Site Update

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The homepage is essentially dead, which is not a good thing when it comes to building site traffic and recognition of the Caste System.

I encourage everyone interested to write articles. Short and very short ones are fine. What I'm going to start doing also is take some good posts from the board and post them on the homepage as short articles or blurbs. I'll use your usernames as the author. If anyone doesn't want me using their posts on the homepage, pm me.

What's also needed is comments after the homepage articles. I'll let opponents write comments as well to keep up interest, as long as it's done in a civil manner and doesn't get out of hand.

We're stagnant right now as far as site traffic, and the redesign not being utilized the way it was meant to be is undoubtedly part of it. Ideally the homepage should be an extension of and a compliment to the discussion board. So I'm asking the CF community to pitch in and help make the homepage a must-stop place as much as the board has been for so long now.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
I tried to comment on a few articles but for some reason could not sign in so I gave up.

I will try again.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I'm having advertising added to CF, including here on the board. It was supposed to start yesterday on the board but it hasn't yet and I've noticed a few glitches have developed instead. Tech support is difficult to get on the weekends so hopefully the glitches will be fixed tomorrow.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
There's a new J.B. Cash article on Peyton Manning on the homepage (and in the J.B. Cash forum), and also one I wrote about Riley Cooper. Your comments are encouraged. Also, it would be great if board posters contribute material for the homepage. Short or long articles, or short blurbs ala the way Weenieworld operates, are welcome. Shorter material will generally be posted in the right hand column.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Research that Dwid did comparing Jim Taylor and Jim Brown is now posted on the homepage.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
A short piece on Cody Pearcy and his amazing Pro Day showing was added to the right hand column on the homepage. Comments are welcome, and so are articles on any sport.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Don, who wrote the Cody Pearcy piece? it was excellent.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Don, who wrote the Cody Pearcy piece? it was excellent.

I wrote it, but took information others posted on Pearcy yesterday in the Combine thread and did a little additional research on his high school and college career and combined it into an article.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
the short blurb held a wealth of information. well done to you and all who contributed, especially Cody and his refusal to bow down to the Caste System.

on an unrelated note Don, i don't suppose you have any control over the ads, do you? because i really have no desire to hook up with philipino singles. :lol:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
on an unrelated note Don, i don't suppose you have any control over the ads, do you? because i really have no desire to hook up with philipino singles. :lol:

Using my Wizard of Oz like powers, I just ordered them to bombard you with ads of African single women. :director:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
An excellent article on the myth of Pele by Rebajlo was posted on the homepage today; yesterday a sarcastic one on the media's Tiger-philia was added.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Don,

with all of the updates being done on the site (which are hopefully resulting in increased traffic), could you update the About Us section? we want to be as accurate as possible in order to open as many eyes as possible to new visitors.

the following portion, i think, especially needs a make-over to include what Peyton Hillis accomplished:
There are zero starting white tailbacks. No white running back has run for over 1,000 yards in nearly a quarter of a century.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Don,

with all of the updates being done on the site (which are hopefully resulting in increased traffic), could you update the About Us section? we want to be as accurate as possible in order to open as many eyes as possible to new visitors.

the following portion, i think, especially needs a make-over to include what Peyton Hillis accomplished:

It does indeed need to be updated, but I have to go through the programmers to change the wording.

LATEST UPDATES: An article on Brian Robison was posted on the homepage yesterday; today a baseball article by PhillyBirds was posted.

Comments after articles are always welcome, so are articles and blurbs, and recommendations for good posts on the board to be converted into front page material.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Good article on Pele! I haven't been on much lately so I'm catching up reading the front page articles and boards posts tonight.