Sergio Martinez

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Sergio Martinez is a white fighter of pure Spanish heritage, like many people from Argentina.

Last night, I saw a brilliant display of boxing skills and pure athleticism as he completely dominated African Alex Bunema.

Martinez reminds me of another slick southpaw, namely Joe Calzaghe.Edited by: JD1986

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Vernon Forrest has been ducking his WBC mandatory, Sergio Martinez, for quite some time now. How long before they strip him of the title?

Martinez is in action tonight against Kermit Cintron.

Westside

Hall of Famer
If Sergio Martinez picks up where he left off, beating the the crediable Bunema relatively easily, and smacking the crap out of Clintron, he is on his way in becoming the next great white champ. Looking forward to tonights fight(s) on HBO.

Sean

Mentor
I've been very impressed with Martinez. I hope he beats Cintron decisively.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Sergio got robbed of a KO in the 7th round. Then for some reason, the ref incorrectly lets the fight go on. Then Sergio gets a draw. He clearly won 8 of 12 rounds against Cintron. Man, one of the worst decisions in the last 10 years.

Kellerman, by the way believes that Martinez was robbed as well. It took around three rounds for Sergio to warm up. I was impressed with him again. Sergio is going to be a major star. He has great speed, reflexes and intelligence. We the fans, media know who won that fight.

Sean

Mentor
Well, Martinez kept up his side of the bargain, beating Cintron decisively. The judges however, did not. Very bad scoring
smiley5.gif
smiley18.gif
smiley7.gif

Westside

Hall of Famer
Ok, Undiscplined(can't make weight) American Negro Campell can lose 8 rounds, albeit with two knockdowns, and "win" the fight against a true African. But Sergio can win 8 rounds with a knockdown and get a draw! F'''ing unbelievable.

Nate Campell is going get smoked by a true 140 pounder.

Martinez is a good looking fighter. He would give Forrest problems. If I remember correctly, I believe the winner of the Martinez-Cintron fight would have got Forrest next. Now because it was a "Don King Productions" draw, Martinez-Cintron will have to fight again and maybe even one more time. Same "DKP" decision gave Campbell the "win". I knew at best there would be some shady judges giving the edge to Don's preferred fighter and at worst "the fix is in" decision. Don suprised me and he got both
smiley7.gif
. Edited by: mrjohnnynofear

JD074

Master
I had Cintron down for eleven seconds. The ref counted to ten, waved his hand, and lead Cintron to his corner. Then he panicked over the headbutt complaint (there was no headbutt, of course) and changed his mind about the KO. Then he deducts a point from Martinez because Cintron kept ducking under his punches! Incredible! One of the worst robberies I've ever seen.

Blue Devils

Mentor
JD1986 said:
Vernon Forrest has been ducking his WBC mandatory, Sergio Martinez, for quite some time now. How long before they strip him of the title?
The ducking continues
smiley21.gif

Forrest now fights a white clubfighter named Jason LeHoullier on Showtime.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Blue Devils said:
The ducking continues
smiley21.gif

Forrest now fights a white clubfighter named Jason LeHoullier on Showtime.

LeHoullier is too unskilled to give Forrest any serious problems.

There are a number of white fighters at 154 who would defeat Forrest though - Sergiy Dzinziruk, Lucas Konecny, Jamie Moore, etc.

Blue Devils

Mentor
The WBC elevated Martinez to full champion due to Forrest's refusal to fight him. That gives us another champion below middleweight
smiley1.gif

Kermit Cintron defeated Alfredo Angulo by decision last night. According to fightnews the match was an eliminator for the WBC belt.

Looks like we'll be seeing Martinez-vs-Cintron II in a few months.

Westside

Hall of Famer
This is a match not to get too excited about. Winky is "be there, done that" also he could put a rabbit out of the hat a win a boring decision over Sergio. If I was him I would unify the titles with Sturm or Sylvester. Those bouts could be huge in Europe.