Race and HS football in Arizona

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Interesting blog post about the racial make-up of Arizona HS football teams. Author concludes that the whiter the school the better the team. Something we here at CF have asserted for a while.

Race and HS football in Arizona

In Arizona, schools tend to gravitate to one of two poles: White schools or Hispanic schools. Overall Whites make up 45% and Hispanics make up 41% of all students, but individual schools tend to gravitate towards one pole or the other (although there are a few schools that stand out for their remarkable racial balance, listed at the end of this article***).

Blacks and Indians are small minorities in Arizona, each making up 6% of all students, but they are distributed in totally different ways. Blacks are distributed in single digit percentages almost everywhere, except for a band of schools in southeast Phoenix and Tempe where they jump into double digits. There are no schools in Arizona with a black majority. Indians, on the other hand, are congregated in high percentages in a small number of schools on or near Indian reservations.

The overall rule for high school football is plain: correlation between victory and high percentage of White students is pretty much airtight. I am tempted to call it an iron law. The Whiter the school, the better the football team. A 15% advantage in White student population almost guarantees a football victory.

Taco

Guru
Is football popular with Hispanics in Arizona? Or do they prefer el futbol?

StarWars

Mentor
This rule is even the case in the caste-driven NFL. Like J.B Cash's Whiter Shade of Winner Article and Jimmy Chitwood's Arkansas High school football article.

Bronk

Mentor
He's an interesting correlation to Arizona from Texas: Only ONE high school from the Meztiso-rich Rio Grande Valley has ever won a state championship in the Lone Star State. That is pretty well know among real high school football fans here.

There is an old term from my dad's time that few people these days have ever heard: "Mexican Athlete." It denotes a lack of abiltiy.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Bronk, what city, division, and year was that, do you know? I'd like some details. I took a cursory look via Google but couldn't find it.

Thanks.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Cool fact Bronk

G

Its on Steve Sailer's list, I trust him on his data collection and I trust that this blogger list has reputable data. BTW my old hometown was a powerhouse a few years ago and several hispanic surnamed kids were contributors, but they were evolving to be white, not stagnating to the Meztizo mean.