Pavlik vs Espino

Westside

Hall of Famer
This weekend Kelly is fighting after all. My expectations is that he get in several rounds of work, say around 5. Then end this exhibition in devastating fashion with Espino lying on his back or his corner saving him.

Then on to bigger and more lucrative fights, say Paul Williams especially after Sergio Martinez ruined him. Kelly should have no problem with the "next greatest affelet."

j41181

Master
Great win by Kelly Pavlik!!

This ends a very tough year for Pavlik, and salvages much needed pride!!

The Ghost is back!!!!
smiley47.gif

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Kelly fought well tonight.
smiley32.gif

He seemed somewhat lethargic against Rubio, but tonight he appeared to be the same as he was when he fought Miranda and Taylor.

G

It's been a while since he's really tried to brawl like that.

good stuff - nice punch repertoire... great uppercuts in close - those will come in handy against P Will... he's been noodle armed in some recent fights but most everything was very tight and crisp here... some pretty good d in the pocket...looked very strong...

bad stuff - didn't use his legs at all, which is kinda understandable since this was a brawl, but I would have liked to have seen some footwork...what happened to that great power jab?...not too much to complain about...

Overall a great performance by the man at middleweight.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Working tonite gotta catch YouTube in a couple of days. Yeah bring on P Will for good beat down and further confirmation that affelets can't cut it at this level

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
Didn't catch this fight last night.  Did Kelly win all rounds until the TKO in the fight?

Yes, but Espino was very aggressive, throwing a lot of punches. Pavlik landed more clean, effective shots in every round.

It was a very entertaining, like Pavlik-Miranda and Pavlik-Zuniga.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Good to see that Kelly put up a nice performance last night. When is he focused he is almost unbeatable. I think Pavlik would beat Hopkins in a rematch. If what Kelly says was true that he was sick it makes a lot of sense that he lost. You can't win a boxing match when you have the flu. Your speed and reflexes just aren't there.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Damn, BD just tried to view you Pavlik highlights but Top Rank Inc took it down due to copyright claim. When do you think YouTube will re post it?

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Here's the fight, I found it on boxingscene's videos section:

download

It takes a few minutes to download, but it's better quality than YouTube.

smiley1.gif

Westside

Hall of Famer
Just saw the fight. What impressed me was the vicious body attack Kelly employed on Espino as well that upper cut. I know Williams after watching this fight and after being taken apart by a smaller Martinez wants no part of Kelly.

If they fight, Kelly is going to steam roll P Will and further ruin him.

Oh, and a Merry Christmas to CFers. Its being a great year for our fighters as well as posting here and exchanging ideas and sharing in our warriors victories. Hopefully 2010 will pick up where 2009 left off.