Pro Boxer comes out as Gay

Hey guys, Ive been posting on this website for about one year now, and previous to that I had been lurking for about 2 or 3 years. I'm happy to say that this website is, in my opinion, the most interesting, often times brutally honest, and intelligent dialogue available for boxing fans on the Internets. I love that its so politically incorrect, alternative, and brutally honest to the point it says things no other site will, but nonetheless are true.

Of course, I am also a lifelong supporter of European Boxing Scene, and this forum is a niche for that. I am happy to be with the forum :)

I came across some boxing news the other day and wanted to get everyone's opinion from this site. I do expect it might be a bit controversial for some people, but I also expect that the discussion will remain largely civilized.

smrti0.jpg

Source: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/boxing/story/2012/10/04/sp-boxing-orlando-cruz-gay.html

Puerto Rican Boxer Orlando Cruz, 18-2-1 (9) (Seems to be a mixed race between Latin-African, Id say he's primarily indigenous South American, with a bit of African thrown in) has made history in becoming the first and only boxer to announce that he is gay while actively boxing. He is the first ever active gay boxer.

There have been other gay or bisexual boxers in the past, but they have announced their sexuality and came out after their career was over, which essentially nullifies the announcement. Emile Griffith (gay black boxer who at one point was World Champion, came out after he had retired) and Mark LeDuc (gay white boxer who won a Silver Medal for Canada in the Olympics, came out after he had retired a short pro career) being two notable examples.

How does everyone feel about this and how does everyone see Cruz's announcement? Do you admire him as brave for coming out as gay while he is competing professionally? Or do you simply detest all homosexuals?

There doesn't really exist a racial component to this conversation, because the guy is not white.

Personally I consider myself largely conservative, right-wing on most principal issues (and racially-aware), but I have to admit that I admire his bravery and spirit for coming out as a gay man. Although I don't feel that homosexuality should ever be encouraged, I do believe it should be tolerated and I would never support any sort of persecution to gay people.

I find that mainstream society today tends to force homosexuality lifestyle acceptance as a norm upon people through the media, popular culture, and educational systems and I do feel that is wrong. Being gay, while should be tolerated, should never be encouraged or interpreted as "norm".

Boxing is a type of sport that is ultra-masculine, and a lot of people would never expect to find any gay boxers. But alas, there have been some. Boxing is a community where you won't receive any support at all, coming out as a gay man. Its much easier to come out as a gay member of the media, or dancers, figure skaters, etc than it is for a boxer.

I must admit that I take my hat off to Cruz because I find his announcement very brave, alternative, and nonscripted.

How does everyone else feel on this issue and how do you see it?

Last edited:

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
This is an interesting subject all by itself, why must a homosexual make an announcement to the world that he/she is "gay"? I, for one, couldn't care less. Why don't they just "do their thing" and go one with their abnormal lives? Why must they make a big show out of being queer? We all know the Culty-Marxy answer to this, to further promote this as normal, accepted behavior.

This is an interesting subject all by itself, why must a homosexual make an announcement to the world that he/she is "gay"? I, for one, couldn't care less. Why don't they just "do their thing" and go one with their abnormal lives? Why must they make a big show out of being queer? We all know the Culty-Marxy answer to this, to further promote this as normal, accepted behavior.

Well, in his announcement he said that he is a "Proud Gay Man". There have been thousands, upon thousands, literally probably 100,000+ pro boxers in the modern era, and this is the first guy to actually admit publicly that he is gay.

I think that speaks for the type of environment boxing is. Ultra-masculine, combative, nontypical homosexual environment. It's a lot easier for a dancer, figure skater, or member of the media/arts to announce he's gay than for a boxer.

I sympathize with his situation as a gay boxer and I admire him because he is different. And coming from an environment like boxing, it actually takes manhood and bravery to admit that he is gay. He's not a typical homo that you see in popular media or on the news. He is a very tough, masculine, strong guy.

Actually I would argue that his presence, as an ultra masculine gay boxer is somewhat contradictory to the archetype that Cultural Marxists would like to project about homosexuality (that is, primarily white, feminine, girly gay, pop culture artsy gay, just like the show "5 gays 1 girl").

Anyways, I just respect the guy for doing something no has done, being confident, and not being afraid to be different.

I think the reason he made the announcement is because nobody else has before. So maybe he felt gays were underrepresented in boxing, which is completely true, in fact they were nonrepresented before now.

Last edited:

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Actually there is nothing brave about his announcement. There is no one who would publicly criticize him and any other boxer that now uses a gay slur towards him will be punished whereas if he was assumed straight that wouldn't happen. Probably all his personal friends know about him anyway.

This is just more identity shopping. He will get a career bump, some extra publicity, sponsorships, fan mail. What's the downside? How is it brave again? It's not like someone is going to beat him up, and if they did it would be a hate crime when before it would have been just an assault.

The whole "coming out" is a gay agenda propaganda trick to play for sympathy and foist their agenda on reluctent normal society.

What really should happen?

He should be banned from boxing as his lifestyle is known to cause various deadly infections which in a blood sport can be fatal to his opponents. He should be prohibited form being around young boys and should be put on a sex offenders list as he is an admitted sexual pervert and thus a danger to society.

Instead I expect him to be announced as some sort of hero or role model.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Hey guys, Ive been posting on this website for about one year now, and previous to that I had been lurking for about 2 or 3 years. I'm happy to say that this website is, in my opinion, the most interesting, often times brutally honest, and intelligent dialogue available for boxing fans on the Internets. I love that its so politically incorrect, alternative, and brutally honest to the point it says things no other site will, but nonetheless are true.

Of course, I am also a lifelong supporter of European Boxing Scene, and this forum is a niche for that. I am happy to be with the forum :)

I came across some boxing news the other day and wanted to get everyone's opinion from this site. I do expect it might be a bit controversial for some people, but I also expect that the discussion will remain largely civilized.

smrti0.jpg

Source: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/boxing/story/2012/10/04/sp-boxing-orlando-cruz-gay.html

Puerto Rican Boxer Orlando Cruz, 18-2-1 (9) (Seems to be a mixed race between Latin-African, Id say he's primarily indigenous South American, with a bit of African thrown in) has made history in becoming the first and only boxer to announce that he is gay while actively boxing. He is the first ever active gay boxer.

There have been other gay or bisexual boxers in the past, but they have announced their sexuality and came out after their career was over, which essentially nullifies the announcement. Emile Griffith (gay black boxer who at one point was World Champion, came out after he had retired) and Mark LeDuc (gay white boxer who won a Silver Medal for Canada in the Olympics, came out after he had retired a short pro career) being two notable examples.

How does everyone feel about this and how does everyone see Cruz's announcement? Do you admire him as brave for coming out as gay while he is competing professionally? Or do you simply detest all homosexuals?

You have posted the same nonsense time and time again! What is your point? We know you have been posting here for quite some time despite being banned a few times. Do I really care about some boxer being gay? Maybe you'd like to tell us about all the "white whores" you have slept with and what a "playa" you are again. Your posts are so fishy I am surprised none of the other respected members have picked up on you.

I expect him to be announced as some sort of hero or role model.

Funny, I expect the exact opposite.

If he was white, I would agree with you. Left wing media loves to emasculate white males.

But since he is not white, I don't think that the left wing media will see any benefit to publicizing his story
. He is a nonwhite, ultra masculine gay, and that pretty much goes against everything the left wing, liberal, cultural marxist media would have you believe and see about homosexuality.

I expect this story to be swept under the rug. His type of masculine homosexual is not useful to the left wing media.

Actually there is nothing brave about his announcement.

He should be banned from boxing as his lifestyle is known to cause various deadly infections which in a blood sport can be fatal to his opponents. He should be prohibited form being around young boys and should be put on a sex offenders list as he is an admitted sexual pervert and thus a danger to society..

I find his announcement brave because the environment of boxing is not typically welcoming of homosexuality. I admire him because he is confident, different, and nonscripted. He's an alternative lifestyle.

I dont agree with the rest of your comments and you seem to be too hateful, and less rational in my opinion. Ill leave it at that.

I am very conservative personally, but I wouldnt go so far as to your comments here...

Last edited:
You have posted the same nonsense time and time again! What is your point?

My point is that I am a boxing fan, and I consider this to be the best, and most intelligent boxing forum on the Internet. So when I see something that interests me, such as this story, I like to post it here and see what people think of it.

There are a lot of smart posters here and Id like to see their take on it.

Hopefully thats OK with you. If you dont like the subject or are uncomortable, then I dont mean to be rude, but maybe you shouldn't post in the thread.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
My point is that I am a boxing fan, and I consider this to be the best, and most intelligent boxing forum on the Internet. So when I see something that interests me, such as this story, I like to post it here and see what people think of it.

There are a lot of smart posters here and Id like to see their take on it.

Hopefully thats OK with you. If you dont like the subject or are uncomortable, then I dont mean to be rude, but maybe you shouldn't post in the thread.

Your wish is my command. I don't want to start this thread into another war so I will not post in it any longer.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Funny, I expect the exact opposite.

If he was white, I would agree with you. Left wing media loves to emasculate white males.

But since he is not white, I don't think that the left wing media will see any benefit to publicizing his story
. He is a nonwhite, ultra masculine gay, and that pretty much goes against everything the left wing, liberal, cultural marxist media would have you believe and see about homosexuality.

I expect this story to be swept under the rug. His type of masculine homosexual is not useful to the left wing media.

I find his announcement brave because the environment of boxing is not typically welcoming of homosexuality. I admire him because he is confident, different, and nonscripted. He's an alternative lifestyle.

I dont agree with the rest of your comments and you seem to be too hateful, and less rational in my opinion. Ill leave it at that.

I am very conservative personally, but I wouldnt go so far as to your comments here...

You're misrepresenting yourself. No conservative would offer such over the top enthusiasm for a boxer who admits he is a homosexual. You "admire" him, you "sympathize" with him, you "respect" him. What crap.

I stick by my assertion that there is nothing at all "brave" about his coming out. It will have virtually no negative repercussions and a lot of positive results for him. How is that brave?

And your claim that he doesn't fit the left wing and gay agenda because he is masculine and not a fairy is bullsh*t. They pine for straight acting **** so they can go "look, we're just like everyone else". You couldn't be more wrong about that.

What did I say that was hateful? Everything I stated was exactly what would have happened a generation ago, just because you and others of your generation are *** hags and think that because the cultural marxists have turned morality on its head that what is morally right is now "irrational" doesn't mean I have to change.

You're misrepresenting yourself. No conservative would offer such over the top enthusiasm for a boxer who admits he is a homosexual. You "admire" him, you "sympathize" with him, you "respect" him. What crap.

I stick by my assertion that there is nothing at all "brave" about his coming out. It will have virtually no negative repercussions and a lot of positive results for him. How is that brave?

And your claim that he doesn't fit the left wing and gay agenda because he is masculine and not a fairy is bullsh*t. They pine for straight acting **** so they can go "look, we're just like everyone else". You couldn't be more wrong about that.

What did I say that was hateful? Everything I stated was exactly what would have happened a generation ago, just because you and others of your generation are *** hags and think that because the cultural marxists have turned morality on its head that what is morally right is now "irrational" doesn't mean I have to change.

Well its hard to describe myself politically with just one word. On most issues I am conservative and/or right wing. I believe marriage should be between one man and woman, I also don't believe in no fault divorce. Further I prefer traditional roles of men and women in society. I don't see men and women as equals, and I don't think that feminism liberates women, rather I think it enslaves them. In terms of justice and morality I am also very conservative.

With regard to gays, as I said, I don't think it should ever be encouraged as a lifestyle. But I think to a degree it should be tolerated. I am not anti-gay, and I'd never persecute someone on account of their sexuality.

There is absolutely nothing about a nonwhite, masculine gay guy that the left wing would find useful. His presence is entirely contradictory to left wing rhetoric. Left wing would have you view homosexuality as primarily white and emasculated. This is profoundly far from the truth, though.

Also, I dont think coming out as a gay will do him any favours in Puerto Rico, as the Caribbean, Middle East, and Africa are among the most homophobic places on Earth. I also dont think it will advance his boxing career in anyway.

I find him brave, charismatic, and unique.

Maybe my views are messed up, or different than yours. And thats fine, I wasn't expecting everyone here to agree with me in this thread.

Personally I find your views hateful and derogatory. But thats just my opinion, and you are fully entitled to your opinion. Thanks for commenting :)

white is right

Hall of Famer
Well its hard to describe myself politically with just one word. On most issues I am conservative and/or right wing. I believe marriage should be between one man and woman, I also don't believe in no fault divorce. Further I prefer traditional roles of men and women in society. I don't see men and women as equals, and I don't think that feminism liberates women, rather I think it enslaves them. In terms of justice and morality I am also very conservative.

With regard to gays, as I said, I don't think it should ever be encouraged as a lifestyle. But I think to a degree it should be tolerated. I am not anti-gay, and I'd never persecute someone on account of their sexuality.

There is absolutely nothing about a nonwhite, masculine gay guy that the left wing would find useful. His presence is entirely contradictory to left wing rhetoric. Left wing would have you view homosexuality as primarily white and emasculated. This is profoundly far from the truth, though.

Also, I dont think coming out as a gay will do him any favours in Puerto Rico, as the Caribbean, Middle East, and Africa are among the most homophobic places on Earth. I also dont think it will advance his boxing career in anyway.

I find him brave, charismatic, and unique.

Maybe my views are messed up, or different than yours. And thats fine, I wasn't expecting everyone here to agree with me in this thread.

Personally I find your views hateful and derogatory. But thats just my opinion, and you are fully entitled to your opinion. Thanks for commenting :)
You could argue in his culture it's much more heroic than a fighter from a Western Euro or American background. Latino men are very macho and violence in rural areas against homosexuals is fairly common(Jamaica is similar). The famous Griffith Paret rematch where Griffith killed Paret on national tv, the bad blood between the fighters was because Paret called Griffith a "maricon" repeatedly during the press conferences and weigh in. Years later Griffith was himself nearly beaten to death on the streets in upstate New York and the stories of the two beatings was made into a documentary called Fire and Ice.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Yeah, I read about this "proud gay man". So what's to be proud about being a pervert? That's something to be proud of?

Now ban him from boxing because chances are far greater that his blood is tainted with deadly AIDS than a normal person, and who would want to take that risk in a sport where blood is often flying all over the place into open wounds?

Last edited:

werewolf

Hall of Famer
But then they've had two homosexual presidents in a row in what was once the USA, so maybe in what's left of this country being a pervert is considered something to be proud of.

bushhugsgannon2.jpg

The previous "proud gay man" in chief snuggling up to his White House live-in boyfriend, male prostitute, Jeff Gannon.

images

And the current proud gay man-in-chief

ww

I really think you guys are getting carried away when you say he needs to be banned from boxing, or label him a pervert for being gay.

Personally I think people are born gay, I don't think he has a choice, so I don't think he should be persecuted for his behaviour/desires. Also being Puerto Rican and living in Puerto Rico, coming from that culture it really takes some balls to admit youre gay. He's not coming from a "Western" culture like North America or Europe.

Also being a pro boxer, and coming out. I respect that and not a lot of guys would have the guts/audacity/strength to do that. He is very unique, and I always respect people who do unique, outlandish sort of things.

Im probably younger than a lot of you (I'm 23, going on 24 next month), so maybe that helps to explain our different views on this subject. On the subject of race I am much more conservative, and I always support Caucasians. But in terms of sexuality I would say I am tolerant.

To clarify my position: I don't support gay marriage, and media trying to bombard people with accepting homosexuals as normal. However I would say I am tolerant of gays as a minority lifestyle, as long as its not being pushed on me, or others.

Fair enough and we can agree to disagree. Although I don't agree with you guys I would say that I respect your opinion and thank you for commenting. :)

Last edited:

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
To me, it's not a big deal.

Although I don't like the pro-gay agenda of the mainstream media, I don't feel threatened by gays - after all, they don't rape our women and are not inclined toward savage violence.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
"Although I don't like the pro-gay agenda of the mainstream media, I don't feel threatened by gays - after all, they don't rape our women and are not inclined toward savage violence. "

Just children. Homosexuals don't reproduce, they recruit. Rampant homosexuality is signaling the death throes of our civilization and race. Homosexuality is not the way that a race survives. Savage violence? What about their victimizing normal men in prison? I just watched an interesting documentary (It's on Youtube) about new info on the depression era outlaws Bonnie and Clyde. Clyde turned vicious only after he was homosexually assaulted after being sent to a hellhole prison for car theft.

"I really think you guys are getting carried away when you say he needs to be banned from boxing, or label him a pervert for being gay. Personally I think people are born gay..."

I'm not calling him a pervert for being gay, that is, carefree and happy. I'm calling him a pervert because he said he's a pervert. And that's another thing that pisses me off about perverts, they have stolen a valuable word, gay, from the English language.

As for being born that way, probably partly true, but the pervert "lifestyle" is also hustled night and day by the talmudic media meisters in an effort to destroy the host civilization - and there are far too many people being born that way too. I suspect that it is something in the food or water, possibly industrial pollution, possibly even deliberate, as in James Tiptree's "The Screwfly Solution". It even extends down to the lower animals, male fish being born with diminished male characteristics, for instance.

I don't wish to harm individual homosexuals. They have always been around. Some extremely brilliant and talented people have been homosexual. But they belong "in the closet". It's nothing to be "proud" of. And there are far too many of them now, and they have far too much social and political power.

ww

Last edited: