Overrated Michigan

whiteCB

Master
Every year it seems when the pre season polls come out Michigan is at least gets a top 10 ranking or sometimes in the top 5. This correlates with the rankings of their recruiting classes year in and out which are always in the top 10 according to the "experts". Even though they never live up to the pre season hype, the following year they always get a good pre season ranking. It's because their recruiting classes "look" good to the "experts". Meaning that Michigan is the best caste football school their is(or certainly is up there). Take a look at their lineup its what a football team "should" look like according to the higher up know it alls. Their defense is all black except for maybe 1 or 2 token white guys and their offense has the white o-line, QB, FB, and TE all the backs on O and D are always black. Can anybody remember the last white WR or Safety to start for Michigan because I can't. A school like Ohio St. or Iowa never receives the praise of Michgian's recruting classes and yet has beatin them 4 out of the past 5 years and has won a national championship. It's all because Ohio St. actually recruits white WRs and loves white LBs and actually had a white CB(Dustin Fox) start 3 years for them. It just pisses me off that year in and year out Michigan gets all this pre season hype just because they're a black team and teams like Iowa and OSU always have to prove the doubters wrong. Ya gotta love caste football America. lol

SteveB

Mentor
You could say the same thing about a handful of schools. The Florida schools are always at the top of the preseason rankings. Throughout the 1980's and 90's, Texas was always in the pre-season rankings, yet they were a mediocre team every year in a weak conference. I think Texas A&M beat them 10 times from 1984-1996 and won 6 conference championships, yet many of those years Texas was ranked ahead of A&M in the pre-season polls.

The last white running back U-M had was Jon Anes who played as a true
freshman in the late 90s, but left school because of mental illness.

The last wide receiver I recall was John Kolesar ... in the late '80!

White DB? Don't remember any.

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
It doesn't appear that this will change anytime soon, as I do not see any WRs or DBs on their current commitments for this year. The underachieving seasons will most likely continue..