Ritche Cramack

werewolf

Hall of Famer
This fight is tomorrow

Ritchie Carmack: I’m gonna outbox Maddalone

By Sam Geraci
Photo: Star Boxing

On Saturday, undefeated American heavyweight prospect Ritchie “Silverback” Carmack (12-0, 10 KOs) of Dalton, Mo., makes his second consecutive step-up in class when he takes on New York fan favorite Vinnie Maddalone (36-8, 27 KOs) in a ten round bout at The Paramount in Huntington, N.Y. disabilities as he is for his boxing abilities and strenuous training regiments, which include pulling vans like a World’s Strongest Man does, believes he is the most unique heavyweight and that he is on the cusp of competing against the division’s best.
At 24, 6-foot-2 and over 300 pounds with quick hands, fast feet and a successful amateur background, Carmack might be right. At the very least, with an impressive showing against Maddalone coupled with his devastating November knockout of Carl Davis (16-5, 12 KOs), a bout in which he was brought in to be bashed for Davis’s birthday, Carmack should position himself alongside 20-year-old prospects like Mexico’s Andy Ruiz, Jr. and California’s Alexander Flores as one of the most promising young heavyweights.
In the following interview with Fightnews, Carmack discusses his place in the division..."

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/ritchie-carmack-im-gonna-outbox-maddalone-196095

Here's an amateur video of him KO'ing Davis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9F0gee0kmk

Last edited:

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
I hate to be negative about any white boxer, but the truth is Carmack is just a fat slob and not worthy of our attention.

He's about the same height as super-middleweight Carl Froch, yet he actually weighs about the same as Nicolay Valuev. :frown:

werewolf

Hall of Famer
I haven't seen much of him but I'm guessing he's not just a "fat slob". He has an extensive amateur record. We'll see tomorrow.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I haven't seen much of him but I'm guessing he's not just a "fat slob". He has an extensive amateur record. We'll see tomorrow.
At that height and weight he is a "fat slob", but that doesn't mean he doesn't have some skills to beat a fighter like Vinny M, who is more worn than used pair of Air Jordans. He could be another Andy Ruiz or Chauncey Welliver. That said he has drop close to a 100 pounds before he can challenge anything close to a top 10 fighter. Interesting I have seen a photo of this guy posing with a fan in 08' and he looked close to a 100 pounds less, so either he took time off of training or his fiancee's cooking is rather rich...:tongue:

Last edited:

werewolf

Hall of Famer
At that height and weight he is a "fat slob...

No, not necessarily. It says he's a strong man, pulls vans or something. You wouldn't be calling someone like Paul Anderson who was 5'9" and weighed in the mid 300's a "fat slob".

Paul_Anderson%2C_durante_lo_squat_con_una_ruota_di_carro.jpg

Paul Anderson

And I'm not defending fat slobs. I can't stand 'em, but I'm talking about People of Walmart fat slobs. Real fat slobs.

As for Andy Ruiz, another more or less white Mexican, he's doing all right. He has two fights coming up.

Note: Carmack's name is misspelled in the headline, but I can't fix it.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
No, not necessarily. It says he's a strong man, pulls vans or something. You wouldn't be calling someone like Paul Anderson who was 5'9" and weighed in the mid 300's a "fat slob".

Paul_Anderson%2C_durante_lo_squat_con_una_ruota_di_carro.jpg

Paul Anderson

And I'm not defending fat slobs. I can't stand 'em, but I'm talking about People of Walmart fat slobs. Real fat slobs.

As for Andy Ruiz, another more or less white Mexican, he's doing all right. He has two fights coming up.

Note: Carmack's name is misspelled in the headline, but I can't fix it.

We need to bump the Niggmeyer thread. That is one cool mixed fella.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Well, so much for the new Butterbean. He got KO'd in round 3.
Aside from the first Minto fight Maddalone really hasn't stunned any one that I would define as even a good clubfighter. So this loss doesn't look good for the future of Carmack. Maybe he can enter strong man competitions there may be more money in that then tank town fights on the midwest circuit.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
I remember that fight vs. Minto. It was a good one.

Can't find any video of the Maddalone-Carmack fight anywhere. Or even a full body photo of Carmack. But I saw one of him on his wife's Facebook page or something...and it is not pretty. The guy needs to trim down by 100 pounds, unless he's going for a People of Walmart photoshoot.