SI.com Photo Article.

PhillyBirds

Mentor
I found this photo gallery-article on SI.com of "Fan's Overlooked Draft Prospects." The article features three of our personal favorites: K-State WR Jordy Nelson, West Virginia FB Owen Schmitt, and LSU RB (That's right, not FB) Jacob Hester. Assuming it wasn't a typographical error, a big name sports media site has given Hester the nod as a running back. Neat stuff.

Thanks, SI.com. You brightened my day.

EDIT: Spelling, of course.Edited by: PhillyBirds

backrow

Hall of Famer
nice pics, too
smiley32.gif

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Of course though the "oh so obvious" (sarcasm) comparisons to Wes Welker:
Nobody gave my team, the Texas Longhorns, fits like Jordy Nelson this year. We couldn't cover him on offense and he had a 90-yard return as well. I mentioned during the game who Nelson most reminded me of. You may have heard of him: Wes Welker.

Tommy Thompson
Dallas

Sure, a tall guy with good speed and ability to adjust to the ball who runs a lot of go routes who still has to polish up his route running a bit gets compared to a 5'9 slot guy who may be the best short route runner in the league who is all about his short burst and sharp cuts, but lacks good vertical speed. Makes a lot of sense.
smiley5.gif
Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Maybe he just means Jordy reminds him of Welker because both whiteboys tore up his teams all black secondary?

Mike

Guru
Aside from work ethic and whiteness, the two have nothing in common on the field. Comparing white players to white players only makes you sound like an idiot and confirms the fact that most football fans today can't think outside of the box.

PhillyBirds

Mentor
Mike said:
Aside from work ethic and whiteness, the two have nothing in common on the field. Comparing white players to white players only makes you sound like an idiot and confirms the fact that most football fans today can't think outside of the box.

The only exception being, in my opinion, defenseive end. Seeing as the best DEs in football are white, I consider it an excellent compliment for someone like Chris Long to be compared to Kyle Vanden Bosch, for instance.

Just my opinion.Edited by: PhillyBirds