Scotty Miller

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Makes you wonder what kind of agents these guys use? I mean shouldn’t there be some kind of niche where an agent can promote talented white guys at running back and wideout ?

I don’t know much about sports agents other than the stuff from TV which I assume is inaccurate as everything else on TV.

I do believe market failures occur and undervalued assets go unsold but this is pretty ridiculous. If I’m his agent I’m calling bellichick direct and telling him I’ve got a faster welker who won’t cause any clubhouse issues for you and telling him to show me a bid.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Short but good article on Scotty:

Scotty Miller​

The speedster probably isn’t showing up on many Falcons fans’ radars, but I’m excited to see him in Atlanta’s offense. His most notable play came during the Buccaneers’ 2021 NFC Championship game against the Packers. On Green Bay’s 39-yard line, Tom Brady dropped back and hit Miller in stride on the sideline for a touchdown, which extended the Bucs’ lead to 21-10 going into the half.

The 5-foot-9, 174-pound Miller had one of the most prolific plays in club history but rarely impacted games after that, recording only 28 catches over the past two seasons. Injuries plagued his 2021 season, and 2022 saw him virtually nonexistent in the offense, thanks to the additions of Julio Jones and Russell Gage to a receiver room that already featured Mike Evans and Chris Godwin.

Now, there are plenty of opportunities in Atlanta. He brings speed to a receiver room that doesn’t have much of it in Drake London, Mack Hollins, and KhaDarel Hodge.

“Scotty, he’s an instinctive player,” Arthur Smith said. “We know him pretty well having been in our division. He’s fast. His speed, you can feel it, even this time of year. His speed is real.”

He’s positional versatile as well. Though most view him as a slot wide receiver, which is what he played in college, he took most of his snaps on the boundary during the 2020 campaign. Most of Millers’ targets were also of the deep variety, so expect him to be the guy to take the top off defenses for the Falcons.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I love how they raved about his speed. Rare commentary for any white athlete. Refreshing to say the least! More of this honest
journalism is much needed these days in the both the sports world and the business world.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Short but good article on Scotty:

Scotty Miller​

The speedster probably isn’t showing up on many Falcons fans’ radars, but I’m excited to see him in Atlanta’s offense. His most notable play came during the Buccaneers’ 2021 NFC Championship game against the Packers. On Green Bay’s 39-yard line, Tom Brady dropped back and hit Miller in stride on the sideline for a touchdown, which extended the Bucs’ lead to 21-10 going into the half.

The 5-foot-9, 174-pound Miller had one of the most prolific plays in club history but rarely impacted games after that, recording only 28 catches over the past two seasons. Injuries plagued his 2021 season, and 2022 saw him virtually nonexistent in the offense, thanks to the additions of Julio Jones and Russell Gage to a receiver room that already featured Mike Evans and Chris Godwin.

Now, there are plenty of opportunities in Atlanta. He brings speed to a receiver room that doesn’t have much of it in Drake London, Mack Hollins, and KhaDarel Hodge.

“Scotty, he’s an instinctive player,” Arthur Smith said. “We know him pretty well having been in our division. He’s fast. His speed, you can feel it, even this time of year. His speed is real.”

He’s positional versatile as well. Though most view him as a slot wide receiver, which is what he played in college, he took most of his snaps on the boundary during the 2020 campaign. Most of Millers’ targets were also of the deep variety, so expect him to be the guy to take the top off defenses for the Falcons.

Though most view him as a slot receiver??

Is that how Tyreek Hill is viewed ?
Even positive articles can’t help but show ridiculous bias

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Though most view him as a slot receiver??

Is that how Tyreek Hill is viewed ?
Even positive articles can’t help but show ridiculous bias
I dunno, I would really like to see Miller used in a similar manner to how the Chiefs used Tyreek. He lined up everywhere, outside, slot, rb, you name it. All to utilize the speed. The Fins used him more conventionally to great success, but I think that Miller (and someone like Andy Isabella) would absolutely light it up if used in a "Tyreek" manner. I'm not holding my breath though.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
So arguably two of the fastest wideouts in the league are scraping to get playing time. I don’t know what their hands are like but that is remarkable.

Here’s hoping the guy who said “im faster than Tyreek hill gets a chance to prove it