Preseason week 2 positives

backrow

Hall of Famer
Heath Evans got 28 yards on 5 carries, best runningback of the game (NE QB Cassell had 31 on 5 runs)plus he added 2 receptions for 14 yards including a TD! another Pat, Cobbs (incidentally a black guy) had 8 carries for 26 yards and he fumbled once... Dan Klecko had 2 sacks in this game... Leinart looked ok for Cards, had couple of nice scrambles...

Chase Blackburn, LB was a leading tackler for Giants...

Justin Smith, DE had 5 tackles for bengals, including 2 sacks and a FF...

John Kuhn was Steelers leading man on the ground with 8 carries for 30 yards, after 2 pre-season games he's 1st on the team with 45 yards on 10 carries... he's actually bigger than Dan Kreider at 6' and 255 lbs
06_MN_KR_020_67909.jpg

Greg Camarillo Chargers WR led the team with 2 recs for 40 yards... Brian Urlacher had 3 tackles and an interception in the same game...

Tony Scheffler, TE, had a game best 4 receptions for 73 yards plus a TD for Broncos...

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i guess a white guy named Kuhn has thus far been able to fly under the white-detection radar.
smiley36.gif

congratulations to John and Heath for playing so well.
smiley32.gif
also, Dan Sheldon played very well last night for the Colts as both a return man and receiver. he led the team with four catches and had a 36-yard punt return. additionally, he drew a pass interference call in the end zone, and if the Colt QB hadn't terribly underthrown the ball he still would have been able to catch it.
smiley32.gif

in the frustration of Washington's screwing Jesse Lumsden, most folks missed the fact that receiver Jimmy Farris led the team in receiving with 5 catches for 65 yards.
smiley32.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I will try to watch some of the game tonight because I only saw about a quarter of the Colts game yesterday. My Dad got real upset when he saw that Peyton's backup is black.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
that was actually the 3rd-string QB. Jim Sorgi, a white QB out of Wisconsin is the number 2 guy, but he re-aggravated a shoulder injury and didn't play much.

incidentally, it was a back-up "super athletic" left tackle that blew an assignment that got him hurt. the black back-up didn't come back into the game after that, and a white o-tackle played the rest of the game.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
John Kuhn is just getting some garbage time carries after the Steelers tailbacks are taken out of the games. Kuhn is competing for the backup spot behind FB Dan Kreider. Kreider gets 3 or 4 rushing attempts per season and maybe 10 receptions. If Kuhn even makes the team (he was cut last year), he won't be used as a running back, though he was a record setting RB at small college Shippensburg.

backrow

Hall of Famer
yup, i know that Kuhn is a longshot to even make a roster, it's just funny that he's outplaying all those great runningbacks, even if it's grabage time... at least he's really trying hard
smiley2.gif

ps yeah i totally missed Jimmy Farris... he had 1 (one) catch for 'Skins last season... i guess he's another one that could play far better if given a shot