Post Season snubs

mattharper

Guru
I just read that Grambling and Southern Universities football teams will not be allowed in the post season next year for poor academic perfomances among their players. No surprise here.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
That's surprising, actually. You would think that Grambling and Southern, with their decades of experience in edumencating their students, would have a handle on this. After all, the SEC schoolshave mastered inflating affletes' GPA numbers with phony classes and "extra credit". If allowed to sink or swim on their own, the vast majority of four and five-star supa dupa "superior" affletes would be wallowing in 1.0 GPA land and be suspended. What a tragedy that would be for DWF's who would then have to cheer for a bunch of crackers.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
FootballDad said:
That's surprising, actually.  You would think that Grambling and Southern, with their decades of experience in edumencating their students, would have a handle on this.  After all, the SEC schools have mastered inflating affletes' GPA numbers with phony classes and "extra credit".  If allowed to sink or swim on their own, the vast majority of four and five-star supa dupa "superior" affletes would be wallowing in 1.0 GPA land and be suspended.  What a tragedy that would be for DWF's who would then have to cheer for a bunch of crackers.

Good observation, I'm guessing its a matter of numbers. Most Div 1 football teams stock their rosters with dozens of high GPA White kids that never see the field. But it balances out the bruthas extremely poor scores, and the school doesnt have to cheat for the white guys either. Plus there is a large pool of White "tutors" to take the exams for the affaletes too.

At traditionally black colleges there is no back up pool of White IQ to cheat and balance the low black IQs. The student body is made up of slightly margianally better students but not enough to sneak pass the NCAA. I'm guessing this NCAA policy is going to change because it's obviously ray-ciss.