Sergey Gulyakevitch

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
fightnews

Super featherweight Humberto "Betilllo"Â￾Gutierrez (25-1-1, 19 KOs) will take on WBC #1 rated Sergey Gulyakevitch (26-1, 12 KOs) for the WBC interim 130lb title on Saturday at the Auduitorio Municipal in Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico.

In the co-feature will be the third clash in the trilogy between IBF minimumweight champion Raul "Rayito"Â￾ Garcia (26-0-1, 16 KOs) against Sammy Gutierrez (21-4-2, 12 KOs). In the first two confrontations, "Rayito"Â￾ came out with a split decision win and a draw.

The bout between Gutierrez and Gulyakevitch was originally expected to take place in Gulyakevitch's native Belarus, however with help from Baja California Sur government, the bout landed in Mexico instead. Gutierrez was prepared to go to Belarus, however he continued his training in the Otomi Mountains located in the State of Mexico confident that the bout would be contested on home turf.

Gulyakevitch and his team arrived last Tuesday in Mexico City. On Thursday both Sergey and Humberto Gutierrez checked into a well-known hotel in Cabo San Lucas, to complete their preparations.

Gulyakevitch said in Mexico City during a press conference, "I am determined to bring the world title to my country."

G

This is awesome news, I always knew Gulyakevich would be fighting for a title. He's responsible for one of my favorite Ko's ever:

[TUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ylgekp7hu4[/TUBE]

Watch the vid, you won't be disappointed. Dude has crazy snap on his punches.Edited by: Kaiser_Sose

Blue Devils

Mentor
Great news! I have his fight with Vitali Tajbert on dvd. Tremendous fight that was. His opponent Gutierrez has a good record but has fought nobodies, in his last fight he won a majority decision over an 8-7 fighter.

Gulyakevich-Gutierrez will be televised on the Spanish language network Azteca TV. Strangely enough, Azteca TV is one of the 2-3 free Spanish channels I get on my cable package. So I'll be watching
smiley1.gif

Blue Devils

Mentor
Gulyakevich lost a close majority decision to Gutierrez in Mexico. The first four rounds cost him the fight in my opinion. After he adjusted to the southpaw style of Gutierrez he got the better of the later rounds but those first four rounds came back to bite him. I knew right away that the judges weren't gonna to take it easy on him when he was deducted a point in the fourth. Had it not been for that, one of the judges would have scored the fight in favor of Gulyakevich. Anyway Gulyakevich is still a world class fighter and one of my favorite fighters to watch. I would love to see a rematch between the two, preferably on a neutral site.

From Fightnews.com

In a clash for the vacant WBC interim super featherweight title, WBC #3 Humberto "Betillo" Gutiérrez (26-1-1, 19 KOs) won a hard fought twelve round majority decision over #1 rated Sergey Gulyakevitch (26-2, 12 KOs) on Saturday night at the Municipal Auditorium in Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico. It was a good back-and-forth scrap with the heavier handed Gutiérrez winning by scores of 113-113, 115-111, 116-110 for Gutiérrez. Gulyakevitch was deducted a point round four for twice spitting out his mouthpiece. Gutiérrez is now in line to face WBC 130lb champion Humberto Soto, although Soto may move up to challenge WBC lightweight champion Edwin Valero on the November 14 Pacquiao-Cotto card.Edited by: Blue Devils

Blue Devils

Mentor
Gulyakevich rebounded from his loss to Gutierrez with a points win over Jevgenijs Kirillovs.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Sergey stopped Georgian Nikoloz Berkatsashvili in two rounds. He improves to 28-2(13)
smiley32.gif
Edited by: Blue Devils

Blue Devils

Mentor
From Boxingscene

Belarus jr lightweight Sergey Gulyakevich will fight Nicaraguan Rene Gonzales in a WBC eliminator. According to a paper in Nicaragua WBC champ Vitaly Tajbert will defend the title May 29 against Humberto Rodriguez in a rematch and then take on the winner of Gonzales-Gulyakevich. There is neither date or site set for the eliminator though.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Sergey will have a tune up fight today in England against Georgian Nugzar Margvelashvili 17-7(7).

Blue Devils

Mentor
Blue Devils said:
Sergey will have a tune up fight today in England against Georgian Nugzar Margvelashvili 17-7(7).
From Fightnews

WBC #2, WBO #7 and IBF #8 super featherweight Sergey Gulyakevich (29-2, 13 KOs) continued his road back to another title opportunity with the points victory over Georgian Nugzar Margvelashvili (17-7, 7 KOs). A sole score was 59-55

Blue Devils

Mentor
From Boxingscene

Also, WBC #1, WBO #5 and IBF #8 ranked super featherweight Sergey Gulyakevich (31-2, 13 KOs) continued his campaign for another shot at title with an easy unanimous decision against Czech-based Armenian Araik Sachbazjan (12-16, 5 KOs) over six round. Gulyakevich decked a durable import in the first but had problems finding the job done as the Armenian showed an extreme courage to last till the final bell.

"We are waiting for the WBC congress, which opens on Oct. 31. Sergey will either be installed as a mandatory challenger for a winner of upcoming WBC title fight between Takahiro Aoh and Vitaly Tajbert, or will be offered yet another eliminator â€" probably against WBC Silver titlist Eduardo Escobedo"Â￾, said Valery Kaplia by phone.