Reynolds will not play says Fisher

backrow

Hall of Famer
"Fisher says LB Reynolds won't play

NFL.com wire reports

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Oct. 25, 2006) -- Rob Reynolds, who is charged with domestic violence in Ohio, will not play for Tennessee against the Houston Texans, and Titans coach Jeff Fisher said that he asked the linebacker to leave the team's headquarters.

Police in Ohio filed misdemeanor charges of domestic violence, assault and criminal damaging against Reynolds for an episode Oct. 21 at his estranged wife's home in suburban Columbus. A judge will hear motions and set bond Oct. 26.

"I've made the decision he's not playing," Fisher said. "He was not here today. I did not permit him, I asked him to leave the facility. Whether he's here over the next couple days remains to be seen. I'm still gathering facts, but he won't play this weekend."

Reynolds, a fifth-round draft pick in 2004, has been playing on special teams.

"I'm still gathering facts," Fisher said.

Jeanine Hummer, city attorney for Upper Arlington, said that her office has agreed to let Reynolds' attorney ask Judge Scott VanDerKarr to waive Reynolds' appearance. If the judge accepts that motion, Reynolds' attorney can enter a plea with bond and a court date set.

"It's going to be the judge's decision. We've agreed not to object to having bond set in the case," Hummer said.

Jennifer Reynolds told police she did not want to press charges and did not sign the charges. Hummer said Jennifer Reynolds has declined to seek a protection order with the charges.

She told police Reynolds broke her phone and punched a hole in a wall after finding a man's number in her cell phone. When the couple went outside, she said, he pushed her against a wall with both hands. She was not hurt and her husband left the scene before police arrived.

The couple, whose divorce will be final Oct. 31, issued a joint statement saying they apologized for an incident they said was blown out of proportion and asked for their privacy. "

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/TEN/9754424

so how the f**k is this fair? i mean, Haynesworth stomps someone, Pacman Jones is another thug but the only guy that Jeff Fisher decides to punish is Reynolds for some minor argument... not making excuses for him, he shouldn't have pushed his wife but it's still blown way out of proportion...

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
"Pacman" got in trouble yet again the other day, accused of spitting on a woman outside a club, but he won't be treated like Reynolds. After rookie RB LenDale White spit on white safety Donnie Nickey in training camp, Fisher initially sided with White before changing his stance. Apparently the stress of having one of the least black-dominated teams last year has gotten to the Titans organization as they have done a nearly complete about-face this year.

voice

Guru
Jeff Fischer is a little punk. Period

Kaptain

Master
This is reminescient of when Bill Shraeder would publically be torn a new aarse by Mike Holmgren when ever he made a mistake. Gutless coaches love to show everyone how tough they are when they can finally dish out punishment to a lowly white player. These days you rarely if ever see a black player get reamed out by a coach. In fact, it is usually the black player that does the reaming. Most of today's coaches have become glorified cheerleaders. The job of coaching in the NFL apparently requires a complete lack of self respect.

Triad

Mentor
Titans' defensive tackle Randy Starks, banged his fiancee's head,Tuere Tene Rodriguez, against a towel rack and threw her over a chair during his domestic assault this August. She suffered actual injuries during the attack. Fisher suspended him for one preseason game. The assault occurred on a Friday or Saturday night and he rejoined the team on the following Monday.

And the league's smallest thug, Adam Jones, was involved in yet another nightclub incident. Jones recorded the first interception of his CAREER Saturday, yes he has one in 23 games. But since the Titans drafted him in April 2005, Jones has been arrested twice and drawn the attention of Metro Police on at least three other occasions.

Reynolds is the latest in a string of Titans players to be implicated in an off-field incident after Titans coach Jeff Fisher had issued a zero tolerance policy at the end of last season. Defensive tackle Randy Starks was arrested on a domestic assault before the Titans preseason game with New Orleans in August.

Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones, was arrested outside a Murfreesboro bar on disorderly conduct and public intoxication charges later that same month. Rookie defensive back Cortland Finnegan was also arrested this summer on a DUI charge.
Edited by: Triad

In ref to an earlier post: I one time saw Holgren grab Schrader by the face mask and scream like a maniac in his face for a long tirade over Schrader making a penalty on a punt play.

I was so pissed because I know this cowardly lard ars would never try that on Reggie White or even a no name negro player.

backrow

Hall of Famer
while i understand a punishment, i freakin hate double standards!

i think Fisher needs to go, he's done enough damage over last two seasons...

Triad

Mentor
After talking tough about Jones on the radio Monday, Fisher suspended Jones from this week's game at Jacksonville for Jones after spitting in a woman's face in a bar for the second time in two months.
His comments were so tough many, including the Tennessean's main sports guy, David Climer, were predicting a four game suspension, not hardly.

Full Story

backrow

Hall of Famer
goddammit, grow some balls Fisher... this punk shouldn't even be in NFL anymore...