rb-kyle eckel

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Kyle had 24 rushes for 85 yards in the Emerald Bowl tonight. Not a great average per rush, but I watched a little bit of the game and Navy was very effective utilizing fakes to Echol quite a bit to set up other runners, particularly QB Aaron Polanco, who had a really nice game -- 101 yards passing with 1 TD and 136 yards rushing with 3 TDs. Kole McKamey, New Mexico's quarterback, rushed for 138 yards and 1 TD.

It's nice to see Navy return to football prominence. They won 10 games this year with a nearly all-white team. Let's hope the NFL gives Echol the opportunity he deserves to be a featured running back.

BTW, I didn't know anything about McKamey before this game but he looks like quite an athlete -- size, speed, arm strength, the works: http://golobos.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/mckamey _kole00.htmlEdited by: Don Wassall

kevin

Guru
one of my favorite safties the last few years is josh smith of navy. he has tremedous speed and agility. he made some key plays that helped navy get where they are.