Resettle African villagers here

Bart

Hall of Famer
Just what we need. As if we don't have enough problems. The comments to this story are excellent.

[url]http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2007/04/help_sought_to. php[/url]
<DIV align=left>Karina Gonzalez, Chattanooga Times Free Press, April 16, 2007

Local resettlement coordinators are asking for community support as they prepare to welcome refugees from Tanzania.

"Chattanooga has been approved as a resettlement site for Burundians," said Anne Curtis, coordinator and sponsorship developer for Bridge Refugee and Sponsorship Services.

As many as 9,000 refugees from Tanzania, known as the "1972 Burundians," are being considered for resettlement in the United States. The refugees are known by the year of their initial exile from Burundi, located in the Great Lakes region of sub-Saharan Africa.

... Deborah Stein, program manager for Episcopal Migration Ministries, a New York-based group that works to resettle refugees, said up to 3,000 Burundian refugees will be resettled to the United States by the end of September. And up to 5,000 refugees from Burundi are expected to resettle in the county during the 2008 fiscal year, which begins Oct. 1, she said.

"They will resettle all over the country," Ms. Stein said.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Makes sense. Anorthernorganization sending them South, but hey, if the people go along with it, they are as much to blame.

Kaptain

Master
The town I live in Rochester, Minnesota has the highest population of Somalians in the country. We also have lots of immigrants from other African nations. The city is the fastest growing in the state. Yippee! Were turning into the third world.

Just today, the Rochester school board announced the hiring of the new Superintendent. Any guesses? He has poor credentials but was pushed by the NAACP and the local newspaper. He's a black guy from Haiti. I guess Rochester couldn't find any qualified Minnesotans. What a Joke. His number 1 priority reads "to lower the achievement gap". Code for: make white kids dumber. Edited by: Kaptain Poop

Triad

Mentor
A Jew from New York wants to settle thousands of Tanzanians in a predominantly white state. Makes perfect sense.

It's not as far a move to relocate them to Israel,
or maybe Ms. Stein could fit a dozen or so in her own home. Edited by: Triad

Bart

Hall of Famer
Kaptain Poop said:
His number 1 priority reads "to lower the achievement gap". Code for: make white kids dumber.

You speak the truth.

Lance Alworth

Mentor
Its not like it would really make much of a difference. The south is the blackest part of the country anyway. Hell, it practically should be named New Africa. I'm just glad they arent settling them in white states like Montana, Idaho, and Utah

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Being from the South, I appreciate that a lot Lance.
smiley5.gif

Kaptain

Master
Lance Alworth said:
Its not like it would really make much of a difference. The south is the blackest part of the country anyway. Hell, it practically should be named New Africa. I'm just glad they arent settling them in white states like Montana, Idaho, and Utah

Only problem is that they are settling them in those states too. Minnesota is a great example. As a kid in the late seventies I remember seeing my first black in Rochester at none other than K-Mart. It was a true rarity. Now you when you go to the mall it is mostly non-white. Gangs have become huge problem. Many white people falsely believe that it will never come to their neck of the woods - but it will.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I guess I'd rather see them taken somewhere else than where my family is, and where I will be as well. Why not take them to the multicultural mecca that is New York City?There is only one geographical region of the South I'd be willing to give up, the Mississippi Delta, and that is because it is already gone.