Original Dissent Hacked!

Deus Vult

Mentor
I got a direct message this evening from a hacker who, according to the message, hacked the Original Dissent board. The hacker used militant "anti-racist" language.

Anyone here know anything about the OD hacking incident?

Can these creeps get into my personal system via whatever info they got from OD?

Freedom

Mentor
I'm a real hacker. It is possible to do anything since information can never be destroyed completely. But it is doubtful and very difficult probably. My computer is very hackable right now. First off all, they would need to find your IP address and use technology similar to the internet "to call" your computer's CPU at a port and then gain entrance past the firewalls and passwords. To deliberately hack a specific computer takes incredible persistence, ingenuity, and brute "mental" force. I used to hang out with kids with f**kedcompany and some of them raided Stormfront and most of them aren't that dedicated to Hacking. True Hacking isn't about vandalism and oppressing free speech, it is about revolutionizing soceity and making things better and being productive. Just in a counter culture, punk way because we're against getting in the way of people's lives and free will unless you have to for the greater good.

Edited by: Freedom

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
What do you mean by a 'direct message?'

I've never heard of Original Dissent. It's hard to say what information the hackers can obtain from that site without knowing the type of information they have and how it is maintained.

Deus Vult

Mentor
By "direct message," I meant that I got an e-mail. I should have said so in the first place!

Original Dissent was/is a paleocon site with a board similar to CasteFootball's board. I have not visited it in a very long time, but it is/was a good community of Old Right folks. http://forum.originaldissent.com/

The message, which I deleted hastily because I did not know whether it was virus-laden, said something about OD being hacked because it is "racist." The message went on about racism and oppression and asked "How does this (racism) help you in your life." In other words, turn away from this evil...