Second Korean War

Menelik

Mentor
I spent two years in the R.O.K. while in the army. Tensions have always been high between the north and south. The north regards us as an imperialistic power totally in control of the puppet south. We have about 28,000 troops in the south mainly 8th army 2nd Inf. Div. I just hope it calms down.

http://tinyurl.com/2fuko62Edited by: Menelik

Charlie

Guru
A war at this time will not benefit China so it won't happen. Not to say it won't happen in the future.

Has the idea of South Korea simply invading North Korea been considered? It would a quick takeover, especially if the South Koreans bring lots of food to pass out. 'Die for the Great Leader or have a decent meal with my brother from the South? Hard choice to make. You have kim chi?!'

white is right

Hall of Famer
I can't see much troop moral from the North and fuel supplies would be low for tanks and planes. Plus the generals and other officers are probably poorly trained and hamstrung by the despotic leadership. Only China and their presence is the reason why the North is still a viable government. I'm surprised that Beijing hasn't quietly approved a coup of some sort to relieve the "Glorious Leader".

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
It is strange to see such an increase in aggression from the pathetic North Korean government. I don't understand what they are trying to do, except maybe make the U.S. look bad. Even though we still have a lot of troops there, I hope we don't get involved in it (maybe wishful thinking). I wouldn't mind watching the South Koreans kick tail on their own peninsula though.
Edited by: Colonel_Reb

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Well it looks like North Korea has joined Specter and is going to demand a ransom for world peace.....http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/04/12/north-korea-rocket-launch.html

I think they are going to have to have a rocket that works before they can do that.

Maybe they can make a deal like israel and Egypt did and have the US send them several billions of dollars a year for not going to war. US leaders like sending our tax money to foreign govts, maybe North Korea can get in on it? South Korea has.

Actually I was hoping they would develop a rocket with the technology to reach Wash DC.