.  Dealers of dangerous drugs yes, but weed should be decriminalized and the "War on Drugs" ended.

I don't disagree with your logic, it's pretty much irrefutable.  The problem is that in the U.S. it's always about choosing between the lesser of two evils.  Until that paradigm with its tiny spectrum of "respectable" ideas and options changes things will only get worse.<!-- Message ''"" --><!-- Message ''"" -->

Yes the War on Drugs is stupid. There are plenty of non-violent Whites who go to prison for drugs, not just weed. I worked construction and half the guys there take pain pills illegally. Some of them do it to get loaded I admit, but a good amount didn't start out because they wanted to get "high", they started out because they dont have proper health insurance and have some sort of back injury that cant get taken care of but yet they still have to work and pay bills and put food on the table. My friends dad just died from taking to many pain pills, and he wasn't a bad man. He went to work every day to put food on the table and didn't do pills to get loaded, didnt hang out with bad people, he simply went to work and came home and gritted out his pain. He considered himself a real man and never got his back pain treated and never wanted to admit there was real pain because he felt like that would make him less of a man i guess. He was very old schoool.To say that only violent drug users are put in prison is false. Yes some do get probation, but what does that do? does that magically make them not addicted to drugs? no. They wind up getting caught a second time and are put back into prison. My brother is a case of this, while he is an idiot, he is not a violent criminal. He got caught with pain pills that did not belong to him twice.

Second of all, the war on drugs gives minorities a sort of power. If you legalize all of them, they will not be as profitable, then these guys in the ghetto will have no source of income and no way to buy illegal guns and kill each other over who controls what area of "drug turf"Edited by: dwid

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
dwid said:
Yes the War on Drugs is stupid. There are plenty of non-violent Whites who go to prison for drugs, not just weed. I worked construction and half the guys there take pain pills illegally. Some of them do it to get loaded I admit, but a good amount didn't start out because they wanted to get "high", they started out because they dont have proper health insurance and have some sort of back injury that cant get taken care of but yet they still have to work and pay bills and put food on the table. My friends dad just died from taking to many pain pills, and he wasn't a bad man. He went to work every day to put food on the table and didn't do pills to get loaded, didnt hang out with bad people, he simply went to work and came home and gritted out his pain. He considered himself a real man and never got his back pain treated and never wanted to admit there was real pain because he felt like that would make him less of a man i guess. He was very old schoool.To say that only violent drug users are put in prison is false. Yes some do get probation, but what does that do? does that magically make them not addicted to drugs? no. They wind up getting caught a second time and are put back into prison. My brother is a case of this, while he is an idiot, he is not a violent criminal. He got caught with pain pills that did not belong to him twice.

Second of all, the war on drugs gives minorities a sort of power. If you legalize all of them, they will not be as profitable, then these guys in the ghetto will have no source of income and no way to buy illegal guns and kill each other over who controls what area of "drug turf"

I agree the War on Drugs is stupid. I have long believed that white men should be free to use whatever substances they want, your body belongs to you. Having said that it seems unusual for someone to get caught with "pain pills" twice. Or for someone to die because of it.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
They're are plenty of crooked cops out there, as well as those who're on a power trip. However, I'd estimate this overall % as 20-40% of law enforcement (at most). I've never been arrested or had much more than a speeding ticket, but I've heard of many stories of over-aggression & abuse. By in large, I think they're still somewhat honest/fair (except for that % above). However, it's alarming seeing the Federalization of law enforcement via funding & training. Local police have definitely become an extended arm of NWO control(s).

Europe

Mentor
I agree with Aussie. What they do, even if you did something, is way overcharge you, so you will have incentive to plead because you don't want to risk it.This gives them leverage to get you to plead quilty and they don't have to prove anything.

What about that guy who was charged because he dragged an extension cord behind his truck ata rally of blacks. Why is that even a crime? He could have gotten something like ten years I think.So he pleaded quilty.I think I remember this correctly.

What type of a country could you possibly get 10 years in prison for dragging an extension cord behind your truck?

Prison should only be used to protect society from dangerous people. There would be fewer people there and they would be monitored better.Tolstoy was very much against the whole crimianl justice system when it was really being instituted about 100 years ago or a liitle more. Tolstoy was sort of a Christian Anarchist or that is how he has been described. You might want to check out the book" Wisdom of Huma Kind". You might not agree with it all, but it's pretty interesting.

I am not saying there aren't dangerous people we need to be protected from, but there has to be a better way.

bigunreal

Mentor
We need to remember that the "get tough" policy on crime plays into the hands of the "liberal" mindset. By constantly creating new absurd laws, none of them constitutional in the least, we make it easy for hate crime-type legislation to be passed. Even the most odious statist politician would have scoffed at any of these horrific hate crimes bills, as recently as 25 years ago.

I believe that Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, she of the superb intellect (she once congratulated the boys at NASA during a ribbon-cutting type ceremony by referring to "the flag we planted on Mars in 1969"), is re-introducing her hete crimes bill even as we speak. With Obama in the White House, and Americans everywhere giddy over the lovefest about to ensue, it is almost a certainty to be passed. This will probably stifle historical debate about WWII, as it has throughout the rest of the world.

Remember that, if and when hate crimes legislation is passed, those "patriotic" cops and FBI agents will be the ones arresting supposedly free citizens for this newly created "crime." They are not likely to be any more concerned about civil liberties than they normally are. Btw, I'd imagine that most cops are the quintessential drunk white fans. If I recall correctly, the cops in L.A. pretty much worshiped O.J. Simpson prior to his wife's murder; they certainly didn't seem too concerned about his wife's welfare when they were summoned to his home previously. As drunk white fans, I would guess that cops usually take it easy on athletes (most of them black), when they stop them for various transgressions. Taking this into consideration, the number of times these athletes are actually arrested probably only reflects a fraction of the offenses they actually commit.

There have been lots of good points on this thread. As has been pointed out, there are definitely dangerous people out there whom society needs to be protected against. That being said, giving very fallible human beings the kind of power we've given police over the past few decades is not consistent with a free society.

Europe

Mentor
Why lock all these people up together who are committing crimes,especially non violent crimes.They are not going to have any positive influences on them. It would be like locking alcoholics up in a bar.There have been judges and prosecutors who have been sent to prison and changed their minds on the system.

Bigunreal, you are correct about fallible humans getting power. I wonder if they give police candidates psychological testing.Einstein was in theory for the death penalty, but he didn't trust humans to administer it correctly.