Romney sheds tears again

Bart

Hall of Famer
He must be getting desperate or is making a huge push for the soccer moms.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20071218/D8TJHR480.html

(snip)

During a news conference afterward, Romney defended the tears, which came a day after he similarly choked up on NBC's "Meet the Press." He did so while recalling the relief he felt after the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the Mormon church of which he is a member, granted full privileges to blacks in 1978.

Oh God.

Deus Vult

Mentor
What a worthless pussy! At least Jorge W is not smart enough to be such a fake-ass charlatan. "W" tells evangelical Christians he's one of them, but doesn't invent lies about his alleged faith and doesn't tear-up like a sissy when recalling his alleged conversion.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Deus Vult said:
..but doesn't invent lies about his alleged faith and doesn't tear-up like a sissy when recalling his alleged conversion.

What lie did he tell about his faith, and did he cry about his conversion or the whole privileges thing for blacks?

Jorge W. claimed that he became a born again christian during a conversation with Billy Graham. Billy Graham, to his credit, claim this never happened. Graham claims that Jorge W. came to him stating that he was born again. It is sinful to lie about these matters, and of course destroys his credibility.
Is Jorge giving privileges to Blacks? I thought he wanted to give privileges to Mexicans and Moslems. Remember he held hands with the Saudi King.
I consider Jorge to the most womanly president. He even outwusses Jimmy Carter. I often joked that if Hillary Clinton is ever elected, she would be considered the second woman to hold that position.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
screamingeagle said:
Jorge W. claimed that he became a born again christian during a conversation with Billy Graham. Billy Graham, to his credit, claim this never happened. Graham claims that Jorge W. came to him stating that he was born again. It is sinful to lie about these matters, and of course destroys his credibility.
Is Jorge giving privileges to Blacks? I thought he wanted to give privileges to Mexicans and Moslems. Remember he held hands with the Saudi King.
I consider Jorge to the most womanly president. He even outwusses Jimmy Carter. I often joked that if Hillary Clinton is ever elected, she would be considered the second woman to hold that position.

I thought Deus Vult was speaking about Romney, not Bush. My questions were asking for specifics about Romney's actions. But I do recall the Billy Graham incident that you mention.

Deus Vult

Mentor
White Shogun said:
[
What lie did he (Bush) tell about his faith, and did he cry about his conversion or the whole privileges thing for blacks?

In my estimation, the lie Bush and his handlers told is that he is a committed evangelical Christian. Perhaps it is more an exaggeration than an outright lie, but I nonetheless think it reeks of dishonesty. Jorge probably believes in a God, and probably believes the Jesus story, but I am not convinced he lives his life a committed believer, the way most people who call themselves evangelicals do. I believe Rove convinced Bush he had to adopt this ploy to get elected. I believe Bush saw his father's 1992 loss and attributed that loss to his father's alienation from the evngelical subset within the Republican party.

Romney, on the other hand, strikes me as a Clinton-like liar. Jorge may say things that are not true, but he seems to believe what he says. His arrogance colors the way he views the world. Romney, it appears, is more a soccer-mom exploiting, Clintonesque charlatan. Clinton had that bottom lip thing he would do, to appear deeply moved and emotionally-invested. Romney is now coming across as one who might conjure a tear or two in order to manipulate women and minorities.

The real shame here is that white males -- still the largest voting bloc -- no longer punish candidates who pander to other blocs to our detriment. Romney indentifies with black-liberal causes, and most conservative whites give him a pass, like it is expected of all candidates, so it's not something we should hold against him. Romney should be trounced in the Southern states for comments derogatory toward the Confederate Flag, and comments lauditory toward the tragically misamed "civil rights movement" in the South. A great many whites who disagree with Romney's liberal racial views will ignore these transgressions when sizing up GOP nominees.Edited by: Deus Vult

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
What lie did Romney tell about his faith?

If you say Bush lied about X, but he didn't lie about Y, that implies that Romney lied about Y, but not X.

Bush didn't tear up over his conversion (unlike Romney, who cried during his conversion story?), or Bush didn't tear up over his conversion, like Romney did about blacks being granted full privileges in the Mormon faith.

Deus Vult

Mentor
White Shogun said:
What lie did Romney tell about his faith?

If you say Bush lied about X, but he didn't lie about Y, that implies that Romney lied about Y, but not X.

Bush didn't tear up over his conversion (unlike Romney, who cried during his conversion story?), or Bush didn't tear up over his conversion, like Romney did about blacks being granted full privileges in the Mormon faith.

WS, my only basis for comparison between Romney and Bush is that Bush may be better BECAUSE he is not as smart as Romney, and better BECAUSE he is so arrogant that he does not see a need to be manipulative. "W" probably never developed a talent for dramatic acting of the Clinton-Romney sort because he always believes he is right and everyone should agree (with him).

I have no reason to believe Romney is not 100% LDS, though he appears more liberal than the average Republican, and more liberal than the average Mormon. He ain't no Ezra Taft Benson!

When Romney says he cried tears of joy/relief at blacks being included in the LDS priesthood, he may be telling the truth (which is bad enough). For him to get misty-eyed retelling the tale, that's just creepy.

Whatever else "W" is, he is not slippery and manipulative.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
"Skull&Bones" Bush and "Flip" Romney are BOTH Globalist Elite controlled puppets & deceivers...and their voting records prove that point.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Romney is just a snake, pure and simple. Yes, he's (been) very liberal compared to most mormons, excepting Harry Reid. One of my LDS classmates said when he got to the "celestial kingdom" he was going to ask his god why he withheld the priesthood from blacks until 1978. If it wasn't so stupid, I would have laughed.

johnnyboy

Guru
Colonel_Reb said:
Romney is just a snake, pure and simple. Yes, he's (been) very liberal compared to most mormons, excepting Harry Reid. One of my LDS classmates said when he got to the "celestial kingdom" he was going to ask his god why he withheld the priesthood from blacks until 1978. If it wasn't so stupid, I would have laughed.

hahahahaha. i havea lot of mormon friends and i def. get those "mormon" moments. i have no problems with the LDS church banning blacks until 1978 but i do think a lot of mormons arent comfortable with admitting that bc they have a built in "we are not a cult" defense mechanism that forces them to try and distance themselves from anything people could use against them. thats why romney made such a production of the whole thing. personally, i dont care and if they didnt want to let blakcs in then thats their religious right. i just dont like it whenmormons try to pull a fast one and make up reasons other than race, as to why they didnt allow blacks til 1978.