Roy Williams

booth

Mentor
Roy Williams announces his retirement today. The UNC coach calls it quits after 33 years. He coached in 1100 games and won 903 and 3 NCAA titles with UNC.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Huge news!
Crazy to think that Wisconsin Basketball gave this legend his last Loss.

He's had his share of talented gym rats over the years. Maye and Hansbrough immediately come to mind. Wasn't expecting him to retire !

booth

Mentor
There is a push already to replace Williams with Hubert Davis, a former player, and an assistant coach since 2013. However, he does not have any previous head coaching experience. Davis being black is a pretty good bet of getting the position. Could Coach K be next?

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Trying to blame Walker Kessler's decision to transfer. Boeheim chips in, says Kessler has wounded pride. I disagree, Kessler was jerked around by Ol Roy. He's mad that the former 5 Star recruit didn't want to serve a racial apprenticeship.. Don't blame him, he put up monster numbers in the games he was allowed to play in. Should have been more of a factor as a Freshman, don't care how loaded their frontcourt was.

https://247sports.com/Article/North...ssler-transfer-Jim-Boeheim-reaction-163495421

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Trying to blame Walker Kessler's decision to transfer. Boeheim chips in, says Kessler has wounded pride. I disagree, Kessler was jerked around by Ol Roy. He's mad that the former 5 Star recruit didn't want to serve a racial apprenticeship.. Don't blame him, he put up monster numbers in the games he was allowed to play in. Should have been more of a factor as a Freshman, don't care how loaded their frontcourt was.

https://247sports.com/Article/North...ssler-transfer-Jim-Boeheim-reaction-163495421
Right Bucky. Maybe Boeheim is butt sore that Kessler didn't come to Syracuse. Whatever the reason he felt he had chime in, more evidence of whites being their own worst enemy. Instead of piling on, he should be reaching out to Kessler. He's no doubt a tremendous talent.

booth

Mentor
I agree with you CS. Boeheim was upset because Kessler didn't go there. I am sure Kessler won't be going there now.