Ross Greenburg wants Adamek-Arreola II

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
The article does state that a rematch could happen if fights with Haye and Klitschko fall through. I expect Haye to duck Adamek. I don't think Adamek should go after Klitschko as he has virtually no chance.

Blue Devils

Mentor
smiley36.gif

Adamek beating Arreola really messed up ol' Greenburg's plans.

Tomasz gains nothing from beating Arreola again. He already proved he was the better fighter and did so in Chris' backyard.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Blue Devils said:
smiley36.gif

Adamek beating Arreola really messed up ol' Greenburg's plans.

Tomasz gains nothing from beating Arreola again. He already proved he was the better fighter and did so in Chris' backyard.

Exactly, there's no point in having a rematch. Arreola's rarely if ever fought away from a supportive Hispanic audience, so I don't think he'd do so well in front of a predominantly Polish-American crowd in New Jersey.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Yeah Tomasz should stay clear of the Arreola and not be talked into a rematch. It might be a pay day, but strive for the grail of greatness and the riches that accompined it.

On a side note, Calzaghe is talking of having a rematch with Bopkins in the United Kingdom. This is ill advised. Why? Joe has missed the limelight so what. He has been doing drugs and probably having drinking contest with Ricky Hatton. Joe, please stay retired. Become a trainer or color analysist. Do fight again. You fight against Bopkins you risk your great legacy.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Westside said:
Yeah Tomasz should stay clear of the Arreola and not be talked into a rematch. It might be a pay day, but strive for the grail of greatness and the riches that accompined it.

On a side note, Calzaghe is talking of having a rematch with Bopkins in the United Kingdom. This is ill advised. Why? Joe has missed the limelight so what. He has been doing drugs and probably having drinking contest with Ricky Hatton. Joe, please stay retired. Become a trainer or color analysist. Do fight again. You fight against Bopkins you risk your great legacy.

Are you serious? Joe shouldn't do it. The coke has probably shot his skills completely.

white is right

Hall of Famer
If they want Arreola to be a champion so bad why don't they invent an HBO belt for him.......
smiley36.gif
smiley2.gif
I don't like this rematch at all. There is a saying you don't go back to where you have been before.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
white is right said:
If they want Arreola to be a champion so bad why don't they invent an HBO belt for him.......
smiley36.gif
smiley2.gif
I don't like this rematch at all. There is a saying you don't go back to where you have been before.

I agree. It's a pointless fight. No need for Adamek to waste his time and energy on this, the money isn't very good, and he's not getting any younger. A fight with a Klitschko in Europe or New Jersey would mean a big payday for Tomasz.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Parody said:
white is right said:
smiley36.gif
smiley2.gif

I agree. It's a pointless fight. No need for Adamek to waste his time and energy on this, the money isn't very good, and he's not getting any younger. A fight with a Klitschko in Europe or New Jersey would mean a big payday for Tomasz.

It would be a very nice payday for Adamek. He has little chance but hey then he can say he truly did fight the best fighter.

guest301

Hall of Famer
white is right said:
smiley36.gif
smiley2.gif

A HBO belt for him,
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
. Good stuff white is right! Sounds like pro wrestling with all the invented titles such as Global champion, X division, Intercontinental,Junior heavyweight,TV Champion, etc... It wouldn't suprise me at all to see a future HBO and/or Showtime title being fought for in the future. Maybe a ESPN champion?

JReb1

Mentor
Adamek dominated Arreola and shouldn't risk a rematch with such a size difference when he can always get caught with something stupid with nothing to gain. Adamek should go for Haye first, if he bitches out than either Klit or maybe Povetkin with the winner facing a Klit. Haye can only avoid fighting Wlad, Vitali, Adamek and Povetkin for so long since those are the top 5 HW's...