Quote from John Wayne

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The January issue of Playboy celebratesthe mag's55th anniversary with, among other features, interesting quotes from people who Playboy has interviewed over the years.

Here's what John Wayne had to say in May 1971: "We can't all of a sudden get down on our knees and turn everything over to the leadership of the blacks. I believe in white supremacy until the blacks are educated to a point of responsibility."

Here's "conservative" Bill Buckley (actually the great destroyer of the conservative movement) in May of 1970: "I would take great pleasure in the pride that would come to the black community if there were a Negro in the White House. I think it's worth working for."

And, last and least, here's Spike Lee from his July 1991 interview: "I've never seen black men with fine white women. They be ugly, muggly dogs. You always see white men with good-looking black women."

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I have seen some black men with fine white women. I don't know what the attraction is but I am sure it is not looks.The way the media hypes up black athletes this is to be expected.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the quote from John Wayne, Don. I think I'll have to spread that one around a bit. I have seen few black men with good looking white women. They are usually ugly women.

Solomon Kane

Mentor
interesting quotes, makes me admire "the duke" all the more.

before buckley sold out his sentiments were similar to Wayne's.

(as a partial defense, perhaps buckleyhad in minda conservative black president)

re: spike lee--his observation seems to be mostly true. I don't like the way his movie jungle fever promoted race mixing, and thefact thatitcast the beautiful white anabella sciorra as the girlfriend of a black guy.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Great quote from the legendary Duke!
smiley32.gif
BTW, most mudsharks are indeed fat, sloppy and "fugly".