Pennsylvania is a battleground state

G

Bitter, gun toting, bible thumping Pennsylvanians are set to cling to ice hockey this week.

Hard to believe Barack Obama can even be taken seriously as as candidate for president.

PhillyBirds

Mentor
nevada said:
Bitter, gun toting, bible thumping Pennsylvanians are set to cling to ice hockey this week.

Sounds like Philadelphia, minus the Bible part.

Everyone's gone kind of loopy for the Flyers. Even saw a black guy wearing a Flyers shirt at the last Soul AFL game. Worst to first, baby!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Not a bad thing at all!

The Penguins once lost 42 straight games in Philly, a streak of futility that rivals the Pirates current run of 15 straight losing seasons, and they're 0-3 against the Flyers in previous playoff series, so a Penguins' victory would be sweet revenge. Let's go Pens!

guest301

Hall of Famer
Have always wanted to see Georges Laraque(Penguins) and Derian Hatcher(Flyers) engage in a fight. That would be a absolute donnybrook and fun to watch and in that one instance I would definitely be a Flyer fan! But for now; Go Penguins, the most exciting team to watch in the NHL. Hands down!Edited by: guest301

G

Game 2 got a 1.7 rating on Versus, which is the highest rating Versus has ever done.

Realgeorge

Mentor
I like the Penguins to close out the Flyers on Saturday. The Pens scraped together two late goals in one of those games where nothing was going right for two periods. The Flyers-Pens series is magnificent, not surprised at the high TV ratings.

I think that Penguins-Red Wings will be one for the ages. More evenly matched than newspapers will claim. Wings will have all they can handle with high-skilled but physical Penguins.

The beak is back!

PhillyBirds

Mentor
West-Coast hockey bothers me.
smiley11.gif
The East Coast has more breakaways and open ice action, and more contact. Watching a Red Wings game, I miss the unnecessary contact after passes and such. Edited by: PhillyBirds