Search engine problems?

foreverfree

Mentor
I'm putting this on the NFL forum because two topics I recently searched for (in vain) on CF.us were NFL related.

One search was for "fat black linemen", of which there used to be a thread on this site.

Another search, conducted a couple of minutes ago was for "Lamar Hunt".

Both times I received the message
*ODBC driver does not support the requested properties. *

Has the CF archives been purged recently, Don?

John

backrow

Hall of Famer
i get that a lot, try searching for thread name only. search function has been weird for a while now.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
yeah, there's a problem with the search function, and like backrow said it's been that way for a while.

the only way it works is to search for the name of a thread, but you have to get it pretty dang close or it won't return results for that either.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, you have to search by using the thread name or a part of it, or by user name. I think the sheer volume of posts has overwhelmed the general search function and its capabilities.

For "fat black linemen" and other general searches you might be able to find the CF thread by Googling or using another search engine.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I wonder why the search for "fat black lineman?" Not commenting just curious
smiley2.gif

And BTW, that is another service of this fine site, the only place in the world that "fat black lineman" are given their (ahem) due. CF, a leader in diversity when it comes to athletics!!!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Good one jaxvid! There are quite a few CF threads that pop up on the first page or two of a google search.

backrow

Hall of Famer
jaxvid said:
I wonder why the search for "fat black lineman?" Not commenting just curious
smiley2.gif

And BTW, that is another service of this fine site, the only place in the world that "fat black lineman" are given their (ahem) due. CF, a leader in diversity when it comes to athletics!!!

good one! fat black linemen are like fat black chicks. they're big, nasty and go down easy
smiley36.gif

sorry couldn't help myself
smiley9.gif

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
foreverfree said:
foreverfree said:
Don, have you gotten in touch with the webmaster re this problem?

John

I guess not. Don probably doesn't care OWOA.

John

Keep trying the function, sometimes it works better then other times. Try to narrow your searches too, more words, specific catagories. I've had trouble on and off but usually get it to work.