Pistol Pete Maravich

Quiet Speed

Mentor
I was fortunate enough to see Pistol Pete play in person. I posted about it here: https://castefootball.us/threads/2009-2010-nba-season.10440/post-159820 .

A couple of years behind the Pistol was a player at Ole Miss who some were comparing to the Pistol. Johnny Neuman (nicknamed Johnny Reb) was a prolific scorer averaging 40 points per game. His career can be looked at on Wiki. I understand he never fulfilled his promise in the pros because of personal problems. He was a very big deal when he was thriving at Ole Miss though.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer

Here's an article about Pete Maravich I wanted to share with CF. As Good Friday gets closer and resurrection Sunday is this Sunday, I hope everyone will read this story on how Pete Maravich found what is really the most important decision we all have to make in our life. The decision to choose life. The life that can only be found in a relationship with Jesus Christ.
"I am the WAY the TRUTH and the LIFE. No man comes to father except though me." John 14:6.

Warhawk_46

Master

Here's an article about Pete Maravich I wanted to share with CF. As Good Friday gets closer and resurrection Sunday is this Sunday, I hope everyone will read this story on how Pete Maravich found what is really the most important decision we all have to make in our life. The decision to choose life. The life that can only be found in a relationship with Jesus Christ.
"I am the WAY the TRUTH and the LIFE. No man comes to father except though me." John 14:6.
I believe Pistol passed away playing hoops with Dr. James Dobson, founder of Focus on the Family

Pistol remains an all-time favorite and one of the greatest and most talented athletes to ever step foot on the court.