RSS Feed?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Just curious if anyone uses the RSS feed and if so are there any ways it helps in participating in and keeping track ofthe board. I've used it very little andhaven't found any improvements over the traditional way of checking for new posts and threads.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
I've used this application very little, I'm unfamiliar with a lot of its features. It's called FeedDemon. I just subscribed to the Caste Football feed with it. Your post on this topic showed, and only this post showed up for some reason. All posts that followed should have been gathered I'm guessing. I know another feed for a forum was providing the posts. A nice feature is that your are able to click it so that the post at the site is loaded on a new tab in the program. You can login from there. There is a little popup to notify when a feed is being updated, keeping track of the board should be easy.

If anyone would like to play around with it, it can be downloaded here:
http://www.newsgator.com/Individuals/FeedDemon/Default.aspx

You can type keywords into it and it will search and find hundreds of feeds related if the topic is popular.

Here is a screenshot:

FDscreenshot1.png

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Interesting application, Quiet Speed. I never use RSS on any sites I frequent. To me, its easier to just go over and check the site.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
I've got to tell you Reb,. After using this thing the past couple of days, it's been working out splendidly. I've subscribed to the feeds of some often visited sites, and having things set-up and organized in this manner does seem to be more efficient. As I typed the last sentence, I received a pop-up (along with a little chime) notifying that Caste Football has 1 new message.
smiley1.gif
Of course, while watching some games today, I set up the Caste Football forum feed to be updated every five minutes. Had to keep tabs on the non-caste commentary in nearly real time.
smiley1.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I just might give Feed Demon a try then. I really enjoy having Forecastfox on my browser.