SHADOW EFFECT

sunshine

Mentor
Just to let you know I have a sermon in the US Open tennis forum regarding a term I call the SHADOW EFFECT. It relates to all sports but I used tennis as an example.

And if you haven't read it then you aren't missing much.

Why did you need to make a thread drawing attention to a completely average post on another forum?

It was no different to what a lot of other posters have wrote over the years and hardly a must read work of groundbreaking brilliance.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Trooper Thorn said:
And if you haven't read it then you aren't missing much.

Why did you need to make a thread drawing attention to a completely average post on another forum?

It was no different to what a lot of other posters have wrote over the years and hardly a must read work of groundbreaking brilliance.

Regaurdless of the content of sunshine's post, there was no point in making the unneccessary criticism. For this site to be of interest people have to contribute which he does and you do not. Whether his point was worthy or not is not the issue. And even if what he said has been said before it is worth saying again as there are new people who need to hear things again. You are free to read or not read posts, and to make a few of your own by the way.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
jaxvid said:
Regaurdless of the content of sunshine's post, there was no point in making the unneccessary criticism. For this site to be of interest people have to contribute which he does and you do not. Whether his point was worthy or not is not the issue. And even if what he said has been said before it is worth saying again as there are new people who need to hear things again. You are free to read or not read posts, and to make a few of your own by the way.

Here, here!
smiley32.gif

jaxvid said:
Whether his point was worthy or not is not the issue.

Yes it is.

He made a totally unecesarry thread about a rambling, forgettable post on another forum.

And there is a thing called the search function for newer people.

Edited by: Trooper Thorn

Bart

Hall of Famer
Trooper Thorn said:
He made a totally unecesarry thread about a rambling, forgettable post on another forum.

His post contained some interesting viewpoints.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Trooper Thorn said:
jaxvid said:

Yes it is.

I dunno.. is that like posting an opinion about Rampage and Anderson Silva on a thread devoted to UFC 74, in which neither of the two fought? Kinda unnecessary. There are multiple threads that discuss both of them, I'm sure they can be found using the search feature...

White Shogun said:
Trooper Thorn said:
jaxvid said:

Yes it is.

I dunno.. is that like posting an opinion about Rampage and Anderson Silva on a thread devoted to UFC 74, in which neither of the two fought? Kinda unnecessary. There are multiple threads that discuss both of them, I'm sure they can be found using the search feature...

I was adding to what Colonel Callan said about Jackson on the same thread.