Openly gay NFL draftee Michael Sam couldn't make the team

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-29001290

Michael Sam, the first openly gay player drafted into the National Football League, has failed to make the final roster for the St Louis Rams.

The Rams filed their roster before Saturday afternoon's deadline and Sam was not among the 53-strong squad.

The 24-year-old defensive end can still be picked up by another team ahead of the season-opening matches next week.

Sam's move to declare his homosexuality in February was applauded by many, including President Barack Obama.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Oh well, at least they still have soccer. :biggrin:

As much as I hate the whole *** thing it seems to me the guy is getting screwed (haha). He played pretty well in the preseason, sacked Manziel a couple of times, led the team in tackles the last game. Is St. Louis really that deep on defense?

I know the Rams would want to get rid of any distractions and this guy is a BIG distraction. It's like the Tebow situation. Teams didn't want him because of the drama so they downplayed everything he did to make it look like he didn't belong. But of course that wasn't true. I don't follow it close enough to know if this Sam guy is getting *shafted* and I don't really care. But looking at it impartially it seems like that is the case.

Although I would not be surprised if this was not the end for him. The cultymarxies never give up.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
As much as I hate the whole *** thing it seems to me the guy is getting screwed (haha). He played pretty well in the preseason, sacked Manziel a couple of times, led the team in tackles the last game. Is St. Louis really that deep on defense?

I know the Rams would want to get rid of any distractions and this guy is a BIG distraction. It's like the Tebow situation. Teams didn't want him because of the drama so they downplayed everything he did to make it look like he didn't belong. But of course that wasn't true. I don't follow it close enough to know if this Sam guy is getting *shafted* and I don't really care. But looking at it impartially it seems like that is the case.

Although I would not be surprised if this was not the end for him. The cultymarxies never give up.

I'm bit surprised they actually cut that f@990t. I figured they'd say he'd played well enough to make the team. Are the Ram(rod)s gonna let that cherry play on the practice squad?

backrow

Hall of Famer
Fisher gave him very lukewarm praise, so you may be right, Jax.

he'll stick on their PS, I imagine. oh well, coming out got him into the NFL but paradoxically may cause him to never actually play much haha

Deus Vult

Mentor
Cut by the Rams, and now on the Cowboys' practice squad.

It was Jerry Jones who said not long ago "I want me some glory-hole!" :frown:

PamelaOC

Banned
Cut by the Rams, and now on the Cowboys' practice squad.

It was Jerry Jones who said not long ago "I want me some glory-hole!" :frown:

I still believe that racial and gay/straight politics had at least something to do with Jones' firing of Tom Landry. Landry kept his black players in line, something that would be deemed "racist" today and compared to a wicked white massa keeping da blakks on da plantation.

I'll have mixed feelings about the Cowboys this year. They are one of the whiter teams.