Ondrej Pala

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Ondrej Pala from the Czech Republic is the WBO European heavyweight champion.

Pala (29-2, 22 KO, age 27) is a talented boxer, but he's been poorly managed by Ahmet Öner (Arena Box Promotions).

This Saturday Nov 26, Pala will be fighting Darnell Wilson, who is coming off a surprising MD win over JC Gomez.

Pala should be defending his WBO European title, but unfortunately his promoter left it too late and could not arrange a fight against a European heavyweight contender. So they are bringing in Wilson to be his opponent.

It's sad to see talented young European heavyweights like Pala, Oleg Platov, Denis Boytsov and Vyacheslav Glazkov being so poorly managed and not having the opportunities given to people like Seth Mitchell.

That being said, there are some capable European boxing promoters like the Sauerlands, who are doing a great job with some of their heavyweights (Helenius, Pulev, and Gerber) and Mick Hennessy, who is doing an excellent job with Tyson Fury.

Good win for Pala! He's ranked 8 by the WBO as of Nov, but should move up a notch or two. Boxrec.com has him ranked at 15. He's lost only twice, but with so many good unbeaten fighters out there (and being white) he'll probably have a long wait before geting a title fight.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Konstantin Airich stops Pala by TKO in the 9th round. I had Pala way ahead 7 rounds to 1 going into the 9th, although Pala had been staggered and hurt in an earlier round.

I was hoping for a KO win by Pala, but props to Airich for a spectacular finish!

Once he had Pala hurt, he didn't hesitate and was relentless in his punching.

Blue Devils

Mentor
There's always danger in fighting somebody you already beat. It looked like Pala had taken him a bit lightly whereas Airich was determined to reverse the result of their first fight.

Dempseyfire said:
It's sad to see talented young European heavyweights like Pala, Oleg Platov, Denis Boytsov and Vyacheslav Glazkov being so poorly managed and not having the opportunities given to people like Seth Mitchell.
You couldn't be more right. Pala is promoted by arguably the worst promoter in the game. Oner seems to just recycle the same few opponents for his fighters. For instance, Pala has fought rematches with three guys he decisively beat the first time around.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Ondrej Pala is fighting Dereck Chisora on Nov 30.

Pala had good potential a few years ago, but was ruined by poor management and inactivity.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
I'd like to see an upset in this fight. But with the referee helping Chisora, it's not likely. Pala will probably be the victim of another early stoppage.

[video=youtube;3qPVoO6cTuI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3qPVoO6cTuI[/video]

white is right

Hall of Famer
I'd like to see an upset in this fight. But with the referee helping Chisora, it's not likely. Pala will probably be the victim of another early stoppage.

[video=youtube;3qPVoO6cTuI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3qPVoO6cTuI[/video]
Pala was stunned and staggered into a corner face first. Chisora then proceeded to rabbit punch him and shoot another hook and the incompetent or corrupt referee stopped the fight. Pala should have been given 5 minutes to clear his head and Chisora possibly deducted a point for the blatant foul.....:huh:

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Pala-Chisora was another early stoppage, like Scott-Chisora and Gerber-Chisora (also Groves-Froch last week). Referees are clearly favoring the UK promoters' boxers, are they being paid off to do it?

Rabbit punches are supposed to be illegal.

Other than at that moment, Pala was doing well. He landed more hard shots in the first two rounds, and hurt Chisora several times.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
I just watched it for the first time, here:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x17udlk_2013-11-30-dereck-chisora-vs-ondrej-pala_sport

Too freaking weird. A 100% blatant rabbit punch. The ref should have stopped it and warned Chisora and deducted a point. Chisora is ****, in more ways than one. And so is this so-called referee, and so is British boxing. But wtf was Pala doing hanging on the rope with his back turned like that? He wasn't hurt and he was winning the fight. I'm tellin ya, wrasslin makes more sense than this corrupt ****.

Ambrose

Master
I just watched it for the first time, here:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x17udlk_2013-11-30-dereck-chisora-vs-ondrej-pala_sport

Too freaking weird. A 100% blatant rabbit punch. The ref should have stopped it and warned Chisora and deducted a point. Chisora is ****, in more ways than one. And so is this so-called referee, and so is British boxing. But wtf was Pala doing hanging on the rope with his back turned like that? He wasn't hurt and he was winning the fight. I'm tellin ya, wrasslin makes more sense than this corrupt ****.

Chisora learned this technique from fruitbowl Haye. And that azzhole Froch is really good at the 'ole rabbit trick too.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
So was Pala turning his back like that and the ref jumping in immediately to stop it all choreographed like a WWE wrasslin match?

At least pro wrestling bills itself as "sports entertainment" and doesn't pretend to be an honest sport. Better actors too - plus the WWE doesn't tolerate ******** like Chisora taking advantage of the script to get in a very dangerous rabbit punch.

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The fix was in. How could they stop it like that? Follow the money trail. What a joke. That rabbit punch could have seriously injured Pala yet the ref is just like there is nothing to see here. Move right along.