povetkin vs peter?

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
This would be a good fight.  It wouldn't be Povetkin's hardest fight though.  Chambers is a better fighter than Peter is and Povetkin defeated him.  Peter is slow and shouldn't be a problem.

j41181

Master
Looking forward to this fight (if it happens). It's nice to see Black Hopes like Peter take a beating from these European powerhouses.

Eddie chambers is backing out of a rematch with povetkin.. passing up the apportunity to avenge his only loss and maybe a world title to boot! it's looking like "black" is the new "yellow" in heavywieght boxing.

j41181

Master
lost said:
it's looking like "black" is the new "yellow" in heavywieght boxing.
smiley56.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Chambesr is backing out of a rematch because he wants a shot at the title. He will fight Klitschko some time in 2010 and then his title hopes will be over just as fast as they started.  I was surprised that Chambers actually beat Dimitrenko but with Klitschko it's a whole different ball game.

j41181

Master
I'm hoping the Klitschkos can hold out long enough (about 6 years) in dominating the heavyweight division for them to pass on the torch to the next breed of European heavyweights. That's also long enough to make their critics mental nutcases!
smiley36.gif
smiley20.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Vitali is almost 40 so I don't know how much longer he can fight at this level.  He should still have a few more good years of boxing in him.  Wladimir is only 33 and can fight for years.

whiteathlete33 said:
Chambesr is backing out of a rematch because he wants a shot at the title. He will fight Klitschko some time in 2010 and then his title hopes will be over just as fast as they started.  I was surprised that Chambers actually beat Dimitrenko but with Klitschko it's a whole different ball game.
That's right. but if he beats povetkin he will be a world champ. well! the interim champ
smiley5.gif

j41181

Master
Vitali has 2 more years at best, it's Wladimir that will make the 6 years.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Ohh please!! Sam Peter looked like an amateur against Vitali and has no chance against either Wladimir or Povetkin. He's a joke and he can't be taken seriously. He just wants some press.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I swear Peter is as crude as ever. The ko he got over the weekend over the scrub who ko'd Masakaev was the same old from him. Wild punches that a top boxer could see a mile away. He is the same one trick pony that Vitali battered around the ring for 8 rounds.