Pride

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I saw an advertisement on the tube about a Fedor v Noguiera bout coming up, so I thought I'd check out the Pride website for info.

But first I thought I'd check out the results from the Pride fight Oct. 25. Interesting results:

Crokop decision over Josh Barnett
Sakuraba TKO Ken Shamrock 1st round at 2:27
"Rampage" Jackson KO Hirotaka Yokoi 1st round at 4:45
And some black guy named "Zulu" TKO win round 1 over a guy who looks white, named Henry Miller.

As for any upcoming fight cards, I couldn't find them. Pride's site is piss poor, hard to navigate and rarely updated. If anyone has info on an upcoming Fedor fight, please let us know.

smiley20.gif

G

I havn't heard anything about Fedor fighting Nog, although there have been rumors of Fedor fighting on the NYE show. I doubt it would be against Nog, they have already fought 3 times, Fedor won twice and one was ruled a no contest due to an accidental cut.

Fedor litearly owns the HW division, there is no one left for him to beat. He has not fought Barnett, but Barnett just lost to Cro Cop, so I seriously doubt they'll fight. Sergei Kharitonov is another possibility.

The three fights I have heard confirmed for the NYE show are...

Gomi vs Sakurai for the LW title
Henderson vs Bustamante for the WW title
Naoya Ogawa vs Hidehiko Yoshida

About that Oct. 25th card, it wasn't that great. The fights were all pretty lackluster. And don't worry about that Zulu guy doing anything in MMA, he did not look good in his fight and that was one of the worst stoppages you'll ever see in a fight. I'd love to see James Thompson or Alex Emelianenko knock him out.

Zulu2.JPG

guest301

Hall of Famer
I saw the rematch between Wanderlei Silva and Quentin "Rampage" Jackson on Pride's show on FSN today. Rampage took the first round on points and Wanderlei proceeded to knock out Rampage with a series of knee strikes to the face with the last one being a form of a knee uppercut to the chin that knocked Rampage into the ropes and trust me..he didn't get up for a while. I hope Liddell gets his rematch with the guy and the latest rumor is "Rampage' is coming to the UFC. In a prefight interview on FSN..Rampage repeated the ebonics saying over and over again "If you know what I am saying" "If you know what I am saying"..does he know how dumb he sounds when he talks like that?

White_Savage

Mentor
Yeah, Zulu, or "Fat Bas-tard's Jungle Love Child" looked REAL good in his fight with Fedor.

Pride keeps a few Black clowns around because the Japanese like a wide cross section of fighters.

I believe Jackson beating Chuck the first time is about the same as Penn beating Matt Hughes the first time. An odd fluke, if you notice Jackson beat Chuck in approximately the same way Randy did...good standup, frustrating him by not letting him land one of his Russian hooks land. I think Liddell was once a guy who could sometimes be lacksadaisial in training, but not anymore, especially against any guy he's lost to.

Iron

Guru
Saturday,all round was a great night for white fighters.At the recent Japanese Pride Bushido show White fighters from Brazil and the US emerged victorious in four of their five bouts with Japanese opponents.And the only white/Black matchup between white Canadian Kang and Mark Weir from Britain ended when the young Canadian overpowered and submitted the Black Brit.Edited by: Iron

Poacher

Mentor
MMA rocks! No wonder the ESPN people hate it so much...white boys winning all around and beating coloreds no less.

I was considering doing my own little statistical study of UFC just to see the actual winning percentage of whites vs. black fighters. I ran into trouble though trying to find pictures of some of the earlier fighters. But what I did find was interesting because it seemed that there were more blacks participating in the early days than there are now. Can anyone corroborate or refute this for me? If this is true it would be a real hurdle for the "blacks just aren't intersted in MMA" afro-philes out there.

Anyway, Bushido 10 worked out well for our folk. Well done.

Gary

Mentor
Fedor Emelianenko is 6'2 233 and his "little brother" is 6'4 254 [Alekisander]. These two guys could be my bodyguards anyday. I read where Fedor is the "most feared man in Pride". This Russian Sambo/Judo seems to be a very good fighting art, I heard this is taught to the Russian Army. Commando Sambo is taught to there Special Forces.
Also a Ukrianian Igor Vovchanchyn seems to be a real tough guy, not real big 5'8 230 but can he ever punch!!My son is learning Hapkido and is doing a report on UFC and Pride for an English class in high school.
By the way do any of you men know much about these Pride fighters-Achmed Labasanov, Ibragim Magomedov and Sergei Kharitonov?