San Francisco - sanctuary city

Bart

Hall of Famer
[url]http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/04/22/BAGA DPDGNF18.DTL[/url]

(04-22) 18:56 PDT -- Mayor Gavin Newsom vowed Sunday to maintain San Francisco as a sanctuary for immigrants and do everything he can to discourage federal authorities from conducting immigration raids.

The mayor cannot stop federal authorities from making arrests, Newsom told about 300 mostly Latino members of St. Peter's Church and other religious groups supporting immigrants. But no San Francisco employee will help with immigration enforcement.

"I will not allow any of my department heads or anyone associated with this city to cooperate in any way shape or form with these raids," Newsom declared. "We are a sanctuary city, make no mistake about it."

The Board of Supervisors first declared San Francisco a "sanctuary city" in 1989. The designation, which many U.S. cities across the country took on during the 1980s, has no legal meaning.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
That's so sick. San Francisco is a nice place. Forget the link to gays and other liberal causes. Is it so hard to ask politcians to honor the basic laws of our country? "Sanctuary city" is another term for illegal alien conspiracy. The FedGov should withold funds to the city like it does other places that disobey Federal Law. A tax sinkhole like that city would go belly up without hard working Americans that pay taxes (unlike illegal aliens) contributing to it's "welfare".

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
No suprise there. Pinko Mayor "Any Twosome" Newsom continues San Fransicko's (aka Sodom & Gomorrah West) ulta-lib legacy.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Beyond their liberal living wage law I don't have much love for that city. I really wonder if Abby Hoffman and his junta aren't running that city. Does that city have a nucleur family still living within the city?

Abby Hoffman killed himself years ago. His ghost might be running the city.

I was told a few years ago, that the gays are moving out of SF now that gays are tolerated in other parts of the country. The Castro district is getting smaller.
The gays seemed to be headed to Phoenix, AZ.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
screamingeagle said:
I was told a few years ago, that the gays are moving out of SF now that gays are tolerated in other parts of the country. The Castro district is getting smaller.

Yeh, there's a ton of fruitcakes down in Midtown Atlanta. That's on of the (many) reasons I stay away from the "ATL" (yo).
smiley2.gif

Bart

Hall of Famer
What the? We needsomeone in our governmentto stand up and do something about -Public Officials- who openly defy the law!! Are we in a banana republic?

http://www.news8online.com/stories/story.88213.html

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Oakland officials are joining San Francisco's mayor in taking steps that would prohibit city employees from cooperating with federal agents conducting immigration raids.

Separate resolutions introduced yesterday by Mayor Ron Dellums and by Council President Ignacio De La Fuente condemn recent raids by US Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials.

Earlier this week San Francisco Gavin Newsom pledged that San Francisco would remain a so-called "sanctuary city."

white is right

Hall of Famer
DixieDestroyer said:
screamingeagle said:

Yeh, there's a ton of fruitcakes down in Midtown Atlanta. That's on of the (many) reasons I stay away from the "ATL" (yo).
smiley2.gif
It's funny but fruitcakes have "revitalized" a lot of derelict inner city neighborhoods in various North American cities. If you want get rid of dime bag dealers in the city bring out the fairy patrol.......
smiley36.gif