Obama Hung in Effigy

Menelik

Mentor
Seems like someone in Plains, GA doesn't too much care for the president.
smiley3.gif

11759669_BG1.jpg

And the secret service and local law enforcement are investigating!
smiley5.gif

http://www.walb.com/Global/story.asp?S=11759669

I'm not a big fan of hers but I seem to remember that it was no big deal, according to the press, when an effigy of Palin was hung. Double standard anyone?

guest301

Hall of Famer
Sort of symbolic justice in that picture? Not sure it helps our cause though.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
notto be a stickler, but the correct term is "hanged." we should try to shoot for excellence in all aspects here at CF, even English.
smiley1.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
smiley36.gif

I am an old man who loves to go to school. Two semesters ago I was in a Business communication course taught by a woman the students called the "Grammar Nazi". This woman's hobby is locating grammatical errors in dictionaries and text books, particularly grammar text books. Now here is the rub. I realize the dummy is an object not a person but it is a symbolic person so following that argument then hanged would be correct. The other side of the argument is that the dummy is an object not a human so hung would be correct. Next week when my new semester starts I hope the "Grammar Nazi" is in the class room around the corner from the computer lab so I can pose this question. She is actually ma very sweet grand motherly type lady aside for her obsession with correct grammar and spelling.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
This "Grammer Nazi" would probably hang herself if she had to "teach" all of the affletes that get handed scholarships at D1 schools. "Man, why dis b*tch be hatin' on da way I speak, Yo"

Originally posted by Freethinker

This "Grammer Nazi" would probably hang herself if she had to "teach" all of the affletes that get handed scholarships at D1 schools. "Man, why dis b*tch be hatin' on da way I speak, Yo"

You are probably correct. The college she teaches at does not have athletic teams, is privately funded and caters to working adults. classes run from 6 pm to 10 pm Monday through Friday and 10 am to 10 pm Saturday. It is a rare event to have a student show up for a class with out all the home work complete and faculty are addressed by honorific and last name or sir or m'am. I am trying to talk my daughters into attending this college. It will cost more than a state sup[ported school but i believe the difference in the education would be worth it.

Tom Iron

Mentor
Tired old White,

Sir, were your daughters raised in the PS's? If so, why would you think they'd want to attend such a school as you describe? Of course, our young White people are in no way in a class of degeneracy as blacks, but they're for the most part not in a class that could understand and appreciate such a person as the "Grammar Nazi" either. Just go to a restaurant and listen to a young woman waitress, oh yeah, "server" stumble through the specials. It's like listening to a drunk chicken.
I always shake my head and ask my wife after the person has left what they said. Women seem to be able to decipher this pidgin that is spoken today, more by young women it seems than young men for some reason. I don't know why that is.

Tom Iron...