Showtime says no to Bute-Froch

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
All terms of the contract were agreed upon by the promoters of Froch and Bute, but when the contract was sent to Showtime, they said "no" to the fight.

http://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-showtime-rejected-bute-vs-froch-showdown--48613

Showtime insists that Bute moves up to 175 and fight Bernard Hopkins (the only other opponent for Bute they would televise is Andre Ward, but he's already said he will not fight Bute).

Here's another story on it from the Quebec media:

http://tvasports.ca/tvasports/combats/archives/2012/01/20120116-152231.html

Hopkins would be the worst possible opponent for Bute, a no-win situation for him. WA33 and I said this before the Pavlik-Hopkins fight, and as it turned out, we were right.

http://www.castefootball.us/forums/...ns-on-10-18-08-per-Bob-Arum&highlight=Hopkins

If Lucian won a dominant decision, Al Bernstein would score all the rounds for Hopkins, and the rest of the media would cry "robbery". The wiggers on the various websites would whine so loud it would be deafening.

If Bute won by TKO, Bernstein and the wiggers will go on and on about it being an early stoppage.

A likely scenario is Hopkins pretending to be hurt like he did against Dawson, Calzaghe and Jones and Bute to lose by DQ.

Let's hope Bute does NOT take this fight.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
All terms of the contract were agreed upon by the promoters of Froch and Bute, but when the contract was sent to Showtime, they said "no" to the fight.

http://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-showtime-rejected-bute-vs-froch-showdown--48613

Showtime insists that Bute moves up to 175 and fight Bernard Hopkins (the only other opponent for Bute they would televise is Andre Ward, but he's already said he will not fight Bute).

Hopkins would be the worst possible opponent for Bute, a no-win situation for him. WA33 and I said this before the Pavlik-Hopkins fight, and as it turned out, we were right.

http://www.castefootball.us/forums/...ns-on-10-18-08-per-Bob-Arum&highlight=Hopkins

If Lucian won a dominant decision, Al Bernstein would score all the rounds for Hopkins, and the rest of the media would cry "robbery". The wiggers on the various websites would whine so loud it would be deafening.

If Bute won by TKO, Bernstein and the wiggers will go on and on about it being an early stoppage.

A likely scenario is Hopkins pretending to be hurt like he did against Dawson, Calzaghe and Jones and Bute to lose by DQ.

I agree. He shouldn't take a fight with Hopkins. We saw what happened when Abraham went up in weight. He just wasn't the same fighter. Bute needs to stay at super middle where he is the best in the division.

We also saw the way Adelaide Byrd scored the Hopkins-Calzaghe fight for Hopkins. If one of the other judges had been crooked Calzaghe would have lost the fight thought he clearly won it. I'm sure they'd stick here in as a judge or find a couple of racists to screw Bute over if the fight goes to the cards.

Hopkins is old and he's a very dirty fighter. He doesn't have much speed left so he likes to hold. The fight would be boring as he'd hold Bute the entire time just like he did to Calzaghe. Even though Hopkins is ranked number one at 175 a win by Bute would do nothing for him. He wouldn't get any props because he beat another old man just like Glen Johnson. There are too many worries including Hopkins and his antics, crooked judges, and the lack of recognition even for a win.

I respect your opinion 100%, and you have proven yourself to be a very intelligent boxing fan many times! Total respect to you and your expressed opinions. However, personally I somewhat disagree with your stance here.

I think Hopkins is very much a winnable fight for Bute. I also think it might be more dominating than many people believe. I firmly believe Lucian is an exceptional talent. I also firmly believe Hopkins is on the way down and slipping for the past couple of years.

Lets not equate Bute with Kelly Pavlik, that would be a huge mistake and truthfully Bute is an entire league above Pavlik in terms of talent & skill level.

I don't particularly think Hopkins looked good in his fights with Pascal. & There is no denying he looked very poor in his last fight against Dawson. Dawson was able to connect with many flush shots in r2 and looked to be on his way to an easy decision win.

Bute is essentially a much better version of Chad Dawson.

Quite honestly, I think there's a chance Hopkins is stopped or quits in this fight. This guy is very old, on the way down in his career. Bute is an exceptional talent and quite frankly I can see Hopkins being dominated.

I also think there is a lot to gain for Bute out of this fight in terms of credibility. A clear win over Hopkins would be a huge win for Lucian, and a KO win would be an amazing accomplishment.

Yes, there is always a risk with fighting Bernard, but I think its a risk that can pan out well for Lucian.

Maybe youre right though, just expressing my own thoughts on this issue. I think its an alright fight for Lucian and I would bet money that Lucian wins.

*SIDENOTE: Showtime is being ridiculous by not agreeing to Bute/Froch though. Bute/Froch is a tremendous fight between two top super middleweights and the fight completely makes sense and totally relevant. Bute/Froch is a great matchup and its bizarre that Showtime would elect not to show it. The only explanation to that is an obvious antiEuro bias, and a desire to control the career path of Bute by choosing his opponent for him. Ridiculous behaviour from Showtime to not show Froch/Bute.

Last edited:

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
*SIDENOTE: Showtime is being ridiculous by not agreeing to Bute/Froch though. Bute/Froch is a tremendous fight between two top super middleweights and the fight completely makes sense and totally relevant. Bute/Froch is a great matchup and its bizarre that Showtime would elect not to show it. The only explanation to that is an obvious antiEuro bias, and a desire to control the career path of Bute by choosing his opponent for him. Ridiculous behaviour from Showtime to not show Froch/Bute.
Froch-Bute would have been exciting to watch.

Hopkins-Bute will be frustrating to watch. B-Hop will deliberately headbutt, hold, pretend he's been fouled, etc.

I agree Bute would easily beat Hopkins in a fair fight, but Hopkins will use every dirty trick he knows to have an advantage, including using PEDS.

If Bute clearly defeats him in spite of his dirty tricks, the wiggers, negroes and cultural Marxists like Al Bernstein and Max Kellerman will claim it's a robbery. If Bute KOs Hopkins, they'll say it was because of Hopkins age and not give Bute any credit.

If Ward refuses to fight Bute, I'd sooner Lucian fight (either) Dirrell.

Last edited:
First, Showtime kept Bute apart of the Super Six and now this ?
They say that they want an american name for Bute ?
I thought Froch moved to the USA anyway, and he's probably more famous in America than the Direll.

Hopkins barely won against Pascal and Froch easily beat him, this fight is senseless even though i see Bute win easily, you never know what kind of dirty tricks and cheating maneuvers Hopkins and Showtime are gonna bring.

I say, let Bute clear the division and take what's his, then if old Hopkins is still around in a year or so, he'll get his ass kicked and sent to retirement.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Froch-Bute would have been exciting to watch.

Hopkins-Bute will be frustrating to watch. B-Hop will deliberately headbutt, hold, pretend he's been fouled, etc.

I agree Bute would easily beat Hopkins in a fair fight, but Hopkins will use every dirty trick he knows to have an advantage, including using PEDS.

If Bute clearly defeats him in spite of his dirty tricks, the wiggers, negroes and cultural Marxists like Al Bernstein and Max Kellerman will claim it's a robbery. If Bute KOs Hopkins, they'll say it was because of Hopkins age and not give Bute any credit.

If Ward refuses to fight Bute, I'd sooner Lucian fight (either) Dirrell.

Hopkins is already a PED user. So is Evander Holyfield. Anyone who believes that these two can come into fights at almost fifty years old in perfect shape is a fool. The DWF's will believe it though because black athletes are made out to be "supermen" in the media.

Westside

Hall of Famer
I believe Ward if he wants to make any real money will have to fight Bute. Ward with his anemic drawing power will have to fight 5 to 6 fights against 3rd /2nd fighters with a chance of losing, rather than a big payday against Bute in Canada. That fight would be huge.

Bute should avoid fighting Bopkins. But is the money is right, demand Bopkins fight at 168 lbs, or no deal.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Froch-Bute may happen without Showtime:

http://www.rds.ca/boxe/chroniques/333589.html

It would be great if they stand up to the cultural Marxists creeps who run Showtime and go ahead without their money.

Bute-Froch will do very well without Showtime. It would be on PPV in Quebec and Sky in the UK, plus attract a huge crowd in either Montreal or Nottingham.

Last edited:
It would be great if they stand up to the cultural Marxists creeps who run Showtime and go ahead without their money.

Agree 100%. Although, in my own estimation, I would highly favour Bute over Hopkins. It is entirely apparent that Showtime execs were trying to control the career path of Lucian Bute. This is some seriously dodgy behaviour and it almost seemed like showtime was trying to sabotage or maliciously direct Lucian's career.

I think the Showtime execs were hoping Bute to fight an American, thereby cutting Froch (European) out of the picture and hoping that Bute would lose or look bad against a black American guy like Hopkins.

However I think that plan would have backfired on them anyways! I think the cultural marxists are underestimating Bute and grossly overestimating old man Bernard.

In either case, I truly think Lucian is a phenomenal fighter. So Ill be happy with *anyone* he fights next so long as it is a big name opponent. I also fully expect him to beat *anyone* at 168 and I firmly believe he'd school Bopkins similar to Joe C back in 2007.

Froch/Bute would be a great match and Id love to see that :)

This is some seriously dodgy behaviour and it almost seemed like showtime was trying to sabotage or maliciously direct Lucian's career.

They certainly did, how can they set up a tournament without integrate a boxer who had been champion since 2007, with a + 80% KO ratio while they invited two former middleweights, unproven (at the time) prospects (Ward & Direll) and used a never been like Allan Green as a replacement ?

A win over Froch is what gave Ward the ring title and the official # 1 spot, not surprising Showtime now try to stand in the way of a Bute vs Froch fight.

Last edited: