Randy Moss

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Moss slowly walking off the field Sunday while his team still held a slight chance to win was a disgusting display. If the Vikings had recovered the onside kick, then their one play would have been a long pass to Moss, who would have been in the locker room by then. the game wouldn't have been allowed to be delayed to wait for the prima donna to return to the field.

Kudos to Matt Birk for actually confronting Moss on his behavior, according to press reports. Apparently no one else did, and none of his other teammates would be quoted as saying anything critical about his behavior.

It hardly needs to be stated on this site, but any white player, whether a superstar or just a regular player, who acted as Moss did would have been royally roasted by his teammates, coaches, the media, and the fans as a Ryan Leaf-like object of hatred and contempt. In fact some of his teammates would have probably attacked him in the locker room after the game. His name would be prominently and obligingly mentioned, for many years, as the epitome of selfishness and arrogance in sports.

Quite simply, it would be an unforgiveable crime if committed by a white. But Moss, as always, gets a little bit of criticism in the media then all is quickly forgotten. After all, that's "just Randy being Randy," another example of his intense competitiveness and the frustration he has when his team is underperforming.

IceSpeed

Guru
Randy Moss and Terell Owens are two prime examples
of players being stuck up, due to the NFL's pro "cultural
diversity"policies. Terry Glen is another example. All of
these players do not focus on winning the game as much as they
should. They put their image and performance before
winning. The NFL does nothing but promote these players like hell.

Spooge

Guru
Randy Moss would have been eaten for lunch had he played back in the day when recievers could be " bumped" held, etc. The NFL has worked overtime to downgrade the brutality of the game (unless your a white slot reciever) along with the integrity of the players. The NFL is perpetuating the Myth that Blacks are physicall and socially (non blamable for thier on field acitons) superior to whites.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Welcome to the board Spooge! You are right on about the rule changes that have come about to favor receivers, now almost all black, in the last 20 years. Another big, big, change is on pass interference. Referees will call pass interference on the DB all the time for no reason what-so-ever. Why? Nobody cares anymore. There are so many bad calls that it just doesn't make any difference anymore. The referee knows if he throws the flag, right or wrong, it makes no difference, nobody objects. If he does NOT throw a flag then he is open to criticism. Guys like Moss work over a DB pushing and shoving and never getting a flag. That gives the referee the option of picking and choosing who to penalize. Similar to fouls called in the NBA. One reason for the abscence of white defensive backs in the NFL is that coaches know they will get flagged every time no matter how well they defend a receiver. Just for being white.

IceSpeed

Guru
People like Moss make me sick. They think they are perfect and do
not need rules, because God blessed them with great athletic
ability. They have no concept of value and work-ethic. I
would like to see Moss at practice, if he ever actually shows. I
bet you he just dances. To beat a kid to death is a terrible
crime. A white kid would have his life wrecked if he beat a black
person that called him Opi or Whitey. But Randy Moss, lets give
him his millions for running pass routes. Also, he thinks he is
good. Go back to the 2000-01 conference championship. Watch
Sehorn cover Moss on ESPN Classic sometime.

The only Americans that should be in Iraq right now are stuck up
Professional Athletes. We should have a stuck up professional
athlete draft.

bigunreal

Mentor
Randy Moss would unquestionably be in prison if he weren't a pro
athlete. This guy's juvenile record was as bad as Corey Dillon's (and
THAT'S bad). Consider that this large, fast black athlete was turned
away from football factories like Notre Dame and Florida and had to end
up catching his passes at little Marshall University. Considering that
these big-time NCAA schools took the likes of Dillon, you can imagine
how bad Moss must have been for them to reject him. Just in the past
few years, Moss has been in a physical altercation with a stewardess
(which he absurdly claimed was started by her!) and ran his car into a
female police officer. Try doing anything remotely like that to any
police officer, anywhere, and see if you get the same kid-glove
treatment as Moss. The first step in cleaning up the NFL would be to
instantly get rid of its most odious thugs; Randy Moss, Corey Dillon,
Ray Lewis, etc.

Sean

Mentor
Isnt it sick that Moss is all th young kids favorite, when real heroes like Pat Tillman are soon forgotten. Edited by: Sean

G

people are over reacting. green bay fans moon the losing team when they leave
the stadium, i mean really moon them too. moss is just giving some of
it back to them.
Edited by: Imqu

IceSpeed

Guru
I do not know if Pat Tillman will be forgotten, but what he stood for
will be. He stood for contributing to a greater good. He
sacrificed a life of luxury for American liberty. People
sacrificing "bling bling" for morals will be forgotten due to people
like Moss. However, I think people will remember Pat
Tillman. I sure will.

Imqu, I do not think it is mature of Moss to moon fans(the paying
customers) after Ron Artest attacked fans. Also, it is more than
just this incident. It is a collective life of crime. The
only positive memory I have of Moss is him crying over Korey Stringer,
his fallen teamate.

bjan

White Pittsburgh fans come to rescue Moss!.......

On Friday night 1/14/05 a Pittsburgh news channel did a small spot on Steelers fan who "I kid you not" sit around in full Steelers regalia,"the night before the game". We were taken to a suburban game where mom,dad, and son were decked out in full Steeler livery.

Dad said he was so proud of junior because at approx. 8 years old he had so much knowledge of the NFL.
He then proceeded to ask his son if he knew what number Randy Moss wore,and of course the kid responded correctly.He then asked his son if he knew the name of the quarterback who threw to Moss,and son proudly said "yes dad,it's Duante Culpepper!

Later that night on a sports call in show "nightly sports call",host Bob Pompeani fielded a call from a man who in my estimation sounded Caucasion,and he said,"as these players travel the league,he is sure that they are called names by fans,maybe even the N word".He then went on to say that,"Greenbay fans are known to call out names such as this"!
He then went on to say that "Maybe Moss had justification for his antics" He did not say what justified Moss to push a meter maid down a street in minneapolis with his car!

But rest well folks,knowing from the stories above that Randy Moss has much support from the "White Western European community!

G

IceSpeed said:
Imqu, I do not think it is mature of Moss to moon fans(the paying
customers) after Ron Artest attacked fans. Also, it is more than
just this incident. It is a collective life of crime. The
only positive memory I have of Moss is him crying over Korey Stringer,
his fallen teamate.

Look i am not a fan of moss and show boating is lame, but considering what the fans do to the losing team it is understandable.

Bart

Hall of Famer
If Randy Moss gets traded, what team will land him? The rules were changed giving an edge to receivers and also QB's who can't pass well but throw it up hoping to get a flag. The league let T.O. break an iron clad contract to join Philly and help McNabb look good. Wonder if Moss will wind up in Atlanta?

kevin

Guru
if he goes to atlanta not only will they be way above the salery ca, but he will probably only have about fourty receptions next year.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It's rare when any of the national sports magazines allows a letter to the editor to be printed that isn't politically correct. That's why it was a pleasant surprise to see that Sports Illustrated ran a couple of short but good ones this week:

"Rick Reilly's 'Tips for TO and Randy (Moss)'. . . left out the touchdown celebration that would shock and astound everyone: shaking hands with the teammates who helped make the touchdown possible. Then again, it may be asking too much to think that a teammate deserves some credit." Rick Mancinelli, Cumberland, RI

"When did putting up six points become less important than the celebration afterward? Professional football players are paid to get into the end zone. They need not act like children when they do." Zach Schneider, Duluth

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Yes, more white guys wanting black players to act like white players which is never, ever going to happen. They are cluless!

robcat

Guru
It looks like Moss is going to be traded to the Raiders. That's a team he'll be able to be his complete jackass self on with Al Davis' blessing.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
After declining sales three years in a row, an article reported that Moss' Raider jersey is expected to be the number 1 jersey in sales this year. According to the article, he fits in with the Raider bad-boy image perfectly and should be extremely popular. Edited by: White Shogun

Bart

Hall of Famer
This story just bothers me. Mommy, daddy , can I please havea jersey with Randy Moss' name on it? Sure, why not, he's a great role model. The Mannings can't break the top 25 but Leftwich is at # 7 ?... this is totally insane. Peyton was only at # 20 last year after breaking records like a mad man but Byron is way ahead of him? !

NEW YORK (AP) -- Randy Moss' newOakland Raiders jersey is the best selling shirt in the NFL, and thePhiladelphia Eagles lead the league in merchandising sales after reaching the Super Bowl for the first time in 25 seasons. At the same time last year, the New York Giants' jersey of Eli Manning -- the first pick in the 2004 draft -- was seventh, even though he hadn't taken a snap in the NFL. His brother Peyton, the league's co-MVP for 2003, was 20th. Neither Manning is in the top 25 this year.

The No. 2 jersey belongs to Atlanta's Michael Vick for the second straight year. The other top 10 players, in order:Tom Bradyof New England; Donovan McNabb of Philadelphia;Ben

Roethlisberger of Pittsburgh; LaDainian Tomlinson of San Diego; Byron Leftwich of Jacksonville; Tampa Bay's Williams; and Jeremy Shockey and Tiki Barber of the Giants

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I think this is affected by the number of blacks who will wear more sports apparel than whites. Not to mention that pro sports jerseys are the #1 required item for gangstas, right after their "gat," who probably have multiple jerseys in their closets and wear nothing but jerseys.

I will be doing my part to buck this trend when I purchase my Matt Jones jersey, though.
smiley2.gif