Retro Night at NBC

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
My God, the blatant racism. NBC's studio crew consisted of Bob Costas, Cris Collinsworth, Keith Olbermann, and Dan Patrick. Al Michaels and John Madden called the game. Oh, the racist horror of it all. . . six white men. I mean, it was almost like watching the NFL Network and ESPN with their all-black and nearly all-black crews. Have terrorists taken over NBC? Where's Reverend Al and Je$$e Jackson? Where's ABC, CBS, CNN, the New York Times and McPaper? Get on it, this type of racism cannot stand in a diverse, multicultural, multiracial land of equality. Please, get an all-black investigative crew from the NFL Network on this case.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised it there is not an article on some sports site tomorrow lamenting the crew's lack of diversity.

I smell a Sheila Vapid-Breathless news report coming out soon.. lol.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
My God, the blatant racism. NBC's studio crew consisted of Bob Costas, Cris Collinsworth, Keith Olbermann, and Dan Patrick. Al Michaels and John Madden called the game. Oh, the racist horror of it all. . . six white men.

That islike, soun-American!
smiley13.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Maple Leaf said:
If you watched it you may have just as well have put a dollar in each one of those stooges pockets.

Really? How's that?

Explain please.

Maple Leaf

Mentor
Shogun: It's quite simple really. Watching a program gives the program viewing ratings. The more ratings, the more money the networks can charge interested advertisers. Watching is like buying it. Therefore watching that NFL program is the same as supporting it, or purchasing it, or "...putting a dollar in each one of those stooges pockets...".
If one does not like the product, do not buy it. I do not like the NFL so I do not watch it. Watching it on television is like purchasing a ticket because the NFL sells ratings as much as it sells admission tickets at stadiums.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
How do they compile ratings? How do the NFL and it's advertisers know what television is tuned in to what channel? Nielsen? Do cable and satellite networks sell / provide channel data to the NFL?

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I love the fact that this country is supposed to be equal but blacks get so many positions solely on skin color. They just have to have black head coaches, assistant coaches, commentators, and even management. White Americans are no longer allowed to play our favorite sport, football.

White Shogun, I have never read or heard that the cable companies sell their viewing data but it is a marketable commodity and it would be a poor business decision not to sell it. I cannot envision an ad spot salesman not "sharing" this data with a potential client.